M&P 9mm

DWARREN123

Picked up a new one on the 10th of this month. Already put about 650 rounds (reloads) thru it with no problems what so ever.

Grip feels good, no finger grooves. I thought the large grip insert would be best but turned out I am more on target with the small grip insert. Seems to be a reliable, accurate pistol, feels good.

I am thinking of one in 45acp.

• Like 2

yeah... I got a M&P 9 Pro a few weeks ago.  Its fantastic.  I also use the small grip, it fits my hand perfectly.  I put some TruGlo sights on it... yellow dots in the rear with green in the front.  Great sights.  I've also been thinking of looking at a 45... but they don't make a 5 inch barrel one, which I prefer.  Thats the main reason I got the Pro, just for the 5 inch barrel.

I got some Crossbreed SuperSlide and dual mag holder for it... its all so great I'm thinking of selling several of my other guns, not sure I need them anymore.

Congrats! I'm an M&P fanboy, too. :-) I hope it gives you a lifetime of great service.

Like you, I thought the large grip would fit me best. I ended up with the medium on my 5" Pro as well as my compact model, and the small on my regular full size gun. Wifey shoots that one a lot and likes the smallest size best.

[quote name="tercel89" post="1337041" timestamp="1450639683"]

This is about 3 weeks old and I've been shooting my own loads through it and so far its great . It has fed all kinds of stuff through it and still cycles great .
mampp_zpsynp2ihmc.jpg[/quote

I have the exact reverse color scheme of your m&p and I love it . Super reliable and super accurate.

• Like 1

[quote name="tercel89" post="1337041" timestamp="1450639683"]

This is about 3 weeks old and I've been shooting my own loads through it and so far its great . It has fed all kinds of stuff through it and still cycles great .
mampp_zpsynp2ihmc.jpg[/quote

I have the exact reverse color scheme of your m&p and I love it . Super reliable and super accurate.

I got this thing or quirk , when I get an M&P , I always get a tan colored grip for it . It shoots great and the trigger reset is VERY good compared to the older ones !

Edited by tercel89

I have the small grip backstrap on my 45C too.

As far as being a M&P Fanboy, I like it, but it's not my favorite pistol,  I would like more aggressive grip checker on mine.  Seems to move a lot in my hand.  Also the space between the grip and the magazine base plate tends to pinch my pinky.  Doesn't really hurt, but it is annoying.  The trigger could be a lot better too.  So far it has the worst trigger of any of my pistols.  Functions flawlessly though.

Edited by Moped

I have the small grip backstrap on my 45C too.

As far as being a M&P Fanboy, I like it, but it's not my favorite pistol,  I would like more aggressive grip checker on mine.  Seems to move a lot in my hand.  Also the space between the grip and the magazine base plate tends to pinch my pinky.  Doesn't really hurt, but it is annoying.  The trigger could be a lot better too.  So far it has the worst trigger of any of my pistols.  Functions flawlessly though.

Moped,

You may try some of the talon grips.  They are a thin wrap around.  I use one on my Shield. In case you weren't aware, S&W made a change to their triggers on the M&P striker fired guns.  I wonder if you have one of the older ones.  I am funny about triggers and find the trigger on my M&P9 and Shield are great for striker fired.

The one thing you shared that is somewhat of a concern is the grip is not long enough to accomodate your hand. 

In my mind, there are too many quality striker fired pistols to use one that doesn't fit me properly.  Especially for my defense gun.

I had a VP9 and loved it - loved it more than the M&P.  However, I'm left handed and the slide release for left hand folks is too long.  My grip interferes with the slide release which causes it to stay open after the last shot.

I have a friend who is left handed.  We joke that H&K must not have any left handed folks in their R&D department as he has the same issue with it that I do.

The one thing you shared that is somewhat of a concern is the grip is not long enough to accomodate your hand. 

In my mind, there are too many quality striker fired pistols to use one that doesn't fit me properly.  Especially for my defense gun.

I had a VP9 and loved it - loved it more than the M&P.  However, I'm left handed and the slide release for left hand folks is too long.  My grip interferes with the slide release which causes it to stay open after the last shot.

Actually, I picked up a FNH FNS9 that is now my favorite pistol.  And I won an auction on a brand new CZ75B from a local LGS on Facebook Friday. Got it for $430+ tax and BGC.  It's going into lay-a-way until I can get it out. The 45C might go in order to pay that off.  Haven't decided yet.  Oh the choices we are forced to make. :)

Edited by Moped

Actually, I picked up a FNH FNS9 that is now my favorite pistol. And I won an auction on a brand new CZ75B from a local LGS on Facebook Friday. Got it for $430+ tax and BGC. It's going into lay-a-way until I can get it out. The 45C might go in order to pay that off. Haven't decided yet. Oh the choices we are forced to make. :)

I passed on an FNS9 today and shouldn't have. Had night sights that I didn't care for but just couldn't take out my wallet. Had the money just couldn't say "I'll take it".

I passed on an FNS9 today and shouldn't have. Had night sights that I didn't care for but just couldn't take out my wallet. Had the money just couldn't say "I'll take it".

I really like this one! Fits my paws perfectly and has a real nice trigger. It is also ambidextrous. Has a mag release and safety lever on each side. Comes with two backstraps and 3... count'em 3 17 round mags! Length is about the same as a Glock 19 and height wise, its more like a 17.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

See if you can bum a backstrap from a Pro model off somebody. They have a much more aggressive stipple on them. I've already given away my spares, sorry. :-(

And I'm thankful for that! 

Now dip that M&P in Apex goodness and fall in love all over again!

• Like 2