Tv Shows

none

Castle

NCIS - The Original show

The Walking Dead - Uneven. When it hits, it's great.

A notch down, but good.

The Flash

Blacklist

House

Not kid safe

Boston Legal

Most of the other shows mentioned, I either haven't watched or don't like. Breaking Bad is well written and extremely well acted, but I couldn't bring myself to pull for a drug dealing murderer... call me old-fashioned.  :ugh:

Edited by jgradyc

Castle
NCIS - The Original show
The Walking Dead - Uneven. When it hits, it's great.

A notch down, but good.
The Flash
Blacklist
House

Not kid safe
Boston Legal

Most of the other shows mentioned, I either haven't watched or don't like. Breaking Bad is well written and extremely well acted, but I couldn't bring myself to pull for a drug dealing murderer... call me old-fashioned.  :ugh:

Yeah that was my issue with Breaking Bad as well. Understanding its fiction but all the same. I just can't bring myself to even try watching it.

Yeah that was my issue with Breaking Bad as well. Understanding its fiction but all the same. I just can't bring myself to even try watching it.

The show was designed intentionally to see how long it would take a viewer to realize that they find they can no longer Root for Walter White - hence the title - breaking bad....

Its an interesting show when you watch it with the idea that the main character is really an anti- hero.

I enjoy Longmire, but I am afraid that the 4th season was the last season.

Season 5 was confirmed yesterday.

Beat me to it!! Wife and I both love Longmire. I personally think it's one of the best shows in many, many years.

And if you like the show, read Craig Johnson's books. They are fantastic.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh!!! I need this in my life! Lucy Lawless to boot! I was a huge fan of Brisco County Jr., although it didn't last long. Bruce Campbell is such a bad actor, he's good. That old trailer he's in looks like the one from My Name is Bruce. Yep, I own that movie.

Best part is he is totally in on the joke

Yeah, one of my old bosses got me to watch it.  Had to stop, go back and watch season one before continuing.  Really cool show.

Who would have thought there was a Minnesota mafia? The Coen brothers make some good movies and now TV shows.

Why was Longmire going to Netflix a bad thing?

It's not, traditional channels cancel content on a whim b/c their primary focus is selling advertising, not making content. Netflix's primary goal is gaining new subscribers and keeping the ones they currently have happy. That means making great content comes first by any means necessary.

A typical TV network has limited prime hours in which to sell ads/air shows. Netflix has an infinite number of slots available at any time of day you might want to watch for shows as long as a certain number of subscribers is willing to watch at some point. They also have great data on what shows you've watched, which you completed, and what you turned off early b/c they sucked. Couple that with the fact they are writing contracts for new shows to hold on to streaming rights for years to come and you'll likely see more and more quality shows from them in upcoming years.

OP-

Wife and I loved Eureka as well as The Warehouse, and Star Wars Rebels, Clone Wars. (yes, they are cartoons, no they aren't just for kids)

• Like 2
[quote name="2.ooohhh" post="1341628" timestamp="1451692928"]It's not, traditional channels cancel content on a whim b/c their primary focus is selling advertising, not making content. Netflix's primary goal is gaining new subscribers and keeping the ones they currently have happy. That means making great content comes first by any means necessary.

A typical TV network has limited prime hours in which to sell ads/air shows. Netflix has an infinite number of slots available at any time of day you might want to watch for shows as long as a certain number of subscribers is willing to watch at some point. They also have great data on what shows you've watched, which you completed, and what you turned off early b/c they sucked. Couple that with the fact they are writing contracts for new shows to hold on to streaming rights for years to come and you'll likely see more and more quality shows from them in upcoming years.

OP-
Wife and I loved Eureka as well as The Warehouse, and Star Wars Rebels, Clone Wars. (yes, they are cartoons, no they aren't just for

kids)

We enjoyed Eureka as well. We started watching Haven. Netflix has so much on it sometimes its a challenge to sort through it.