Rethinking HCP carry after San Bernadino

The biggest concern I would have in an active shooter situation if I chose to engage the BG's would be when the police arrived, being someone with a gun in my hand. That still is my biggest fear........ being shot by the good guys.

It's a legitimate concern, but whether it be good guy or bad guy bullets, they're just as deadly. If I'm willing to risk being shot by an attacker, I suppose I'm willing to risk getting shot by the good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest concern I would have in an active shooter situation if I chose to engage the BG's would be when the police arrived, being someone with a gun in my hand. That still is my biggest fear........  being shot by the good guys.

Why you get out as fast as you can. :)

• 3 weeks later...

The one single factor not being considered is how a civilian with a handgun of any type is going to be perceived by the LEOs at the scene. With police officers shooting preteen kids with squirt guns many times (10+ shots) do you really think that in a SHF situation they will hesitate to waste a guy with a shiny new 10MM? This the single scenario that has been keeping me worried .Chances of encountering an adrenaline pumping LEO is a lot better than encountering a terrorist. BTW the cop is right, anybody with a gun and no badge or uniform needs neutralizing, sorry, but that is pretty much SOP. I carry a gun to keep from being executed, not for participating in a firefight.

The one single factor not being considered is how a civilian with a handgun of any type is going to be perceived by the LEOs at the scene. With police officers shooting preteen kids with squirt guns many times (10+ shots) do you really think that in a SHF situation they will hesitate to waste a guy with a shiny new 10MM? This the single scenario that has been keeping me worried .Chances of encountering an adrenaline pumping LEO is a lot better than encountering a terrorist. BTW the cop is right, anybody with a gun and no badge or uniform needs neutralizing, sorry, but that is pretty much SOP. I carry a gun to keep from being executed, not for participating in a firefight.

I don't see that as a problem, it's easy to differentiate between the guy blasting at everyone and those trained on that individual.  The ones you hear about getting shot are ones that point their guns at uniformed LEOs instead of laying it down.  And as been shown many times, the killing is usually over by the time they arrive.

• Like 1
your veins, nerves of steel and reflexes that would put Bruce Lee to shame then you might manage to bypass the armor by getting a couple of headshots on moving targets who are firing their rifles

Imagine my disappointment when I clicked on the link and it wasn't a revolver with a 75" barrel.  :-)