San Bernardino shooting

Motasyco

The shooter has been identified as Syed Farook in the LA Times.  Foxnews is confirming this.  And the other individual's name is similar sounding, but they are not giving that out at this time.  Foxnews is also saying that they have heard from LE that they think there were only two suspects. 

Syed's father is the one that identified his son as a suspect and he described Syed as a devote Muslim.

The shooter has been identified as Syed Farook in the LA Times. Foxnews is confirming this. And the other individual's name is similar sounding, but they are not giving that out at this time. Foxnews is also saying that they have heard from LE that they think there were only two suspects.

Syed's father is the one that identified his son as a suspect and he described Syed as a devote Muslim.

They'll pull the same crap that they pulled in Chattanooga. It's an "isolated" incident with no real cause and they need the rest of the information secret.

They'll pull the same crap that they pulled in Chattanooga. It's an "isolated" incident with no real cause and they need the rest of the information secret.

I'm not holding my breath that they will call this terrorism.  It will be work place violence.  Wait and see.

And that's why the FBI was there so fast, cause and they need the rest of the information kept secret. :2cents:  :tinfoil:

Edited by crossfire

It will be interesting to see if the ARs that were used in this, were California compliant.  It would be even more interesting if the ended up Fast and Furious weapons!

No, keep your bad guy gun sources straight; fast and furious was for the drug cartels; the benghazi gun program is for the terrorists upset middle eastern people.

• Like 3

Muslims from CAIR are having a press conference now. Begging us not to blame all muslims. Too bad they don't start begging muslims to stop killing innocent people.

Just wondering, if the news and the FBI are telling us not to jump to conclusions that this is an Islamic terror attack, then why are these Muslims holding a press conference now?  Wonder if they are attempting to calm some people down before they announce this was an Islamic terror attack.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
How often is it that when attacks happen that many of us right here on this message board ask where are the moderate Muslims decrying these attacks? We want to know where they are when the bad things happen, but yet we judge them just as harshly when they do come out and say hey that's not cool. I guess they're just damned it they do, damned if they don't.

Apparently Farooq was an employee of the group that was having the Christmas party. This may very well be an incidence of workplace violence disguised to look like a terrorist attack. The reality is a lot of information is still coming out very quickly and very little of it has been confirmed as fact. Just as I said to folks earlier in the week about the Planned Parenthood shooting that they needed to hold off and wait for the facts to come out, I will say the same thing here. You can either be a person who seeks the truth, or you can be a person that engages in demagoguery, but not both. Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 3

Wingshooter that's my whole problem with Islam and Muslims. If they are so peaceful why are they not doing more to stem the violence.
Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.

That's my problem with them too. I've come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a peaceful muslim. There are muslims that follow the quran and kill people and muslims that haven't done it yet.

Just wondering, if the news and the FBI are telling us not to jump to conclusions that this is an Islamic terror attack, then why are these Muslims holding a press conference now?  Wonder if they are attempting to calm some people down before they announce this was an Islamic terror attack.

I think it's pretty telling that muslims are holding a conference. They already know it's islam related even if our own government is too weak spined to say it.
  • Like 2

Who knows what to believe, but I've seen screen shots of Twitter posts with ISIS taking credit. Something to the affect of "Three lions made us proud today"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any you can post?

This administration will down play the terrorist attack aspect of it. According to them it will be a failure of congress to pass "common size gun laws" that caused this, not the bad guys. They will not isentify these shooters as "terrorists" like they have said about gun owners and veterans. These murderers will be shielded behind their religion and anyone calling them terrorists will be labeled as a racist. This is all part of the plan, minimize the terrorist portion of it then use it as a means to further violate the protections afforded us by the Cinstitution.

What is going to upset me more than anything else is these attacks will continue to happen and our government will continue to let more and more "Syrians" in th country. With this happening we should have our borders locked down tight and suspend immigration until we can at least verify who they are.
  • Like 5

Just announced that the Joint Terrorism Task Force is officially involved. Seems to be the way they are going to handle it.

On the other hand regarding "workplace violence",  just confirmed by police press conference that Syed Rizwan Farook, 28,  was indeed county employee for five years, was at the gathering due to his job, and was indeed the one who left reportedly mad about something. That's why they went over to the home in the first place to check him out, and that's when he and the woman split in the SUV, which triggered the chase and shootout.

He's US born citizen. Woman is Tashfeen Malik, 27, apparently his squeeze, not sure if married. No info yet on whether she's US born or what.

Though it still seems pert damn obvious it would have had to have been pre-planned, and not just triggered by some irk at the gathering itself.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

On the other hand regarding "workplace violence",  just confirmed by police press conference that Syed Rizwan Farook, 28,  was indeed county employee for five years, was at the gathering due to his job, and was indeed the one who left reportedly mad about something. That's why they went over to the home in the first place to check him out, and that's when he and the woman split in the SUV, which triggered the chase and shootout.

He's US born citizen. Woman is Tashfeen Malik, 27, apparently his squeeze, not sure if married. No info yet on whether she's US born or what.

Though it still seems pert damn obvious it would have had to have been pre-planned, and not just triggered by some irk at the gathering itself.

- OS

It could go either way at this point depending on the details. They also said earlier that police were looking at weather the "argument" was a diversion of some sort, but he didn't mention that during the briefing. I sure hope they don't chalk this up to workplace violence because the antis would love that fuel.
  • Like 1