Gun store misinformation

FortKnox

So today I was in TN Gun Country looking to see if they finally had the LCR .327, which they did. Anyways, I left my smartphone in the car so I asked one of the people behind what different ammo it can shoot.

The guy told me it can't shoot different ammo, it can only shoot .327 which is why the caliber wasn't popular.

I, of course, knew that was utter bullshit. I just gave him a WTF look and said OK and left right then and there.

I hope to god he doesn't give a new shooter,that doesn't know any better, information.

So today I was in TN Gun Country looking to see if they finally had the LCR .327, which they did. Anyways, I left my smartphone in the car so I asked one of the people behind what different ammo it can shoot.

The guy told me it can't shoot different ammo, it can only shoot .327 which is why the caliber wasn't popular.

I, of course, knew that was utter bull####. I just gave him a WTF look and said OK and left right then and there.

I hope to god he doesn't give a new shooter,that doesn't know any better, information.

Sounds like you were dealing with a former "Best Buy" or "Circuit City" (remember them?) employee.

Can't it also shoot .32 S&W?

Edited by tartanphantom

Thanks. You would think the Ruger website might say so right on the product page (or at least the spec sheet) and not bury it in a manual almost nobody reads. It's not like the .327 Fed Magnum is some super common round that everyone should know about. Even the .357/.38 thing is only well known amongst shooters, but I noticed that Ruger doesn't have that on their spec sheet for the .357 LCR either.

Compare that to the nice way S&W shows their specs. No reason to make it hard to find. Bad web-design, IMO.

Edited by monkeylizard

I, of course, knew that was utter bull####. I just gave him a WTF look and said OK and left right then and there.

TN Gun Country is full of retards. The others are pissy.

Ive been there 4 times trying to give them a chance and everytime I had to walk out or choke someone.

Idk how they stay in business damn near everyone I meet hates them too

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The owners name is David Bada (spl?) he's retired military and a pretty good guy who need's to be informed whenever an employee provides poor service. I know for a fact it pisses him off to find out his employees aren't providing good customer service. I mentioned a poor customer service experience and it became a major store issue. Also, don't expect every gun store employee to know as much about a new product or all products as you might know. I worked part time in another gun store years ago and was very well informed about the product line. There were still occasional customers who read every gun rag that came out, subscribed to Shotgun News, lived, breathed and had no other life then guns who knew more.

The owners name is David Bada (spl?) he's retired military and a pretty good guy who need's to be informed whenever an employee provides poor service. I know for a fact it pisses him off to find out his employees aren't providing good customer service. I mentioned a poor customer service experience and it became a major store issue. Also, don't expect every gun store employee to know as much about a new product or all products as you might know. I worked part time in another gun store years ago and was very well informed about the product line. There were still occasional customers who read every gun rag that came out, subscribed to Shotgun News, lived, breathed and had no other life then guns who knew more.

I cant talk much about knowledge, though some of those muldoons are obviously lacking in that department it is just theyre are so crappy, and alwaye have an attitude and arrogance about them.

Not a single dude in there that I talked to was the least bit pleasant or knowledgable. Hell their prices are outrageous if it wasnt for dumb privates theys be out of business.

/rant off I hate that place

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Well here's the thing while the LCR .327 is a new product, .327 revolvers have been so since 2008 and a few months ago when I went into the store to see if they had it the persons at the counter know the different ammo it shot. The guy I talked to today was sure that you could only use .327.

On that note the person I asked before him didn't know and went to ask him and said he's kind of the gun guru there.

I have never been to this store, but so many gun stores have a bunch of nuts that are unfriendly and downright rude. I have worked in sales since 1971 and one thing you have to be to be a successful salesman is be friendly!!. I don't expect everyone to know everything, but if you don't know, just say so and find someone who can answer the question.

• Like 2

Well here's the thing while the LCR .327 is a new product, .327 revolvers have been so since 2008 and a few months ago when I went into the store to see if they had it the persons at the counter know the different ammo it shot. The guy I talked to today was sure that you could only use .327.

On that note the person I asked before him didn't know and went to ask him and said he's kind of the gun guru there.

When all else fails read the directions.

I will never buy from someone who knows less than me about a  product.  They are in the business of selling guns they should know how they work and what the capabilities are.

And people wonder why brick & mortar shops are dying.

• Like 2

I will never buy from someone who knows less than me about a  product.  They are in the business of selling guns they should know how they work and what the capabilities are.

To play devil's advocate here, that starts to become a bit difficult if you have an inventory of 1000+ firearms. There will be SOME information that you would be unaware of, minute or not. NOW, that being said, .327 Feddie is a favorite of mine purely because of it's ammo versatility but many folks aren't aware of it's commonality.

• Like 1

I agree. However, I will sometimes forgive ignorance, but never stupidity. If the guy didn't know, he should have said he didn't know. It would have shown better customer service to take the time to look up the information than to spew false information.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 4

I overheard a guy at Academy Sports tell a woman a barrel marked .38S&W couldn't shoot .38 +P because the bore wasn't large enough :stare:

I had one tell me to my face just last week that if I wanted a really good self defense pistol the judge is the only way to go. Told me a .410 buckshot load at hallway distances is enough to physically knock a man off his feet from the force of the impact. I was asking about .357 revolvers for my wife, and he said ".357 is ok but even birdshot out of a judge is more powerful than a .357"..... Needless to say we went elsewhere to look.

Sent from behind the anvil Edited by Spots