Anybody order from ares armor?

I ordered one of their 80 percent lower kits that was in stock. I received a order confirmation but nothing else and it has been 3 week with no other info from them. No shipping confirmation , no product delivered. My emails have not been replied to and nobody answers the phone. They charged my debit card the day that I ordered the lower. Just curious if anybody else has this issue. I also think that it's strange that they can send me emails about new products and update their fb page about new products but can't fulfill orders or have any kind of customer service.
IIRC they got into hot water over their "95%" lowers.

They were one of the first to jump on the 80 bandwagon but others had superior, cheaper product.

Orig owners folded under a ATF sponsored C&D. Had one of their muzzle brakes on my old 300BO and also had one of their 80s before they went kaput. Was not impressed

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I ordered 2 NiB bcgs last year and it was almost 2 months before they would reply to my emails, and that was only after I threatened to turn the whole thing over to the fraud department of my bank. Their excuse was "Yeah we received a payment from you but didn't know what it was for..." WTF?
From the order date it was over 3 months before I got the bolt carrier groups. I will not order from them again.

I ordered 2 NiB bcgs last year and it was almost 2 months before they would reply to my emails, and that was only after I threatened to turn the whole thing over to the fraud department of my bank. Their excuse was "Yeah we received a payment from you but didn't know what it was for..." WTF?
From the order date it was over 3 months before I got the bolt carrier groups. I will not order from them again.

Thanks for the tip. I just sent them a 3rd email telling them that I would turn them over to the fraud department if they don't resolve this soon. I'm sick of companies like this.
I've ordered from them, actually twice in the last three weeks. First order took 4 business days to ship. Second order was placed this past weekend so we'll see. My orders were small parts FWIW, I like their ambi 60 degree selector lever. They had it on sale for $15 over the Black Friday weekend so I changed every AR I own over. Edited by KKing
In your next email/message tell them that you are going to ask your bank/CC company to issue a chargeback if they don't respond. That will probably get a response. If it doesn't, follow through and contact your bank. I've been on the wrong end of a few deals before, and my CC company has always taken care of the issue and got my money back. It's usually easier with a credit card than debit though. You'll probably have to visit your bank and fill out some paperwork if you used a debit card.

still waiting for parts that I ordered 3 weeks ago. Not a long wait but longer than most of my orders from other companies. I do not find their prices to be that good most of the time. I get email specials from them every day. This is the first order I have given them. It was for a part a client wanted for a custom build. I have already finished his gun except for that one part.

I won't be ordering from them again.

Hi Chris,

We are expecting a shipment of polymer kits this week. We fill all orders as soon as the product hits the floor. You should have your lower kit before Christmas. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with in the mean time.

John
Ares Armor
  • 2 weeks later...
Still nothing else from this poor excuse for a company. No shipping info, nothing. I sent another email telling them to just give me my money back . I got an email yesterday saying that they are changing the name of the company. I guess they screwed as many people under the ares armor name and had to change it to lure more folks in!
Ahh, good old Ares. Out of Oceanside, CA. Used to live there. Was a huge ordeal when they got raided. Can't believe they're still in business. I know many people who were screwed over by them in 2012-2013 panic.

Don't wait around, just call your bank. It's simple. Dispute the charge and your money will be back in your account in a day. They send you an affidavit to sign and you send it back. Done.