Obama in January!!!!

This is the only objective he's after with any EO on guns.  He knows that he can't get more without Congress making changes to existing laws in the USC or CFR, but he needs to get the anti-gun groups happy enough to write checks for Democratic candidates (or run ads against Republican candidates) in the 2016 election cycle. 

I doubt anything with real enforceable consequences that impede gun ownership or sale will come from this.

I agree 100%. I just wish he would STFU until I get these next two rifles built. :)

• Like 3

I'll be selling a gun in February.  I will be selling it for more than what I paid for it, which means I will be making a profit.  If Congress wants to pass such a law preventing that, let them.  I'll follow that law, though I may disagree with it, and follow up at the ballot box to undo such a law.  If the POTUS issues an executive order which makes something illegal which was previously legal, I will go out of my way to defy that order.

• Like 1
As I see it, he can tell the Feds to ignore a law as he has done many times (e.g Marijuana), but he can't redefine the law. I don't care what he says. I will continue buying and selling guns just as I already do. I will live by the laws, not his made up laws. Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

To be able to track this wouldn't you have to a way, like requiring all guns to be registered or back ground checks on all transfers?

I do believe so. With a logical application of thought and history of lawlessness out of this admin, I would bet actual money that they already have one going. After all, how would we know? We can't assume the law is being followed, well, we could I guess but that would only empower them to stay the course.

Either way, I believe the intent of mandatory ffl transfer is to track ownership, that is all.

Edit: a database Edited by Ugly

The State of the Union is scheduled for January 12th.  I'd expect anything to come out a day or two before and referenced in the address, or announced first in the SOTU then implemented after.  Either way, I don't see much that is possible via EO.  Maybe more "calls to action" directed at Congress, or a White House Task Force to find new recommendations, or something else that has no real power beyond the initial press release.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tackle-unfinished-business-gun-violence-2016-143148573.html

In his New Year's address, the president said measures to be discussed with Lynch will focus on "keeping an irresponsible, dangerous few from inflicting harm on a massive scale."

Oh good.... they're gonna focus on ISIS. :rolleyes:

tens of thousands of our fellow Americans have been mowed down by gun violence. Tens of thousands," Obama said.

Mowed down?  People are still walking around with machine guns? :squint:

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-tackle-unfinished-business-gun-violence-2016-143148573.html
Oh good.... they're gonna focus on ISIS. :rolleyes:
Mowed down? People are still walking around with machine guns? :squint:

They are getting mowed down in Chicago but don't forget Baltimore, St. Louis, and Detroit. Below is data on Chicago's murders and shootings.
2eca611e66edb1496c30f1925d409ab2.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OK having guns is guaranteed by the constitution but you need a background check yet that damn disgrace did not show his birth cert until he could have a fake one made?

Only in America do they have to know who you are to buy a gun but not if you break into the country.

When is the next fort sumter already.

I do believe so. With a logical application of thought and history of lawlessness out of this admin, I would bet actual money that they already have one going. After all, how would we know? We can't assume the law is being followed, well, we could I guess but that would only empower them to stay the course.

Either way, I believe the intent of mandatory ffl transfer is to track ownership, that is all.

Edit: a database

You believe there actually isn't one already? I, for one, DO NOT believe the horse pucky that all data is destroyed after the TICS is done.

I personally don't give a blank, fill in the blank with your favorite curse word, what Hussein says or does!! I lost all my firearms in a boating accident years ago and I can't afford to buy anymore. I just get on here to be around folks who still own those evil killing machines, that used to be known as guns!!

Just making some things for Facebook when the time comes, might get de-friended by a couple of people. 

How about this one? Ought to make a liberal mad.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Obama%20Dictator_zpsuynpbtkx.jpg.html]Obama%20Dictator_zpsuynpbtkx.jpg[/URL]

• Like 2

You believe there actually isn't one already? I, for one, DO NOT believe the horse pucky that all data is destroyed after the TICS is done.

Of course I do. At this point I'm sure that not only this list exists but also everything that can be tracked on a person would be listed as well. Such as all electronic media, online purchases, club memberships and so on.

Of course I do. At this point I'm sure that not only this list exists but also everything that can be tracked on a person would be listed as well. Such as all electronic media, online purchases, club memberships and so on.

That's going to be a long list. I personally know a lot of law enforcement and military that would be on such a list.
  • Like 1