Steak is for taxpayers

Caster

It kinda sorta looks staged. But I love it all the same. And how do they have such a new vehicle. I have two vehicles I alternate between, both are '94 models because its tough to afford just about anything else. 

I used to deliver pizzas a long, long time ago.  You get a lot of calls to the projects when you're a pizza delivery guy.  You'd be amazed at the expensive, new vehicles I saw there.  It doesn't surprise me at all when I see career welfare recipients driving nicer cars than I could afford.  I, on the other hand, couldn't afford a new vehicle until 11 years ago.  It was the first new vehicle I ever bought, and I still drive it today.  Plan on driving it for the next 10 years, then pass it down to my son. 

It's examples like these which give me cause to believe that people who are perpetually poor and on the government titty are in that position because they make bad decisions as a rule.

ETA: You'd also figure that with those nice new cars they'd have money for a tip.  Alas, that was not the case.  Not one time.  Ever.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

Nobody in that video was "in the right" as the kids like to say.  It shows that welfare abuse and not minding your own business may well be on equal footing as problems in America today.

If the government did their job, we would be able to mind our own business.  I probably wouldn't have done that myself, but catch me on the day I have to send in my quarterly taxes and I just might be persuaded to.  At some point it's hard not to say anything when many of us are paying in so much for absolutely nothing.

If the government did their job, we would be able to mind our own business.  I probably wouldn't have done that myself, but catch me on the day I have to send in my quarterly taxes and I just might be persuaded to.  At some point it's hard not to say anything when many of us are paying in so much for absolutely nothing.

Some theories hold that in the end, we're paying for social order, since a broke and starving person has nothing left to lose.  Welfare as we know it may be nothing more than a tranquilizer.

I completely understand you on that perfect moment after you send in your taxes, though.  I was paid as a 1099 for over four years, and if everybody had to pay their taxes that way, there would be a revolt riki tik.

The funny thing about welfare abuse in this country is that corporations get about $40 billion more, i.e. about 36% more than citizens, and yet nobody bats an eye. Ending corporate welfare, limiting regulation, abolishing the federal reserve, and establishing a sound monetary policy in this country, even if you did absolutely nothing to change social welfare policy, would have massive, positive effects on our economy, but everyone goes bat shit crazy because a dude wants a steak. To say that we have bigger fish to fry is a gross understatement.

• Like 4

Back years ago my mother had a few friends that lived in public housing and ever so often she would ask me to take her to visit them and I would. I could not count on both fingers and toes the number of high end vehicles such as Caddy's Lincolns, Range Rovers and Hummers all with fancy wheels and tires on them parked in there. I asked one of my mothers friends how these people could afford their high end cars and trucks. He reply was short and sweet. Drug dealers. She said they all live with young girls that can qualify for public housing and food stamps because their income is not counted because they are not married. That pretty much summed it up in a nutshell. I had already drew that conclusion but just wanted to verify my thoughts.

I use to have a few customers that traded with me when  had my own shop. I knew what they did for a living but never bothered to ask. I can remember one in particular. He drove a 1965 Chevy 4 door hardtop. He was having the entire car rebuilt from bumper to bumper. He came to me to get the motor and transmission rebuilt. He also had me do a change out of front brake system and put disc brakes on the front. He never ask how much it would cost. He just ask me when it would be done. I told him 3 weeks. In 3 weeks he walked in the door to get his car and we had it ready. I handed him the bill and he never even hesitated. He began bring out wads of 100 dollar bills out of the cargo pants pockets till he counted out 5,200.00 and I handed him the keys. He came back after he had the car completed to show it to me. He had added a hydraulic low rider kit to it and had gold mag wheels and wide profile tires on it. I asked him about how much he had in the car and he said about $18,000.00.

His whole family traded with me. One day his mother came in to get some work done on her car and I asked her about Carlye and said I had not seen him around in a while. She dropped her head and said I guess you have not heard. He was killed while in Chattanooga 2 months earlier during a car hijacking and he refused to let them have his car so they dragged him out of his car and shot him 5 times in the street and took the car. Goes to show, if you live a life of crime and violence most likely that is how you will die. Oh yea he and his family lived in the projects on University Court off Murfreesboro Road. Highest crime rate area in Nashville.

With that said, good chance had that video over the steak not been staged and was real, my guess is that the people he took the steak from just did not want to draw the police into it and wanted to avoid any attention being drawn to them by the police.......... jmho

While I agree with his sentiment, I am glad my tax money goes to help the poor even if a small portion of them are just lazy druggies.

What I can not stand is my tax money going to fund tax breaks for major corporations and to line the pockets of politicians..

These bureaucrats don't do productive work either.   

Fat cats have us believing that social welfare is bankrupting the nation, when it is in fact their greed. 

• Like 1
Idk if its staged or not but if some fuckface jumped out of his whip and went on a tirade like that wife my there I wouldve shoved my Glock down his throat.

Crazy people man - he doesnt necessarily deserve to be killed however if I was in that situation and he ran at MY family like that I WOULD give him a healthy dose of 10mm if he didnt chill the fuck out.

/rant off

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The funny thing about welfare abuse in this country is that corporations get about $40 billion more, i.e. about 36% more than citizens, and yet nobody bats an eye. Ending corporate welfare, limiting regulation, abolishing the federal reserve, and establishing a sound monetary policy in this country, even if you did absolutely nothing to change social welfare policy, would have massive, positive effects on our economy, but everyone goes bat #### crazy because a dude wants a steak. To say that we have bigger fish to fry is a gross understatement.

Not just that, but they double dip on the welfare gravy train by cashing in on individual welfare as well.  Not like welfare recipients are holding a high month to month balance in the account, they're spending it as it comes in, and that's money business wants just like any other, just has a wait period to clear .gov processing before it hits the corporate account.

Walmart comes to mind as the obvious culprit, since two years ago they had 18% of food stamp spending in the US, equaling $14 billion in actual revenue, and even went as far to warn shareholders about it in their annual report that cuts to SNAP would mean cuts to profits.  Of course they need to protect that cash flow and are part of the lobbying crusade to ensure restrictions aren't placed on what foods benefits can purchase.

Rigged system plain and simple.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 5

Not just that, but they double dip on the welfare gravy train by cashing in on individual welfare as well.  Not like welfare recipients are holding a high month to month balance in the account, they're spending it as it comes in, and that's money business wants just like any other, just has a wait period to clear .gov processing before it hits the corporate account.

Walmart comes to mind as the obvious culprit, since two years ago they had 18% of food stamp spending in the US, equaling $14 billion in actual revenue, and even went as far to warn shareholders about it in their annual report that cuts to SNAP would mean cuts to profits.  Of course they need to protect that cash flow and are part of the lobbying crusade to ensure restrictions aren't placed on what foods benefits can purchase.

Rigged system plain and simple.

I can remember when there were many things you could not purchase a lot of items on them that they can buy now. I think just about anything except tobacco and Alcoholic beverages now. Anything else is fair game I think................ :shrug: 

What I can not stand is my tax money going to fund tax breaks for major corporations

Your money isn’t going to them if it’s a tax break. If I were a Governor/Mayor I would give all the tax breaks I could swing to any corporation I could get to move to my state/City. With those corporations moving away; we will all be poor.