Silence Is Golden!

Cartel

First and foremost, Merry Christmas!

After months of passively searching, I purchased a factory FDE SilencerCo Osprey 45 suppressor for my FN FNX 45 Tactical in FDE. I purchased the suppressor via GunBroker from BMC Tactical/Warrior Steel. After remitting my payment 45 days ago, my suppressor arrived at my preferred LGS, the Nashville Armory. The wait time officially begins as my paperwork has been submitted!

3F344A1C-6B89-4D9E-9864-A66430AFB38F_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 13
All jokes aside, I think you picked a great suppressor, and although I personally am not an FN fan...that is a very good looking combo.

My only wait was on a 22 can several years ago. I think it ran the full 9 months I was told to expect back then. Thankfully the waiting time seems to be much shorter now.
  • Like 1

I love my FN 45. Mine's not a tactical model though. You will not regret this. Now if you can just find a good ankle holster.

My only regret is that I did not finalize the build sooner!

Those are some rockin boots!

Nice setup, from the FDE pistol to the light, RMR, and suppressor, looking good!

Thank you, sir!

Your gun lives up to your screen name

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Yeah, I don't know which is flashier...the pistol combo or your boots! lol

Just kidding. I know. It's the boots!

Without question, my friend! 

How much of a shadow is the suppressor casting with the hang over the light like that?

The shadowing indoors is minimal. It helps having raised suppressor sights + reflex sight to boot!

All jokes aside, I think you picked a great suppressor, and although I personally am not an FN fan...that is a very good looking combo.

My only wait was on a 22 can several years ago. I think it ran the full 9 months I was told to expect back then. Thankfully the waiting time seems to be much shorter now.

For the FN FNX 45 Tactical, the Osprey was a absolute must. Plus, SilencerCo stopped selling the factory coated FDE Osprey cans for a bit. Once they became available, it was a no brainer for me. It is my first of many suppressors! Up next will be a 22 can + 9mm can for my Glock 17/19's. Thank you for the kind remarks, my friend!

I can't see anything past the amazing boots. What can? What gun? All I see is S-t-y-l-e!!!

Thank you for the solid laugh, my friend! 

I am jealous. I have a black FNX .45 with and RMR that is waiting for that same attachment!. :up:

It is a timely process but the end result is worth the wait, my friend! Be sure to update us when you have completed your build out!

I spent the past 7 days in Jackson Hole, Wyoming + had the pleasure of exploring the Grand Teton National Park with my newly engaged fiancee. We spent the greater majority of our time exploring the Grand Teton National Park, the National Elk Refuge, snowboarding at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, + most importantly, eating! 

Mormon Row Historic District x Grand Teton National Park x Grand Tetons x Jackson Hole, Wyoming

8A04E719-0083-4E0E-9994-084932D004C5_zps

83E2D7FD-C1CC-4D74-A6CE-0CC47E9C7EE7_zps

• Like 7

I spent the past 7 days in Jackson Hole, Wyoming + had the pleasure of exploring the Grand Teton National Park with my newly engaged fiancee. We spent the greater majority of our time exploring the Grand Teton National Park, the National Elk Refuge, snowboarding at the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, + most importantly, eating! 

Mormon Row Historic District x Grand Teton National Park x Grand Tetons x Jackson Hole, Wyoming

8A04E719-0083-4E0E-9994-084932D004C5_zps
83E2D7FD-C1CC-4D74-A6CE-0CC47E9C7EE7_zps

A few years back, a few friends and myself climbed the Grand Tetons. Miss that place so much. By the way, awesome pics.
  • Like 1

Really, those are great looking boots. I grew up in a family that had both parents working in the shoe industry...Acme and Texas Boot companys.

So have an appreciation for boots. I just can't wear them anymore...too many injuries to my right foot. I just can't bend my ankle and instep enough to get thru the throat of the boot.

And...those are some great pictures! Especially the first one, which is my favorite.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
  • 7 months later...

The wait is officially over, my friends! 

6C905ECF-3285-435B-9806-99B36A10B69F_zps

96639F73-1B31-46DD-994E-2477595E4D1F_zps 

I was at the Nashville Armory this afternoon filling out my Form 1 paperwork to SBR my Draco AK. Lo and behold, my tax stamp arrived while I was completing my paperwork. My suppressor was in jail for 197 days, but I am thankful that I had the opportunity to put it through its paces while it sat in transfer.  This is my first tax stamp + I will have several more trickling in until the following January. My nightstand gun is officially complete!

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 4
  • 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Cartel said:

Sedona, AZ

8B88E412-9FBE-496E-8471-C7AE1A84BBF0_zps

Love the gun combo. But I had such a great time in Sedona some years back. The views are tremendous!

Probably not where this shot was taken, but it reminds me of the view from Submarine Rock looking out over the valley and into the hills.

Ok, off on a memory kick. If any of you guys are ever there, take the back roads off 89 and see the areas leading out of Sedona. It's a great drive in a ragtop, but I bet it would be awesome on a bike!

• Like 2
On 10/5/2016 at 0:48 PM, hipower said:

Love the gun combo. But I had such a great time in Sedona some years back. The views are tremendous!

Probably not where this shot was taken, but it reminds me of the view from Submarine Rock looking out over the valley and into the hills.

Ok, off on a memory kick. If any of you guys are ever there, take the back roads off 89 and see the areas leading out of Sedona. It's a great drive in a ragtop, but I bet it would be awesome on a bike!

Thank you!

That particular photograph was taken at the summit of the Bell Rock looking out towards Sedona.

My fiancee and I had the pleasure of traveling up and down Arizona State Route 89A during our trip last week. We spent the last 7 days in Sedona, Monument Valley, + the Grand Canyon. On our second to last day, we traveled from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to Page to view Horseshoe Bend + the Upper Antelope Canyon.

Enchantment Resort - Sedona, AZ

A7D6556D-7B92-43E6-8B25-B7AD1D6198F7_zps

DC089CC9-C12B-45CF-BC4D-1D200669496A_zps

Devil's Bridge - Sedona, AZ

BF3337C7-0FDF-44E6-98DF-19476EDEDFB2_zps

Bell Rock - Sedona, AZ

592E0B5F-ED03-4E96-898D-FE1D7094CBF0_zps

Courthouse Butte - Sedona, AZ

BDE33B95-FAEC-4A86-AC39-9AF67A18D11F_zps

The View Hotel - Monument Valley, AZ

7479DDB6-2148-4AB0-8CC8-79B9D4C59E01_zps

C9FE3E40-008C-4A27-9110-25B372CE0365_zps

50515107-888E-4610-BA53-5186A0942A0D_zps

01CEF892-3626-409F-BF6C-63A34EA356F1_zps

B1B85AB3-EE75-41CB-A2B6-3B2FCDDBF4E7_zps

Bright Angel Lodge - South Rim - Grand Canyon

44DB94D4-E2B5-4EBE-868A-12E0A294B416_zps

Upper Antelope Canyon - Page, AZ

AE98F6BF-C0A3-4CDC-B4A7-10666C69FAAD_zps

Edited by Cartel
  • Like 3
  • Administrator

Fantastic photos and thumbs up for taking some heat along with you. :)

My wife and I visited Sedona a few years ago and we really need to go back.  For exactly the reasons you showed in your pictures.  There is just nothing to compare to it anywhere else.

Wow, excellent photos! Our family has spent a fair amount of time in northern Arizona & southern Utah and have enjoyed it every time.

My wife used to attend conferences at the Enchantment every fall and I would tag along.  What a beautiful place to have a very fancy resort.

I'll echo what everyone else has said, if you ever get the chance to drive from Sedona to Flagstaff up Oak Creek Canyon on Hwy 89A - do it.

What did you have to do to be able to take the AR into Monument valley?

• 2 weeks later...