New Sights for M&P Compact?

ReeferMac

Any suggestions? Not happy w/ the white-dots, think I'd like to try one of the colored or fiber sets, but it looks like I'll have to shell out 75-100 bucks, so I want to make sure I get it right. Is there a big difference between the Meprolight, TruGlo, or Ameriglo sights? Tritium really work well at night, or just sorta kinda?

Thanks for the input!

- K

Just picked up a set of Truglo TFX sights (fiber optic for day, Tritium for night, white focus ring on the front) for my Shield. Haven't installed them yet but I'm happy so far based on just looking at them in different light conditions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Shotgunner, I didn't get a chance to look at those while there (they were PACKED!!! Buy Smith and Wesson Stock folks, they're going to have an AMAZING quarter going into year end...)

I liked all varieties of the tritium and fiber sights they had there, despite their size (*the combo trit and fiber were smaller than the fiber only*), especially w/ the contrasting orange/red color frontsight, but the backsights that were there, didn't do much for me, especially vs. the factory one's. For the price, I'd rather buy a tritium and fiber front-sight only, and continue using the white-dots at the back. I did not get a chance to see any of the one-dot back-sights, but have watched a few vid's on Youtube, and like the way they look (w/ big U-channel). I believe if I got a set of those in tritium and fiber, I'd be happy, however for the price.... I wanna touch and hold them before putting down the plastic.

Edited by ReeferMac

Got my new M&P 45C to the range this afternoon.  And put 50 flawless rounds down range and hit the target every time!  I really liked it a lot!  I think it needs a new set of sights.  I found it hard to pick up the white ball on the front sight in the gloom.  Matter of fact, never saw it at all.

I would also like some more agressive grip panels.  Does anyone know if there are some stick-on grip panels made for the M&P series of pistols?

Fiber Optic or something with Photoluminescent paint on the front site.  Blacked out rear.  Helps to only focus on front site.  REally only need tritium for low-light (no-light) shooting.

Talon makes both rubberized and more aggressive (sand-paper like) grip panels. 

• Like 1

I have a Sig P220 Equnox and it has a Siglite rear, and a Truglo TFO front. I really like this set up Tritium at night, Fiberoptic front during the day. I will be installing a set of Truglo TFX Pro sights on an older Sig P229. I am really impressed withthese as they have a big Orange dot surrounding the front dot that helps in low or dim light, The fiber optic stands out in bright light, and the Tritium is great in very little light.

If $$ are an issue I unstalled a HighViz front on my shield and it has helped a lot for fast sight aquisition. The front sight is the most important and is where your attention should be focused.

Spending a few bucks on good sights doesn't bug me, without good sights the pistol isn't much good...

I know you don't want to gamble and have to buy another set so looking at the LGS, or better yet seeing at a range is your best bet.

Bob

I wouldn’t waste the money for sights on that gun. Don’t get me wrong I like the M&P C and have one, but they aren’t target guns. When you get a target gun (and you will) then get some good sights. And then I certainly wouldn’t pay much for sights that aren’t adjustable.

Point instinct shooting doesn’t require sights. biggrin.gif Do you practice that?

I would also like some more agressive grip panels.  Does anyone know if there are some stick-on grip panels made for the M&P series of pistols?

Talon makes both rubberized and more aggressive (sand-paper like) grip panels. 

Yep, I think Talon is your best option IMO.   I prefer the rubberized versions myself.   

Edited by Trekbike