NBA Joining In On Gun Control

http://bearingarms.com/nba-vows-marginalize-pro-basketball-pushing-gun-control-fans/

Looks like the NBA is joining the Bloomberg "Everytown" movement to fight against ownership of firearms. I certainly think that they, and America in general, would be better served if they just focused on ending gang violence. That's something I think they could do effectively, and not alienate a large percent of their fan base. I am not a fan of basketball, but this would definitely turn me off if I were.

This quote from Bloomberg makes absolutely no sense:

“You’ve got to get the guns out of the hands of the people getting killed,” he continued. “First thing you can do to help that group is to keep them alive.”

Yeah, keeping the guns away from people that are getting killed will keep them safe. How about keeping the guns away from the people doing the killing! Seems to me that would be a better way of keeping victims safe.

• Like 1

I watch zero sports-it interests me not.I however do not deny anyone else from watching or participating in sports.Therefore why do they feel its needed for them to want to deny me my sports interests.I think the pro sports is just a large paycheck for a lot of people that could do nothing else for a living.IMHO they need to keep their noses out of the political arena and stay in their own court.Also fact be known they tend to make a lot of money and therefore can afford their own paid bodyguards.I would like to see them give up their rights to hire said guard and just wing it like the rest of us.Maybe we should abolish the NBA-NFL-PGA-AFL and the rest of the alphabet teams.Seems fair to me.

There are over 20,000 members of TGO; all of them I assume to be gun owners. I don't know how many players there are in the NBA, but I'm sure it's considerably less. NBA players have shot more people than members of TGO. The NBA can pull their lip over their head and swallow.
  • Like 11

Bloomberg's group has to resort to trying to get sorts celebrities and Tinsel Town Hollywood celebrities to promote his agenda because he cannot get enough of the general public to support his agenda. Every time one of these celebrities supports him they don't realize they lose 1000's of fans. Every time I hear of one either in sports or Hollywood support his policy I boycott that person from that point on ..........jmho

• Like 1

There are over 20,000 members of TGO; all of them I assume to be gun owners. I don't know how many players there are in the NBA, but I'm sure it's considerably less. NBA players have shot more people than members of TGO. The NBA can pull their lip over their head and swallow.

:up:
  • Like 1

Who cares what these "tree top" nubians think about anything... I don't like 'em on principal and i dont watch em... The hell with them...

I dont take advice on serious issues from unserious people... Neither should you...

leroy

You won't hear the NBA and idiotberg mention that some of their players carry illegally and still hang out with their gang banger buddies.