What to buy for concealed carry

bayouvol

If I may, "mag" is a contained "vessel" for the rounds.  "clip" is a retaining device where the rounds (of ammunition) are not contained within - just held together.

With that said, if you can, shoot them all and find out what works for you.  Then practice like heck.

I would be partial to the G27.

• Like 4
6 shot snub nose with adjustable sights from S & W? That may be the one as it may be special. The Glock and the Ruger are really close in size. I'm a huge Glock fan, but either is good. That particular Sig kind of sucks, so I would skip that one.

What are you going to use this gun for?
I'd go with the G27.

Why? Because I've shot and owned a few.
They all shot well for me. And it holds more than 6 rounds.
So that takes care of the Smith.

As for the Ruger, I've not shot one.
So I can't recommend it over the G27.

I've not shot a Sig P250.
But I've pulled the trigger on them and it wasn't for me.
It was too long, I thought.

If you what American made and Semi-auto. I would look at an M&P 9c.
I really like the M&P pistols.

Good luck on which ever you pick. Edited by TnShooter83

OK I'm sure there's some level of methodology behind the selection put forth by the OP so I'll stay within those parameters. Of the proposed firearms I'd go with the SR9c as first choice and the G-27 as second choice. As to the why, the SR9c is a 9mmP which can use the larger capacity SR9 magazine, has excellent out of the box sights and is effectively accurate. It's also got a pretty good trigger. I have an SR9 and have shot SR9c's and they compare favorably with the Glock. I've owned and shot two separate G-27's very extensively and really don't like the G-27 or the .40 S&W cartridge.

If you what American made and Semi-auto. I would look at an M&P 9c.
I really like the M&P pistols.

YES!

I tried many different makes and models before I purchased the M&P 9C for my concealed carry piece. I like it quite a bit. Shoots great, even I can have tight groups at 10yds, fits my hand well, and with the 12-rnd magazine (thank you Peace!), I find it easily concealable: I have a Desantis holster I wear around the 5 O'Clock area outside my pants, and something over top (coat, etc.) A wee big for a pocket-carry (pants pocket) IMO, but I've kept it in my jacket pocket many times with no-troubles. Use a 17rnd full-sizeM&P  mag. as my backup. Gives me 29-chances to GTFOOD! I like them odd's better than the 7 or 9 rnds. in my wife's gun!

- K

• Like 1

If I may, "mag" is a contained "vessel" for the rounds.  "clip" is a retaining device where the rounds (of ammunition) are not contained within - just held together.

With that said, if you can, shoot them all and find out what works for you.  Then practice like heck.

I would be partial to the G27.

Wonder why this took so long? :waiting:

Will also recommend the Sr9c shoots well light recoil backstrap can easily go from strait to curved. Saftey has positive engagement if that important to you and gives you options for capacity. My wife has one and it has been reliable nice trigger as well.

probably the high power if I *had* to pick off that list.   And that simply because I don't care for snubbies and if I do get one it would be capable of 357s even if I shot 38s, I don't like glocks, the sig has a bad trigger,  the ruger would be my runner up. 

These guns are all over the place in style, so my thought is that you should head back to the drawing board, come up with a style you like,  pick some guns that are somewhat similar to each other,  and ask again.    This looks like you just wrote down what the local pawn shop has on the shelf today, no offense, but there is almost nothing in common here so what you are asking is which of those we like best,  and at a guess most of us have not even shot, much less owned, all of them...   your answers are going to be about as useful as voting for most popular back in high school.   Fun exercise, but not terribly meaningful.

Edited by Jonnin
  • Like 1

I'd go with a Glock 26.  I have a Glock 27 with a conversion barrel (9mm) and prefer the 9mm over the .40 for several reasons, one of the main reasons being that 9mm is a whole lot cheaper to shoot than .40.  Don't let anyone tell you that 9mm is under powered, use the right ammo and you will be fine.

• Like 1

Choices are: smith wesson 6 shot 38 special snub with adjustable sights and the pin on the hammer (350), ruger sr9c stainless (3560), glock 27 (399), or sig p250 45acp compact (449), all the pistols have only one clip. Which would you buy and why?

I compared the following at a local range:  SR9c, M&P40c, and Glock 23.  The SR9c had the best trigger, but one of the range employees said it was not as reliable as the other two (2).  I came across a deal on a police trade-in M&P40c, and since it had a better trigger than the Glock I bought it.

If the availability of aftermarket accessories is important, then get the Glock.  The SR9c will likely have the best trigger.

I hope that helps.