Gone baby gone...

Well our family has suffered a loss of one of our fur babies. My husky, the one I started the fur friends thread about, has gone missing and been missing since the Thursday before last. We have posted numerous flyers around the area she went missing from, which was my parents in Rock Island. My dad let her out to go potty and chased after something in the woods, which was the last time we saw her. We have made and shared numerous facebook posts, monitored Craigslist(and posted there as well) and on GoLSN as well but to no avail. Called animal shelters in the surrounding area but no one has brought one in. I really hope she is okay or at least in good hands as it is heart breaking that I have no closure in knowing what has happened to my pooch... If you guys hear ANYTHING about a missing husky or one someone that is trying to sell that looks like her, PLEASE, let me know.

12301642_10205266141874796_4659105318110

12342760_1269219943105051_70089668646114

12341251_1269219989771713_11087162632374

Edited by whitewolf001

Well our family has suffered a loss of one of our fur babies. My husky, the one I started the fur friends thread about, has gone missing and been missing since the Thursday before last. We have posted numerous flyers around the area she went missing from, which was my parents in Rock Island. My dad let her out to go potty and chased after something in the woods, which was the last time we saw her. We have made and shared numerous facebook posts, monitored Craigslist(and posted there as well) and on GoLSN as well but to no avail. Called animal shelters in the surrounding area but no one has brought one in. I really hope she is okay or at least in good hands as it is heart breaking that I have no closure in knowing what has happened to my pooch... If you guys hear ANYTHING about a missing husky or one someone that is trying to sell that looks like her, PLEASE, let me know.

12301642_10205266141874796_4659105318110

12342760_1269219943105051_70089668646114

12341251_1269219989771713_11087162632374

I'm so sorry to read this, I hope you find her soon Ty!
  • Like 1
Damn bro sorry to hear it. Second bit of crappy pet news I've heard over the holiday so far but at least you have the chance still at a happy ending for yours.

Really hope your pooch makes its way home to you, or at least you find her in a shelter or Samaritans house or something.

Yes buddy. I pray he wanders back in or someone finds him for you. Like TrickyNicky said, this seems to be a bad season for we animal lovers. A neighbor of ours just lost one to kidney disease, and we've been consoling him.

But have a fondness for the Huskys myself. I think we've spoken about it before. Hope your buddy comes back to you.

Come over for some bourbon. We found a Great Pyrenees wandering today, we're calling him George for now. You can pet him and get drunk with Monkey. George is an attention whore. I picked up some good stuff on my last trip to the KLS!

Or tomorrow you can go with Monkey to Star Wars, my treat as log as I DON'T have to go.

Thank you all very much, you don't know how much it means to hear your kind words. I'm tearing up as I type this because I just want to know that she's alright. It's just eating me up... Thanks again all.

Sorry to hear that she is missing.   Does she have on a collar with your contact info?   What about a microchip?   If so, hopefully someone will find her soon and make the proper contact.

Come over for some bourbon. We found a Great Pyrenees wandering today, we're calling him George for now. You can pet him and get drunk with Monkey. George is an attention whore. I picked up some good stuff on my last trip to the KLS!

Or tomorrow you can go with Monkey to Star Wars, my treat as log as I DON'T have to go.

I'd love to meet him. I'm actually going tomorrow at 3:40 tomorrow with the gal I'm talking to.

Sorry to hear that she is missing.   Does she have on a collar with your contact info?   What about a microchip?   If so, hopefully someone will find her soon and make the proper contact.

She is not chipped, and our address is on the tag but as well know, those tags can wear out so fast it's ridiculous, pending tag of course. I do too, I'm going to make another round of calls to the same shelters again, see if I have any luck.

My stupid husky loves slipping his collar and burrowing out. He is the dumbest dog in the world but he is a damn escape artist.

He leaves for 6 day stretches and Ill find him sleeping on the porch or the bed of my truck. They come home unless some turds or Chinese Food store finds him first.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I hope your Husky is found and returned safely to you, losing a favorite dog without knowing where or how they are is painful. After discussions with the vet my dogs were chipped and tattooed which was a good step towards a future recovery. I learned that anything hooked, sewn or riveted to a dogs collar would find a way to disappear. Your dogs breed is a popular one and your dog looks good so chances are someone's found her and is taking care of her. Only time will tell at this point so you'll just have to wait and see.

I really hope your dog shows up soon.

Here's a tip for everyone. 

We traveled a lot in an RV with our dogs and cats. They were all microchipped, but I also printed up one of those dog tags at WalMart with my name, dog's name, city, state, and my cell phone number on it. I put it on the collar instead of the rabies tag. People who don't want to get involved won't go through the hassle of tracking down someone by a rabies tag, but they'll be a lot more likely to call a number on the dog tag. I think the next time I make one, I'll add the word REWARD! on the tag. It couldn't hurt.

It really paid dividends when I let the dogs out and inside of waiting to put on their leases, they took off like a shot after a deer. The little one got lost and wound up about a mile away at stranger's house, who called me right away. Her picture is my avatar.

I hope your dog shows up soon!!!

• Like 1
I had a chihuahua take off while I was on vacation. She didn't like the dog sitter but I flew home and looked for her. She came to the door at 4 am after bein gone for a day. Don't give up put food and water by the door and check local animal shelter and lost and found pet page on Facebook. Hopefully she'll be back soon!!
  • Like 1

It sounds weird but it works.....place a pair of your dirty socks at the boundaries of your land....get your scent into the wind....if she is within a mile the scent will lead her home...it worked for a wayward Boxer of mine....don't give up!

This works for sure. Back when I was growing up I had Beagle hounds and so did a buddy of mine. If it got dark and one of our dogs was out of hearing distance of our whistles if it was his dog he would take off his teen shirt and hang it  near a tree base and every time we went back the next morning the dog would be laying on the shirt or very close by and would come running to us. We use that trick for years and to this day he still hunts with beagles and he has still had to use that trick a few times.................... :up: