2015 TGO Secret Santa Show and Tell

GlockSpock

Gift was a collection of eclectic items, I like it! .50 cal bottle opener, revolver cylinder pen holder, some really awesome Browning shot glasses (love these), a couple of Apple stickers with a snarky comment (love it) and a stack of paper silhouette targets (not shown, took up too much room in the pic next to those shot glasses - which I may add will be broken in tonight).

Thank you! (know who you are from the company name, and the fact you "randomly" had some extra Apple stickers laying around lol)

20151211_162648.jpg

I LOVE the pen holder!
  • Like 1

The coolest part about my TGO secret Santa is actually the way I got my present. I was selling a pistol upper to MusicMan and went to meet up to make the exchange. We meet, swap money for upper, then this happens...

MusicMan: Are you doing the secret Santa this year?

Me: Yep

MusicMan: Me too! Here's your present!

So needless to say it was a very cool way to get my gift, and meet a TGO member all in one. All my gifts were in a Academy brand dry box that I've already put to good use by filling up with ammo. Inside were 2 folding knives (one pictured, the other is in the Jeep the wife drove tonight), a sling loop plate for a 870 (again, already installed and the wife loves it), 22lr ammo, .223 ammo, and 9mm ammo, some camo gloves, and the 20 gauge shell looking Chapstick you see pictured. I mean really, could a guy ask for anything more?! My picture is kind of lacking since I've already put the 223 and the 22lr out in their respective dry boxes and the other items are installed and being put to use already [emoji6]. What a great way to start the Christmas season, I can't say I'm thankful enough. I'm waiting on a couple more things to arrive to send off my present. I have to say I like giving as much, if not more, than receiving.
e907cbf6838709ef6dd66382a827354b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome gift!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well...you all know I'm technologically challenged, so I'll just have to describe my Secret Santa loot.

Got a box delivered while I was out of town, so I found it on the back step.

Interesting looking box. Had Amazon all over it, so it could be about anything. Those guys have everything known to man.

Okay, open it up and find a letter size envelope on the top. Plain. No words at all. Hmmm.

Pop it open and find this list:

hipower's EOTWAhpKI

Trading Post Starter Kit

Rice (Natural Whole Grain Brown...have to eat healthy even in TEOTWAWKI)
Beans (Black...I guess to be a source of natural gas)
Coffee (2 flavors...Santa's White Christmas and Jolly Gingerbread. For variety)
Salt (Seasoning Salt with no MSG, actually. Guess Santa thought we should worry about that)
Ammo,
common...Some 22 actually, so I could trade or go for squirrel meat myself.
Knife,
basic....A NWTF 4" Folder(I think for defense or to skin the tree rats I shoot)
Storage container
standard...the packaging box(Also I can use it for fire tinder.)
Bubble-wrap...Entertainment(How'd Santa know I sit and pop the little bubbles?)

Well, Thanks Santa. The ammo is now in my stash. The consumables are awaiting disasterous happenings. And the knife is in place beside me now. I'll keep it with me to ward off all those pesky critters coming to raid my stash.

Thank you, Secret Santa. I hope you had as much fun in doing this as I did this year. Edited by hipower
  • Like 1

My secret Santa wins the internet! Not only because what he/she sent was exactly what I needed and more, but because a 3rd item had me perplexed at first, and then literally bent over laughing once I saw why they sent what they sent! Also, this has been a pretty crazy/terrible weekend, and I am now packing to head to FL to help take care of my Dad who was dead for awhile (heart attack) and will need some care over the next week or so at least that my Mom isn't able to provide. It's been emotional and draining, and just beginning.

I'll get to pics and the story later if I can, but Santa, thank you. Sincerely. You've given me a few moments of sheer delight, surprise, and laughter I didn't expect today. I'm even breathing easier than I have all weekend. Thank YOU!
20151214_165617_zpsfpvk3i0d.jpg
20151214_171445_zpsho1bzyta.jpg

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1
Oh my goodness, I had a huge post almost done and lost it when I had to take a phone call.

This sounds like a copout, but I don't have time to type it all out again. Gotta finish packing and get ready to head to FL. Sincerest thanks, Secret Santa. It means a lot to me the effort and thought put into it. I also appreciate going above and beyond on the value. I know what that stuff is worth. ;-)
I got mine sent out today, I think my person will be happy.... $20 is a very small number when you want someone to be surprised as they open the box. Passed $20 and kept stuffin :rock: I was so excited that i forgot to put my note in the box so Merry Christmas!

Thanks for doing this again, my first time and really enjoyed it.

I got mine sent out today, I think my person will be happy.... $20 is a very small number when you want someone to be surprised as they open the box. Passed $20 and kept stuffin :rock: I was so excited that i forgot to put my note in the box so Merry Christmas!

Thanks for doing this again, my first time and really enjoyed it.

Dadburnit, I forgot the note as well :rant:

• Like 1
  • Administrator

Leafinthewind, I have been asked by your Secret Santa to let you know that your gift should arrive this Friday.  They tell me that it was delayed in manufacturing and just arrived with your Secret Santa today.

Obviously they cannot message you or that would reveal their identity.   :)

Secret Santa was very good to me.  There were three themes:

1. Really cool stuff for my AR - a nice magazine, cleaning materials and a cool DSG Arms patch.

2. Great things for my apocolalypse kit

3. An LSDD (Liberal's Self Defense Device)  Please note that you will have to click on the link to the short video to get the basic idea of how the LSDD works.  Make sure to watch the video before scrolling down to the LSDD. 

TGO%20Santa_zpsxlyvtvhl.jpg

Now, the video referenced above - the Liberal's Self Defense Device (LSDD) won't make sense until watching the video.

https://youtu.be/uffhVqum7P4

Now, I present to you the LSDD:

Whistle_zps9kf1icos.jpg

Edited by Pete123
  • Like 2

Got mine today and must say that I am really happy. I have been looking for a Yeti tumbler but everywhere has been sold out. Then I get one from my secret Santa. Score! Also got some 22 ammo and a free range pass to the Nashville Armory. Thanks Santa.

e81fde9361cbe69965bf3396f6dbe8fb.jpg

Secret Santa came today. Got a Ammo can, AR Mag, an Ares Safety selector, and JP trigger and Hammer springs. Very nice. Building two new lowers, these will be put to good use. Much appreciated.

Edit: just realized the safety selector is adjustable in 30° increments and short throw 55° Very Cool!!!

2232f3ddaab0552cd877566a3fef2f96.jpg

Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1

My Secret Santa came today! WOW  WOW  hit it right outta the park....

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/Armybrat1961/media/PC172280_zps8zhelcty.jpg.html]PC172280_zps8zhelcty.jpg[/URL]

and now in use

[/URL]">http://[URL=http://s1239.photobucket.com/user/Armybrat1961/media/PC172281_zpseyicbsfa.jpg.html]PC172281_zpseyicbsfa.jpg[/URL]

Excellent and thank you Secret Santa!

Edited by ArmyBrat61
  • Like 1

Got mine today and must say that I am really happy. I have been looking for a Yeti tumbler but everywhere has been sold out. Then I get one from my secret Santa. Score! Also got some 22 ammo and a free range pass to the Nashville Armory. Thanks Santa.

Maybe your Santa has a blackmarket source on .22lr - we need to track this person down.