Lead Sled at Midway

xsubsailor

Lead sleds are nice,and this one is a good price. I do have a tip on the bags for them though, if you use lead shot, which I suggest, put it in a nylon bag first, then seal the bag. I sewed mine shut, the inside bag. I had originally just put the shot in there and the zipper failed. Still finding shot on our concrete floor.

For those that have interest, you can rent sleds at Stone's River for $3-4.  A lot of folks on here don't like Stone's River because of the fussy lady.  She is only on the pistol side.

The guys on the rifle side like are awesome.  

All of them wear hearing protection, though one or two of them don't really need it as there is nothing left to protect. ;)

• Like 1

Yea, not the same but that is the one I have and it works great.  The one in the OP allows the front rest to move forward and aft to better position it on the stock of shorter rifles and maybe even handguns.  I got a separate pistol rest to use for my .44, but since I just needed something cheap, I got this one: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00094574662/Handy-Shooting-Rest-NXT-

Yea, not the same but that is the one I have and it works great.  The one in the OP allows the front rest to move forward and aft to better position it on the stock of shorter rifles and maybe even handguns.  I got a separate pistol rest to use for my .44, but since I just needed something cheap, I got this one: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00094574662/Handy-Shooting-Rest-NXT-

It will also let an AR mag or lever fit between the bars, and is windage adjustable. I have the DFT. I actually used it a couple of weeks ago sighting in a shotgun with slugs. I don't use it very often. But when you need it, you need it.

It will also let an AR mag or lever fit between the bars, and is windage adjustable. I have the DFT. I actually used it a couple of weeks ago sighting in a shotgun with slugs. I don't use it very often. But when you need it, you need it.

That is actually a good thing, to get around that on mine I used a 20 round mag.  But with my ARs its really overkill since the recoil is really mild.  On any of my other rifles If I am only confirming zero I don't use it, but if I am developing a load for a particular rifle/use combo I fire quite a few and after awhile it wears your shoulder out.  If this one would of been priced like this when I got mine I would of jumped on it.

I shoot mostly AR-15's in various calibers. Only one of them has significant recoil. So, the lead sled almost never comes out. I have better rests for accuracy. FWIW, I always use a 20 round mag when shooting an AR from a rest. All my rests are two piece except for the Lead Sled

• 2 months later...
I picked up one during the last round and like it. Just remember you're going to spend some more money. You'll need some lead sacks to add on. You'll also need a replacement front bag that fits the fatty AR hand guard. The one that comes with it is quite narrow. The replacements come in both filled and unfilled varieties.
  • 8 months later...