Trade forums

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Not really a fan of the interface either, honestly. Mentioned a few times that it seemed like an answer to a question that was never asked. I prefer the old venue (creating a thread) that allows more flexibility and interaction. Plus creating a listing, with the new software, is a bigger PITA. :)

We may be in the minority that doesn't like it, though.

Just my $0.02.

Not really a fan of the interface either, honestly. Mentioned a few times that it seemed like an answer to a question that was never asked. I prefer the old venue (creating a thread) that allows more flexibility and interaction. Plus creating a listing, with the new software, is a bigger PITA. :)

Just my $0.02.

I feel the exact same way you do.

There are a couple things I would have liked to traded on but I did not post them because of the way the system works.

I would post many more items if it was back to a thread lay out.

Guest bkelm18

Just my $0.02.

I agree as well that its kinda more of a hassle to to post new ads. Its just a more complicated interface to communicate and interact, so that may be the reason for the decline in ads. I like the feedback portion of it though, well I did until I pissed off some clown who wasn't too familiar with the legalities of purchasing a gun. :poop:

Edited by bkelm18

The first thing I look for after clicking on a thread is the price. Since it has its own field (I have to look for) most aren’t putting it in the body. The second thing I want to know is where the seller is (No point in me looking at stuff in Memphis or Knoxville) . I use to glance over and look under their avatar. Now the avatar is not there and many don’t put the location the in the text either.

Also I have gone to the firearms for sale page and half the page or more is filled with deleted threads. Shouldn’t deleted threads be just that… deleted?

Was WTB a category of it’s own before? It seems to be getting a lot of threads with little action. Shouldn’t these threads be in with the rest of the firearms?

Again… I don’t want to piss anyone off but it sure seems like the action had died off.

Guest Verbal Kint

M4C uses the normal post/thread format as well. That, along with the huge member base, is why I usually just list things for sale over there versus here.

I guess there are several of us that dislike the new software. That, coupled with the bugs/issues... maybe something can be changed... or at least this brought to the Admin's attention. :shrug:

Edited by Verbal Kint
The first thing I look for after clicking on a thread is the price. Since it has its own field (I have to look for) most aren’t putting it in the body. The second thing I want to know is where the seller is (No point in me looking at stuff in Memphis or Knoxville) . I use to glance over and look under their avatar. Now the avatar is not there and many don’t put the location the in the text either.

Also I have gone to the firearms for sale page and half the page or more is filled with deleted threads. Shouldn’t deleted threads be just that… deleted?

Was WTB a category of it’s own before? It seems to be getting a lot of threads with little action. Shouldn’t these threads be in with the rest of the firearms?

Again… I don’t want to piss anyone off but it sure seems like the action had died off.

1) The threads are not deleted.There is a problem with the software transitioning the ads to the forum as explained here. If you enter the Trading Post directly from here you will not see any falsely deleted ads.

2) It is a requirement for sellers to post their location,which is located on the right hand side under the users name.If I see someone that does not have a location,or a price,then I will ask them to ad them.

3) No,the WTB section is,and has always been in its own category.

Also,not really sure what you mean by allot of threads with a little action other then people just not replying to threads :shrug:

Anything else is really up to Admin to decide on,and to explain..

Guest emsputz

I also want it changed back to the old format. I have quit looking at the trading post entirely since it was changed. I had really tried to participate more in the forums so I could get my post count up enough to post in the trading post. After it was changed, I didn't even bother making a post or looking at them either.

I also want it changed back to the old format. I have quit looking at the trading post entirely since it was changed.

these would be my thoughts exactly. I have not even attempted to list anything since the change.

The old way seemed better.

I am guessing it is JC's fault. :shrug:

:P

I didn't see a reason to fix something that wasn't broken.

Very Microsoftish. :shrug:

And I think there's still the glitch where some things don't show if you enter with the normal "forum" view rather than the VBClassified link? Or is that fixed?

For example, here's ad:

WTT - Springfield Armory...by bkelm18

Shows as "deleted by" in regular forum view, but is actually there in VBClassified link with a

long time remaining. So still don't understand the glitch or whatever.

I have some odds and ends to list, guess will go ahead and see if folks want them here before I eBay them, though. Assuming you see them.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
add'l info

if there is a glitch in the system that is causing a pain in the arse for many people, it makes sense to me to revert back to what was not broken.

i am among the few that despise the new layout. i do not go in that section near as much as i used to (which used to be 2 or 3 times a day, down to maybe once every 2 weeks). it is too much of a pain to do some casual browsing. now it got way too involved, so i just stay out of there all together.

Yes I like the old format better also since it is what I have become used to on other forums I participate in. I think some people who aren't computer savvy may look at how to post a for sale ad now compared to the old just start a thread and may not post because it is confusing to them, etc.

I think everyone complaining should be required to at least post one item for sale or wanted before they give their final opinion.

At a minimum - you whiners might screw something up and I get a good deal B)

It's not my favorite - but it's not the worst layout I've ever used either.

I posted an ad for some ammo today. Despite the options set to "NO" for "accept offers" and "allow comments", I received a lowball offer B) and an arseholish comment B) within an hour or two via PM. I think the software was designed to do away with comments and offers if the seller wants, but folks will go out of their way to be idiots it seems and the PM option gives them the means.

I posted an ad for some ammo today. Despite the options set to "NO" for "accept offers" and "allow comments", I received a lowball offer :lol: and an arseholish comment :stick: within an hour or two via PM. I think the software was designed to do away with comments and offers if the seller wants, but folks will go out of their way to be idiots it seems and the PM option gives them the means.

Hope you didn't think my offer was either of the things you said.

I just know that what I offered was about the same price as yours at this past weekends gunshow.

I didn't notice any no offers,that is one of the problems with the way it works.I only read the body of the ad.

If it was my offer that offended you I am sorry,I am used to these internet trade forums being trade forums,offer and counter offer to see if a deal can be worked out.I hope these forums never turn into a internet Wal Mart.

Edited by J Smith
Hope you didn't think my offer was either of the things you said.

I just know that what I offered was about the same price as yours at this past weekends gunshow.

I didn't notice any no offers,that is one of the problems with the way it works.I only read the body of the ad.

If it was my offer that offended you I am sorry,I am used to these internet trade forums being trade forums,offer and counter offer to see if a deal can be worked out.I hope these forums never turn into a internet Wal Mart.

My apologies J, it was your PM that I thought was a lowball offer, but it is my ignorance of .223 prices that caused me to make that incorrect assumption. I simply plugged in .223 Wolf and clicked on the first link that had a price. Also, I had 500 rounds of Wolf .223 offered to me Saturday for $125, reinforcing that idea. I see now I should have purchased it if for nothing else, to resell and make a few bucks for something I can use.

So I was wrong, and extend my sincere apology. No doubt I was in a sour frame of mind after setting the options to "no" on offers and comments only to find that folks could still PM them to me. I later looked and saw that these settings merely cause links to facilitate offers or comments to be omitted from the listing, they don't show up advising folks not to respond with same.

Guest abailey362

i like the old form as well. there are a few things that i would have listed, but it's too much of a pita.

it also makes it a hell of a lot harder to look at the threads on my treo while at work becuase the new format doesn't always agree with the phone, and i get a lof of "page cannot be displayed" errors that i don't get anywhere else.

Don't worry about it.

Obama has everyone so scared that it is hard to tell what anything is really worth right now.

I agree that 125.00 per 500 is about right but most are marking it way up.

I see 500 rds for sell right now at the right price,if I had the extra cash I would grab it.

I called Cabelas about the 7.62x39 for 119.95 per 500,the lady on the phone said they had on idea when they would get more and the price would most likely be much higher.

From what I have been seeing on the net,shows and dealers if you want any ammo of this type and find it for around 200.00 or under you better get it.