Tv Shows

none

For those with out cable and direc Tv. What are you watching? We just finished the last episode of Lost and would appreciate a few recomendations. Seems like there are not that many shows out there that really keep you wondering or ones with in depth characters. Edited by wcd
Ah, Lost. That show felt like a major waste of time once I finished it. It was a good show though.

What else have you watched? I know these are on Netflix:
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men
House of Cards (I haven't been able to watch this yet, still on my list but have heard great things).
You may like the Leftovers. That show just finished the second season and it started taking on the style that Lost was shot in, going between characters in the same situation, but on different time lines leading to the same point. It's pretty interesting the way they shot it.

Network tv:  Supernatural, The 100, Heroes Reborn, Agents of Shield, The Flash

Cable tv (via streaming services):  The Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones.  I've watched both seasons of The Leftovers; I'm intrigued but confused.

My son really likes time travel, so he loves The Flash and Doctor Who, and he appreciates the time travel on Heroes Reborn. 

Not sure about in depth characters, but all of these have an overall story arc that connects things together, and the ones with time travel and alternate universes get even more in depth.  Also, I recently read a Lost wiki page, which lead me to a greater appreciation of the show than when I first saw it.  I have only seen most of the episodes once; the wiki page almost had me wanting to watch the entire show again.

Ah, Lost. That show felt like a major waste of time once I finished it. It was a good show though.
What else have you watched? I know these are on Netflix:
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
Dexter
Sons of Anarchy
Mad Men
House of Cards (I haven't been able to watch this yet, still on my list but have heard great things).

We have watched Jericho. Haven't watched Breaking Bad or the others. Our son is 11 so we try to keep an eye on content.
thanks

I wished Jericho had survived longer, and the same with Revolution.  I just realized that both shows featured an independent Republic of Texas in direct opposition to the US government that rose from the ashes of a recent cataclysm.   Makes sense that Texas would be one of the few states with land and natural resources to continue functioning as a country.   In both cases, the remnants of the established government (i.e., our current government in Washington) become the bad guys on both shows.  

Edited by dawgdoc
  • Moderators
Definite to watch:

Fringe
Prison Break
White Collar

Those three are all probably equal to Lost but with good endings.

For more comedic relief, Psych was fun. Once Upon a Time started well but I am so eager to get over with. More recently Last Man on Earth is decent but not genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM

Definite to watch:
Fringe
Prison Break
White Collar

Those three are all probably equal to Lost but with good endings.

For more comedic relief, Psych was fun. Once Upon a Time started well but I am so eager to get over with. More recently Last Man on Earth is decent but not genius.

I cannot agree with this ENOUGH. Fringe was AMAZING. John Noble is also good in Sleepy Hollow and Elementary.

We tried Breaking Bad but after 4 episodes, we both agreed it just wasn't working for us. The same thing happened with OITNB. The Walking Dead is for sure up there for me, although I haven't started season 6 yet. We use Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and the CBS ap because we need NCIS and The Good Wife. Limitless has really grown on me too, smart funny and well written. 

Oh, and you can get The Blacklist through the NBC ap if you have a friend with a cable account who will make you an email address to verify you're a cable member. But I wouldn't do that.......  :squint: One thing I would suggest for Netflix is to get into the BBC version of Sherlock. Longer Episodes and less of them but they are EXCELLENT.

• Like 1
House
Fringe
The Walking Dead
Criminal Minds
Sons of Anarchy
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
Game of Thrones
The Wire
South Park
Law and Order SVU
Generation Kill

All on Hulu, VuDu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and HBO Go

My top pics would be House, Fringe and The Wire.

TWD is good, SOA is more for background noise

GK has pretty funny military humor

South Park speaks for itself

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk