It may be time to move on. (dog thread)

Caster

I had a few dogs in my life that are now in a box on the shelf..I still cant bury the ashes ..So i know how it is to grief for a animal...

look around.. eventually you know when its the right time to get another one. if its from a breeder or a rescue.. do not try to justify  why you got this or that dog.Its a personal choice..Sure.. rescues are great.. but you also do not know the past of any of them. They can have issues you might not be prepared for ..or want to deal with..

or they might the greatest dog ever for you. You just never know.. give a dog a chance to bond with you.maybe do a trial run?

And you know that dogs learn fast.. but a pit doesnt belong outside (I am talking in a 12 x 12 dog pen)or on a chain.Ever!!

I had and raised pits for 30 years now.. I am a bit partial to them as it is is:)

I didn't want to add this post to the forum for obvious reasons but I think it will help someone get over the pain of losing a dog.  Those who know me and that I am an old fart 80 to be exact.   I have had many dogs in my life and if you came to my place you'd find a pet cemetery on my land.  There are 9 graves of the wonderful furry friend's I've had so far in my life. And I have found the best way to get over a lose is to go out and find one as quick as you can.  You can not do this with a human but it has worked for me. You can go out and find a dog one day and the next day he's licking your face and jumping in your lap. They are fast to learn who loves them.

Edited by Ron_TN
  • Like 1