Navy SEALs switching to Glock 19?

bowtieguy

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:03 PM

Glocks being made in America is like Japanese cars being made in America.I'll bet the total man hours in American factory's is way less then the man hours spent in Japan on that so called American made car. The steel that used to be made in Northern Ohio is now made,,,, guess where? The cars that used to be made in Detroit are being made a lot farther South. One of the 5 major industries that kept Cincinnati Ohio alive [ GM Norwood ] is now in Mexico. D building at GE in Cincinnati used to be main production for all the jet engines that GE built. Now it's a warehouse. Somewhere in here I'm trying to make a point. America should be for Americans. Our export is nowhere near what it was when we had a dollar to spend. Import tax that the US is charging is nothing compared what to other countries are charging. So their products are cheaper for us to buy leaving our workers out on the street. Is it wrong? Damned right it is. But not if you believe in one world order and one world government.

I could go on with this rant but my blood pressure will go through the roof.

So you said all of that to say that we should buy M&P over Glock? You might want to get on some blood pressure meds because I highly doubt any of our armed forces will be choosing M&P's (or any weapon for that matter) simply because they're American made.

I'm not saying I disagree with you about buying American made vs. foreign, but when it comes to protecting me and my family I'm going to buy and use the best tool for the job. I don't care if it's made on the moon.

Edited by KKing, 27 December 2015 - 09:08 PM.

OK, let me shouted it up a bit

• Glock triggers are like a window fan. One way it sucks, and the other way it blows.
  • American made products are just as good, if not better
  • Blood pressure is just fine now. Been on meds for that for a couple of years. But thanks for the concern anyway.
  • Like 1

Some years ago i traded a nice Kimber Classic Custom in and got a Glock 21SF, some might think I was crazy for doing that, with that kimber I was more accurate with that and it's nice single action trigger pull, I was getting nice groups at 25 yards all in and around center. I would shoot a mag and about after mostly 6 rounds it would miss feed,(not chamber fully). I had a Mec-Gar mag, a Chip McCormic Shooting Star mag along with the two Kimber factory mags so quality mags were not the problem, it happened with all of them. Polished the feed ramp to a mirror, changed the 16lb. spring to 18lb., nothing I did fixed the miss feeds, shot probably over 1000 rounds through it also, AND I DON'T F-ING LIMP WRIST EITHER. 

Well I got this ugly plastic Glock 21 with a plastic recoil spring rod with two plastic 13 round factory mags, trigger not nearly as nice as a single action trigger but you get used to it, big fat grip and groups at least in a kill zone. I don't name my guns but if I did I would call my G-21 BUBB for Big Ugly Black Brick. But, every time I have pulled the trigger for 2000++ rounds it went bang, even when a few hundred rounds already had been shot and it was dry and full of carbon from nasty/dirty old Winchester White Box ammo it kept going bang every trigger pull. Never, not once has it malfunctioned and i like that most of all.

• Like 3

Glocks being made in America is like Japanese cars being made in America.I'll bet the total man hours in American factory's is way less then the man hours spent in Japan on that so called American made car. The steel that used to be made in Northern Ohio is now made,,,, guess where? The cars that used to be made in Detroit are being made a lot farther South. One of the 5 major industries that kept Cincinnati Ohio alive [ GM Norwood ] is now in Mexico. D building at GE in Cincinnati used to be main production for all the jet engines that GE built. Now it's a warehouse. Somewhere in here I'm trying to make a point. America should be for Americans. Our export is nowhere near what it was when we had a dollar to spend. Import tax that the US is charging is nothing compared what to other countries are charging. So their products are cheaper for us to buy leaving our workers out on the street. Is it wrong? Damned right it is. But not if you believe in one world order and one world government.

I could go on with this rant but my blood pressure will go through the roof.

Posted 27 December 2015 - 09:03 PM
OK, let me shouted it up a bit

• Glock triggers are like a window fan. One way it sucks, and the other way it blows.
  • American made products are just as good, if not better
  • Blood pressure is just fine now. Been on meds for that for a couple of years. But thanks for the concern anyway.

Amen.
We (Americans) did this, and we (Americans) will have to get us out of it. There are those of us that are heavy lifters that will carry our share and take care of our responsibilities to our kids and grandkids, and those who are more than willing to leave that to someone else if it saves them a buck.
  • Like 1

Some years ago i traded a nice Kimber Classic Custom in and got a Glock 21SF, some might think I was crazy for doing that, with that kimber I was more accurate with that and it's nice single action trigger pull, I was getting nice groups at 25 yards all in and around center. I would shoot a mag and about after mostly 6 rounds it would miss feed,(not chamber fully). I had a Mec-Gar mag, a Chip McCormic Shooting Star mag along with the two Kimber factory mags so quality mags were not the problem, it happened with all of them. Polished the feed ramp to a mirror, changed the 16lb. spring to 18lb., nothing I did fixed the miss feeds, shot probably over 1000 rounds through it also, AND I DON'T F-ING LIMP WRIST EITHER. 
Well I got this ugly plastic Glock 21 with a plastic recoil spring rod with two plastic 13 round factory mags, trigger not nearly as nice as a single action trigger but you get used to it, big fat grip and groups at least in a kill zone. I don't name my guns but if I did I would call my G-21 BUBB for Big Ugly Black Brick. But, every time I have pulled the trigger for 2000++ rounds it went bang, even when a few hundred rounds already had been shot and it was dry and full of carbon from nasty/dirty old Winchester White Box ammo it kept going bang every trigger pull. Never, not once has it malfunctioned and i like that most of all.

It's sad that the 1911 is produced by so many companies and poorly at that! Just because it was expensive doesn't make it the best or make it right.

The 1911 can be 100% reliable I have 2 series 80 Colts and a Frankenstein gun that are. The design has weaknesses but they can be dealt with. It's a complete shame that the basic gun has had its reputation tarnished like this. Shame on Kimber for not doing the right thing and delivering what you paid for. It's not the fault of John Browning or his design that the skill and craftsmanship needed to produce his design (or other designs) have been lost.

Glock and others have earned their reputation by supplying consistently high quality products. They deserve that reputation.

If we as Americans want that level of quality then demand it! I don't know Kimbers reputation for product support, but it's a shame they weren't made to fix your weapon. I'm sure you paid enough for it to demand satisfaction.

Glock and others have figured out how to get loyalty from customers. What are American companies doing to earn that same loyalty?

Rant off......

I'll bite.  I have been to both armorers schools - Glock and M&P.  I have owned many of each including modded range toys.  I couldn't count or justify how much $$ I have spent on aftermarket for each.  I used to to earn a paycheck carrying one.

Tell me to go to the grocery store:  I carry a Keltec .32.

Tell me to reach in the house for defensive gun I reach first for Keltec .32 - on me, 12 gauge pump shotgun  and then Glock 9mm.

Tell me to drive to Memphis I carry a G19 and Keltec 32.

Tell me to go to the range and have fun: I carry a Springfield Loaded 1911 with Nelson Custom conversion and several 10/22s. 

If Glock did not exist I would carry M&P in place of Glock even though I have owned quite a few Sigs, FNs, Berettas and others.

If someone told me that I had to make 25 yrd head shots reliably under difficult conditions with a handgun I would want a Sig SAO in .45 or maybe 9mm, having owned both.

Kill a raccoon or opossum or other 45lb or less varmint out back:  1947 single shot Savage 3d with subsonic .22 mated to red lens flashlight.  

Even though I like revolvers note I never mentioned revolvers till this point.

oh snap!  Did I mention Kimber?  Hell no!  Here is my order of merit within my budget for .45 1911s: Rock Island/Armscor, Springfield - Full stop, unless you are a range only competitor or just like spending money for diminishing returns in play guns. 

Edited by graycrait

It's sad that the 1911 is produced by so many companies and poorly at that! Just because it was expensive doesn't make it the best or make it right.

The 1911 can be 100% reliable I have 2 series 80 Colts and a Frankenstein gun that are. The design has weaknesses but they can be dealt with. It's a complete shame that the basic gun has had its reputation tarnished like this. Shame on Kimber for not doing the right thing and delivering what you paid for. It's not the fault of John Browning or his design that the skill and craftsmanship needed to produce his design (or other designs) have been lost.

Glock and others have earned their reputation by supplying consistently high quality products. They deserve that reputation.

If we as Americans want that level of quality then demand it! I don't know Kimbers reputation for product support, but it's a shame they weren't made to fix your weapon. I'm sure you paid enough for it to demand satisfaction.

Glock and others have figured out how to get loyalty from customers. What are American companies doing to earn that same loyalty?

Rant off......

It's not that I didn't like the Kimber, back then they just came out and I got mine for $700+ which wasn't bad for a 1911 even then, I wanted the iconic 1911 and I bought one although it wasn't dads ol Colt G.I. 1911. in WW2. Well, he never real carried one, he always carried the Garand. Anyway, I had thought about it for a long time and came to a decision that i'm carrying a handgun to protect my life if need be and wanted to carry something that was reliable first and for most. Nothing is 100%, I even had a Colt Magnum Carry .357 snubby that the cylinder locked up occasionally, I had to release the cylinder and close it to unlock it, never found out why because I traded it, notifying the buyer of the problem but it was a dealer who could fix it. Anyway, even revolvers aren't 100%.

I do want a handgun with the best reputation and from all I read Glock was it, I don't have much experience with a lot of other handguns, the Makorov I had, gave to my brother after his guns were stolen never malfunctioned on me but I really didn't like the safety/decocker, D.A. first shot, S.A. all other shots, too much going on I guess, I just want to draw and shoot, don't like thumb safeties anymore since carrying a Glock. I haven't tried any M&P's, been wanting to try some of the new Rugers, I hear some are excited about the Ruger American. As far as I know there may be handguns out there as good or better in a lot of ways, I just know my Glock and trust it.

For defensive use you and only you can decide what is best. You have to believe in the weapon completely. I love my 1911 and have carried the Commander in my avatar for years, I have switched to the Sign P220 equinox. It has better sights, and honestly for me it is simply new. The colt is 20 years old!

My point is that buy what you can afford and believe in. I'm not a fan boy of any brand. I like what works and it irritates me that with weapons like so many things American companies can't get it right it's easier to take shortcuts and sell subpar products.

Current 1911'state are crappy not because of the design but because of crappy manufacturing!
  • Like 1

.....Current 1911'state are crappy not because of the design but because of crappy manufacturing!

The 1911 pistols I have are 100% reliable.  Wilson Combat, Dan Wesson, Ruger, Colt and Springfield Armory make quality 1911s. 

• Like 2