Trade forums

i like the old form as well. there are a few things that i would have listed, but it's too much of a pita.

it also makes it a hell of a lot harder to look at the threads on my treo while at work becuase the new format doesn't always agree with the phone, and i get a lof of "page cannot be displayed" errors that i don't get anywhere else.

It also makes it impossible to look to see what items have been selling for.

I am on a couple boards that will give temp bans for deleting price from sale ads so members can go back and look to see the prices.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for the old way here too. I thought that it was A-OK until I tried to sell a couple of items a week or so ago. It was confusing that it seemed to have its own PM system and no real way to edit in a WSWYG mode. There is no real way to let the system know it was sold, taken off the market, deleted, or abandonded.

Not meaning to be critical, but it might be scaring people off due to the hassle and complexity. I run rugerforum.com and we had a gentleman build a similar script for our site...it was actually the same system that was later used by rimfirecentral.com. While it was good for mass quantities of sale items without much moderation (rugerforum = 50 or so items per day while rimfirecentral was up to 200) ...it was just too much complexity for most users. We scrapped it in the testing phase.

I am on a couple boards that will give temp bans for deleting price from sale ads so members can go back and look to see the prices.

This is a HUGE +1 for other people wanting to sell things. We strongly suggest people do this on my site...HERE

Edited by I_Like_Pie
  • Administrator

Maybe we'll just do away with buying and selling here all together. The point of this forum was never to be a swap-market. If you want that, there are better venues for it. The forum was established to discuss gun ownership issues; buying and selling between members is ancillary to the purpose of us being here.

The bugs that exist within the current trading post system were being worked on by the author of the software. I have not checked on the status of it for about a week and a half. In case you hadn't noticed, I've been busy with a family emergency.

We won't be changing away from the current trading post system unless it is to do away with it entirely. Suck it up and deal with the minor inconveniences while we try to resolve the problems. If you don't like that, there's always www.golsn.com