FA Options for first

What are options for picking up a FA as far as dealers, and weapons.  Looking at getting something in the 3-6K range, and thinking about doing something before the end of the year.   Any dealers on this site holding one now?  

I'm semi (no pun intended) in the market myself.  I don't believe you will find anything FA for 3k.  Even Mac's are pushing 5-6k now.  I had intended on getting a m11 9mm, but at those prices I may end up saving a bit more for an UZI.

Take a look here:  http://dealernfa.com/

I have a very nice Powder Springs MAC 10 9mm transferable (Original Ingram - 71/72 model) in inventory right now. Been meaning to take some pics and get some prices up. Trying everything I can not to keep it myself ;o)

Has 4 mags, AR collapsible stock adapter, case, sling, front strap.

I threaded the barrel for a can I have here. 1/2x36.

Will reparkerize before it goes out. I had blasted it a few months ago and just dropped it in a tank that was nearing its flush time. I wanted to get some finish on it to keep from rusting.

Keep an eye on the classified boards. I'll probably be listing it here in the next few weeks. On the list for a new Lage upper so if Linda calls me soon I may keep her.

4e049ac6b33b17ef35654e506ad1b408.jpg

d3b9d86c4ab1c6b58669e8d9d5ecb43f.jpg

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
Holy bat crap, the market price on these things have taken off. Since I've not been in the buy mode for this sort of stuff for a long time I haven't kept up with their values. I can remember when I could buy registered lowers for $400.00 including the transfer fee and John Norrrell trigger packs were $299.00. I could be sitting on a gold mine now. I guess the "If I had 20/20 hindsight" thing applies here.
  • Like 1

Holy bat crap, the market price on these things have taken off. Since I've not been in the buy mode for this sort of stuff for a long time I haven't kept up with their values. I can remember when I could buy registered lowers for $400.00 including the transfer fee and John Norrrell trigger packs were $299.00. I could be sitting on a gold mine now. I guess the "If I had 20/20 hindsight" thing applies here.

You should know what these are right? back in the day (pre 86) maybe $100, today $30k.

More bling then a rap star.

DSC03883_zpsrgidva5r.jpg

• Like 3

your best option is a RRm16 for 13k+, the 16 opens up all possibilities....

RR m16? Does RR refer to Rock River?

Unfortunately no. Stands for Registered Receiver          

There are basically 2 classes of MG if your not spiting hairs

1) Factory built MG: most popular Colt M16A1, etc

2) Pre 1986 anyone could build a MG just like you can make a SBR today:

They could have been built them like this, and I'll split hairs

a)  Factory RR: another gun manufacture could buy a stripped lowers from someone else, machine them and restamp with their name and S#.

I have a Factory RR, its a Frankfort Arsenal on a Olympic Lower, Olympic seamed to be the most popular lower used back then, a lot of low end manufactures back in the 80's made their stuff usually out of spec, including my gun. 

RR anyone (individual, gun shop, etc) could take a regular complete gun or stripped lower, machine it "if" needed, drill the evil 3rd hole or use a DIAS.

Edited by Johnny Rotten
  • Like 1

Registered receiver

Well dah, that makes sense considering the topic. Would the $13k+ range be for Colt RR's? I would think Colts will bring a premium and definetley be in the +++ range. Let's say for example an Olympic Arms RR built by Small Arms Weaponry in the mid 80's, right at the $13k range?

Here's a good place to start. I bought my Reising from him. After the approval, He mailed it directly to me no class 3 dealer to go thru. Best thing about a Reising it will go C&R .

http://dealernfa.com/product-category/machine-guns/page/2/

He's alittle high but, well trusted dealer in the class 3 world.

I bought a Gen 5 Shrike Upper from Ruben, he's a stand up guy, I have never seen him reduce a item and he sure doesn't negotiate a selling price.

My buddy bought a MP5 from him in 2011, it transferred on a F3 to outpost armory in 1 week, he DEFINITELY has contacts...