San Bernardino shooting

Motasyco

I like how some people on this board seem to experts on Islam. Didn't realize TN had so many Quran scholars. Or did you get your PHD from the school of Bigotry and hatred at Fox News Academy?

It doesn't even take a GED in Islamic studies to see that all these folks cutting heads off ascribe to the Muslim faith and they've said the attacks will increase. Turns out one of these shooters yesterday also ascribed to the Muslim faith. When did common sense become bigotry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Can you show me the difference between the peaceful fun loving gun owners and the ones that shoot up elementary schools and movie theaters?  Until you can, then I'd just like to ban all guns and string the owners up by their sacks.  

Mental health is an entirely different issue from the religious war we currently find ourselves in. With proper mental health screenings and care, I expect we would be able to weed out these people with pretty good accuracy.

On the other hand, many muslims who do not act on their violent teachings financially support those who do. What do you propose we do about them other than bend over and take it?

they have been saying they were wearing bullet proof vests and body armor

As I suspected, no bullet proof vests, confirmed at latest press conference just now. Just tactical molle type vests holding mags and whatnot.

That's always been the case with these reports in the media, they're always described as bullet proof, but never are.

Go Pro cameras? I'd think that would make it clear if it was Jihad or not.

No cameras. Just something else some "witness" "saw". None found on their bodies or anywhere else they've combed through.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

As I suspected, no bullet proof vests, confirmed at latest press conference just now. Just tactical molle type vests holding mags and whatnot.

That's always been the case with these vests, they're always described as bullet proof, but never are.

- OS

How many people actually have Bullet proof Vest?  I do, but I am the only one out of my group of friends that does.

• Like 1

Christianity teaches love now, but hasn't always. Somehow or another the crusades were considered holy and even today Christians in Uganda have been killing homosexuals. Islam is just a little behind Christianity in its evolution.
As for the rest, it's like picking a fight then getting hit in the nose, and getting tired of being blamed for getting hit in the nose.

The Bible has not changed, and it does not evolve. I am basing my comments about Islam and Christianity from the TEACHINGS of these two books not what some "Christians"/"muslims" have done or said. The Bible teaches love. The koran teaches kill the unbelievers. Are you saying that islam will evolve so that the koran will teach different ideas and actions?

How many people actually have Bullet proof Vest?  I do, but I am the only one out of my group of friends that does.

I have one or two, and a ballistic helmet or two.  Of course my group of friends include active duty as well so am sure they have access to this equipment. 

Post #195 above by Dolomite repeats at least 5 times that there were 3 shooters, including the tweets from ISIS saying "3 lions". All of the reports yesterday said 3 shooters. Now they are saying 2 shooters and both are dead. I've been scanning news reports for a while now and can't find a thing now that even mentions a 3rd shooter. I would think that they had firm intel from witnesses that there were 3 shooters. Now they are content to call it 2?  Don't make sense to me.

The only reports of three shooters were from a couple of folks in the building. Just like the reports of the Go Pros and bullet proof vests, they were apparently wrong. Hell, they also said it was three men.

Also, only one person said Farook got mad at something and left, and one said he simply walked out after looking nervous for a while, so that's pretty much up in the air too.

Also apparently false was the guy who said someone got out of the SUV and ran away after the gunfire started,  tearing off gear and whatnot as he ran.

Which all just goes to show the unreliability of eye witnesses, especially when there's shooting involved.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

The Bible has not changed, and it does not evolve. I am basing my comments about Islam and Christianity from the TEACHINGS of these two books not what some "Christians"/"muslims" have done or said. The Bible teaches love. The koran teaches kill the unbelievers. Are you saying that islam will evolve so that the koran will teach different ideas and actions?

Just like the law in the Old Testament isn't considered relevant today I believe with enough time Islam will evolve and he interpreted differently so that the more violent parts are seen as irrelevant just like the violent parts of the Bible. A lot of Muslims are already saying groups like Isis are not true Islam, so I think there's proof that change is coming.

I don't think the rest of the world will ever let it happen though. The Middle East needs to be left alone, and nobody wants to do that.
  • Like 1

I haven't been able to watch or read anything about his today other than here. Do the police/press conferences seem to be leaning towards terrorism at all today or are they still shying away from it?

Nothing ruled out, but state some planning involved so am sure privately they think so.

• Like 1

Just like the law in the Old Testament isn't considered relevant today I believe with enough time Islam will evolve and he interpreted differently so that the more violent parts are seen as irrelevant just like the violent parts of the Bible. A lot of Muslims are already saying groups like Isis are not true Islam, so I think there's proof that change is coming.

I don't think the rest of the world will ever let it happen though. The Middle East needs to be left alone, and nobody wants to do that.

I agree, we need to leave it alone for about a thousand years or so...after we nuke it.

• Like 3

Which all just goes to show the unreliability of eye witnesses, especially when there's shooting involved.

- OS

There are some great courses in law school about witnesses, memory, etc. It's really fascinating stuff to learn just how people "remember" things or can be helped to "remember" things and truly believe it.
  • Like 2

Not what I said. They are not Christianity as a whole although their doctrine teaches that they are.

There was nothing but Catholicism for the first 1500 years of Christendom. Which is about the age of Islam now. So like Ford Guy mentions, they'll probably chill out, just give 'em time. ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

There was nothing but Catholicism for the first 1500 years of Christendom. Which is about the age of Islam now. So they'll probably chill out, just give 'em time. ;)

- OS

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. First Christians were in Antioch of ancient Syria.

Acts 11:16 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

I can pick up several different versions of the bible to find different translations that have changed over time.

Also, there are plenty of Quran verses that preach love and peace as well as Bible verses that condone violence. Just open up the good book to Deuteronomy.
  • Like 1

There are some great courses in law school about witnesses, memory, etc. It's really fascinating stuff to learn just how people "remember" things or can be helped to "remember" things and truly believe it.

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.

• Like 1

Sorry, but you are completely wrong. First Christians were in Antioch of ancient Syria.

Acts 11:16 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Gimmie a break. The Catholic Church took it over within 150 years and held the monopoly all the way until Martin Luther nailed them 95 Theses on the door.

- OS

Well, it may not have been called Catholic in the beginning, they were simply "disciples," the term was in widespread use by 107 A.D.
For anyone trying to justify this because of the crusades let me dispel that as hogwash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo

Islam was attempting to take over the world and the crusades were in response to Islamic aggression not the other way around. Islam started it and the crusades tried to stop it. The crusades stopped almost immediately as soon as they started but jihad has not stopped once in 1,500 years. They will not stop until every one of us here are either Muslim or dead, period. And the worst part is a lot of Americans would rather live as a Muslim slave than be called a racist, islamaphobe or some other label.
  • Like 9