San Bernardino shooting

Motasyco

I'm not excusing anything, I just get tired of "All them Muslims is ba-yed, we gotta git 'em!"

Islam is a few hundred years behind Christianity in its evolution, let's not pretend Christians have always been gentle and loving. It's just been a long time since the crusades so folks tend not to talk about it. I know, I know- "They started it!" Well that's the same thing they're saying. Who's been bombing, overthrowing, and otherwise screwing around in the Middle East for generations? Isis sounds just like the Republican Party to their followers- "Let's fight then there so we don't have to fight them here! God loves us, he's on our side, we will prevail!"

:popcorn: I'm posting from my phone, hope the little popcorn smiley works. Can't find the poking with a stick one. :lol:

Umm, Christians aren't responsible for the crusades; the Roman Catholic Church did that. Christians date back long before the Catholics regardless of what the Catholic Church teaches..

• Like 1

I believe you've confused apples with oranges.

Islam TEACHES them to kill us. Christianity TEACHES love thy neighbor. I get tired of people blaming muslim murder on Christians, republicans, etc.

Christianity teaches love now, but hasn't always. Somehow or another the crusades were considered holy and even today Christians in Uganda have been killing homosexuals. Islam is just a little behind Christianity in its evolution.

As for the rest, it's like picking a fight then getting hit in the nose, and getting tired of being blamed for getting hit in the nose.
  • Like 2

Post #195 above by Dolomite repeats at least 5 times that there were 3 shooters, including the tweets from ISIS saying "3 lions". All of the reports yesterday said 3 shooters. Now they are saying 2 shooters and both are dead. I've been scanning news reports for a while now and can't find a thing now that even mentions a 3rd shooter. I would think that they had firm intel from witnesses that there were 3 shooters. Now they are content to call it 2?  Don't make sense to me. 

• Like 1

Christianity teaches love now, but hasn't always. Somehow or another the crusades were considered holy and even today Christians in Uganda have been killing homosexuals. Islam is just a little behind Christianity in its evolution.

As for the rest, it's like picking a fight then getting hit in the nose, and getting tired of being blamed for getting hit in the nose.

Christianity has ALWAYS taught love. God's word hasn't changed. When men insert their own "wisdom" in the name of Christianity is when the gospel is perverted.

• Like 2

Not what I said. They are not Christianity as a whole although their doctrine teaches that they are.

So some Christians don't believe Catholics are "true" Christianity just like a lot of Muslims say Isis isn't "true" Islam, yet both of the sects in question claim that they are.
  • Like 1

You said the same thing in two different posts.

So we can expect to see Islam go all peace and love in a couple hundred years?

I ain't got that long.

All them Muslims is ba-yed now.

If they stopped feeling like they were being pushed around all the time, then yes. In reality though, no. Western nations aren't going to stop screwing around in the Middle East, and there will be no peace. I doubt the world will exist long enough for Islam to mature, we'll all nuke each other off long before then.

There is little doubt this is related to a terrorist attack. Of course ISIS is going to take claim for it regardless of which terrorist organization they may be affiliated with. ISIS has announced that if you cannot come here and fight kill infidels where ever you are. That should be evident his as it was a somewhat well planned attack. With that said the police are convinced it was only 2 shooters yet many witnesses say 3 shooters. I'm curious as to how many more are involved besides the 2 shooters. The neighbor that lived next to the house they found to be the shooters said she saw 3 or 4 middle eastern men coming and going at all hours and receiving many boxes being delivered. Now that they have taken the house I wonder how much more information the police and FBI now have that they have not shared with the public................ :shrug: :shrug:

• Like 2
This whole thread is starting to go off the deep end, and before it does I'd like to say that Catholicism had its corruption, but you are a total fool if you don't think that every sect of Christianity has not had its share of leaders that were corrupted by the idea of power over masses.

That being said, I refuse to subscribe to the idea that all Muslims are evil. The Old Testament has some raunchy stuff that can rival anything in the Quran. I guarantee a lot of you folks have tattoos, had premarital sex, eat shellfish, shave your beards, etc. too.. And just like the bible there are a lot of things that are not applicable to modern living and plenty of Muslims feel the same way. Chances are, Hamiid down the street doesn't want to behead your wife or enact Sharia law in Brentwood anymore than any Christian wants to enact some of the violent passages in the bible.

They want us to hate them. They want us to hate the non-radical so as to justify radicalization. That is not the path, that is not love the way God teaches. We are at war with a radicalized form of a typically peaceful belief in modern times, we are not at war with all Muslims. They kill those that are not radical like them, and plenty of Muslims have fought and died for this country.

Just saying. Edited by suspiciousmind
  • Like 7

So some Christians don't believe Catholics are "true" Christianity just like a lot of Muslims say Isis isn't "true" Islam, yet both of the sects in question claim that they are.

I think it's ironic that someone who fusses at others for lumping in all Muslims as Islamic Extremists does the very same thing with Christians being responsible for the Crusades. I suppose you don't know much about the Inquisitions either, and I don't mean just The Spanish Inquisitions but all of them. You know, where Catholics persecuted Christians who were not Catholic?  

I think it's ironic that someone who fusses at others for lumping in all Muslims as Islamic Extremists does the very same thing with Christians being responsible for the Crusades.

That's exactly why I'm doing it. If we can view all who claim to be Muslims through one lens, why not all Christians?

A lot of the responses here really strike me as being as unfounded as we rail against the left for being.

"There's been another shooting, it involves guns. Therefore, we suggest removing all the guns, it will make some people feel better. We're not interested in freedom."

"There's been another shooting, it involves Muslims. Therefore, we suggest removing all Muslims, it will make some people feel better. We're not interested in freedom."

We need to take the emotion out of this and be logical, try to understand our enemy and how their thought process works. Otherwise we'll never get anywhere and be stuck in this quagmire until they detonate a dirty or chemical weapon, then we respond, then they respond, and we all end up dead. I doubt enough people ever decide to do that though, it's much easier to just be mad and see any attempt to learn about the enemy as weakness.
  • Like 5

I think it's ironic that someone who fusses at others for lumping in all Muslims as Islamic Extremists does the very same thing with Christians being responsible for the Crusades. I suppose you don't know much about the Inquisitions either, and I don't mean just The Spanish Inquisitions but all of them. You know, where Catholics persecuted Christians who were not Catholic?  

You mean the same thing that the Muslim extremists are doing to the peaceful Muslims.  

Blake is trying to make a point that you are clearly missing. 

This whole thread is starting to go off the deep end, and before it does I'd like to say that Catholicism had its corruption, but you are a total fool if you don't think that every sect of Christianity has not had its share of leaders that were corrupted by the idea of power over masses.

That being said, I refuse to subscribe to the idea that all Muslims are evil. The Old Testament has some raunchy stuff that can rival anything in the Quran. I guarantee a lot of you folks have tattoos, had premarital sex, eat shellfish, shave your beards, etc. too.. And just like the bible there are a lot of things that are not applicable to modern living and plenty of Muslims feel the same way. Chances are, Hamiid down the street doesn't want to behead your wife or enact Sharia law in Brentwood anymore than any Christian wants to enact some of the violent passages in the bible.

They want us to hate them. They want us to hate the non-radical so as to justify radicalization. That is not the path, that is not love the way God teaches. We are at war with a radicalized form of a typically peaceful belief in modern times, we are not at war with all Muslims. They kill those that are not radical like them, and plenty of Muslims have fought and died for this country.

Just saying.

I certainly agree with this.

• Like 1

You mean the same thing that the Muslim extremists are doing to the peaceful Muslims.  

Blake is trying to make a point that you are clearly missing. 

No, I'm not missing anything, thanks. I have never lumped in Radical Islam with all of the Muslims. I don't lump in Skinheads and KKK with all Christians either.

That's exactly why I'm doing it. If we can view all who claim to be Muslims through one lens, why not all Christians?

A lot of the responses here really strike me as being as unfounded as we rail against the left for being.

"There's been another shooting, it involves guns. Therefore, we suggest removing all the guns, it will make some people feel better. We're not interested in freedom."

"There's been another shooting, it involves Muslims. Therefore, we suggest removing all Muslims, it will make some people feel better. We're not interested in freedom."

We need to take the emotion out of this and be logical, try to understand our enemy and how their thought process works. Otherwise we'll never get anywhere and be stuck in this quagmire until they detonate a dirty or chemical weapon, then we respond, then they respond, and we all end up dead. I doubt enough people ever decide to do that though, it's much easier to just be mad and see any attempt to learn about the enemy as weakness.

Well, I am not Christian or Muslim, so can I have an opinion? 

I have never once said I hate all Muslims or Islamic people and never will. I have several Islamic friends and yes a few are Muslims and they all are welcome in my home if they choose to stop by. I have been to their home several times and yea they do live a lifestyle different from mine but that does not make them bad, just different. They do express sorrow when an attack takes place where radical Muslims are involved and they say that all they are doing is bringing attention to a peaceful religion and they do show displeasure over it.................my :2cents:

• Like 1

I'm not excusing anything, I just get tired of "All them Muslims is ba-yed, we gotta git 'em!"

Islam is a few hundred years behind Christianity in its evolution, let's not pretend Christians have always been gentle and loving. It's just been a long time since the crusades so folks tend not to talk about it. I know, I know- "They started it!" Well that's the same thing they're saying. Who's been bombing, overthrowing, and otherwise screwing around in the Middle East for generations? Isis sounds just like the Republican Party to their followers- "Let's fight then there so we don't have to fight them here! God loves us, he's on our side, we will prevail!"

:popcorn: I'm posting from my phone, hope the little popcorn smiley works. Can't find the poking with a stick one. :lol:

If someone can show me how to tell the difference between the muslims who wish to kill infidels, and those who don't, then I'll be tolerant of them and their religion. TIll then, I'd like them ALL far, far away from me.

• Like 1

If someone can show me how to tell the difference between the muslims who wish to kill infidels, and those who don't, then I'll be tolerant of them and their religion. TIll then, I'd like them ALL far, far away from me.

Can you show me the difference between the peaceful fun loving gun owners and the ones that shoot up elementary schools and movie theaters?  Until you can, then I'd just like to ban all guns and string the owners up by their sacks.  

• Like 3