The good guys have never stopped a mass shooting

DaveTN

For the last few days all the news networks have been having people on that say the “good guys with guns” have never stopped a mass shooting. A mass shooting being defined as four or more people shot (I think that's what they said).

I’m thinking....what a load of crap. No armed citizen has ever stopped a potential shooter anywhere? Didn’t I see not too long ago a workplace shooter shot at some exec and the exec pulled a gun and killed him?

I guess if you have to wait for four deaths what they are saying may possibly be true; but at face value I can’t believe there aren’t many cases of an armed citizen stopping a shooter.

We need someone on our side with the facts to produce!
  • Like 3
When an armed citizen takes care of the threat it usualy isn't allowed to reach a "mass shooting" status (4 or more). They are mostly right but for the wrong reasons. If I were to shoot a threat and kill them who is to say that the shooter would not have gone on to kill 15 people if I'd not intervened?

How would you know if it were prevented?

We've all probably prevented a house fire or three in years past, but how do you quantify that?

How many pregnancies have you prevented?

Has gun control ever prevented a mass shooting?

This is what is called a false narrative.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

Well hard to measure whats been prevented...most attacks occur in gun free zones it seems, so what about all the ones that didn't happen in places where there were likely armed  folks?  

They are wanting to slant the fact that good guys with guns do not prevent mass shootings. Like BW stated more of all mass shooting have taken place in gun free zones where good guys with guns are not allowed to be. It is hardly a fair discussion and is totally one sided when you take away the opportunity to allow the good guys to be where the bad guys go.................jmho

• Like 2
And if successful it would not be a mass shooting. Kind of as catch 22. On one hand if a good guy with a gun did stop a mass shooter it would be a failure to some because at least four were killed. But if successful in preventing a mass shooting it would not even be classified as a mass shooting.

Just another example of setting up criteria to make sure it fits a certain narrative
  • Like 1
The NRA monthly magazines all contain a column titled the Armed Citizen which typically has 6-10 true stories per month of legally armed citizens preventing crime or mass injuries in the US. Nearly all of these stories are ignored by the mainstream liberal media and are only rarely published via short articles buried in section B23 next to a bunch of advertising.
  • Like 2

And if successful it would not be a mass shooting. Kind of as catch 22. On one hand if a good guy with a gun did stop a mass shooter it would be a failure to some because at least four were killed. But if successful in preventing a mass shooting it would not even be classified as a mass shooting.

Just another example of setting up criteria to make sure it fits a certain narrative

That’s my point. The workplace shooting I’m vaguely remembering would cause anyone with common sense to know the body count would have been high.

I think the other qualifiers they state are “In America” and “Not LEO’s”. Because there are rumors that two of the Paris shooters were killed by citizens in a restaurant. But that hasn’t been confirmed and is rumored they don’t count because they were Columbian drug dealers and were carrying illegally.

I also remember a shooter being engaged by an off duty cop. I guess he couldn’t count because an off duty cop is so much different than an off duty machinist or carpenter. banghead.gif

I think there are probably a lot of actual situations where a citizen stopped a shooter. But of course they don’t make the national news.

We need actual cases to remove their nonsense qualifiers. But yes, I guess if you put enough qualifiers on anything you can make it fit your requirements.

Mall shooting stopped by permit holder- http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2014/07/24/12402226/

School shooting stopped by asst. principal with a pistol in truck- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_High_School_shooting

School shooting stopped by dance hall owner with shotgun (assumed from vehicle)- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_Middle_School_dance_shooting

• Like 1

Well, Cops are "good guys" also. Not long ago one single "good guy" stopped a mass killing in Texas with a handgun when the MUSLIM ISLAMIC JIHADISTS were armed with long guns.

2 jihaders dead, 1 innocent shot in the ankle, many others are still alive because of that hero cop.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/05/04/prophet-mohammed-cartoon-shootings-texas/26858741/

GARLAND, Texas — Two Phoenix roommates armed with assault rifles and poised to storm an event featuring cartoons of the prophet Mohammed were fatally shot by a traffic cop who probably saved many lives, police said Monday.

One of the attackers had been convicted of terrorism-related charges in 2011 after telling an FBI informant he wanted to kill non-Muslims. Police spokesman Joe Harn said the officer who killed both attackers was a traffic officer who "did what he was trained to do."

Harn said, "Under the fire he was put under, he did a very good job and probably saved lives. We think their strategy was to get into the event center, but they were not able to get past the outer perimeter."

A security guard, who was not armed, was shot in the leg. The police officer who was with him then fatally shot both suspects with his [b]duty pistol[/b], Harn said.

Edited by K191145

Well, Cops are "good guys" also. Not long ago one single "good guy" stopped a mass killing in Texas with a handgun when the MUSLIM ISLAMIC JIHADISTS were armed with long guns.
2 jihaders dead, 1 innocent shot in the ankle, many others are still alive because of that hero cop.

But that does not count because it does not fit their definition.

Well these stooges never seek the truth as we all know, but would rather spread their lies. Just about every mass shooting has been in gun free zones and the lying twits know this, but stories of self defense survivors are not hard to find:

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/women-and-guns/survival-stories

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?136-True-Tales-of-Self-Defense

http://thearmedcitizen.com

https://www.learnaboutguns.com/tag/self-defense-example/

And the list goes on and on...........

Edited by Randall53

A gun free zone and unarmed citizens haven't stopped any so what's their point?

Carbon dioxide is a pollutant and is causing global cooling, I mean global warming I mean climate change, resulting in people committing workplace violence, I mean possible terrorist acts.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about that.  Oh and words hurt, don't respond to my post for the next 15 minutes because I need my safe space.

• Like 1

Carbon dioxide is a pollutant and is causing global cooling, I mean global warming I mean climate change, resulting in people committing workplace violence, I mean possible terrorist acts.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about that.  Oh and words hurt, don't respond to my post for the next 15 minutes because I need my safe space.

Don't you know that global warming has made the earth 1 degree hotter? That means the temperature of most of the Middle East has gone up from 122 degrees to 123 degrees during the day and that's what is p!ssing them off. Al Gore told Obama that so it has to be true.