New Ruger American line of pistols forthcoming

musicman

It's not that bad looking IMO. Certainly not the best, and the problem is that there are so many striker fired polymer pistols out there, you have to do something new, and they didn't.

If it's not competitive to street prices on M&Ps, I don't see it doing so well. And I'd pick a M&P over this anyway for the same price point.

The Smith & Wesson M&P line has dealt a significant blow to Glock; and they aren't done yet. Even Gaston would agree with that.
I hope Ruger jumps in there also. I like to see our money stay here, especially when it comes to keeping our gun manufacturers strong.

You crack me up with your constant gloating of the M&P guns. The M&P's are a cheaper copy of Austrian greatness and haven't done a damn thing to hurt Glock. Atlanta PD got rid of their M&Ps after a few short years for a reason. If what your are saying is true we would see thousands of LEO's dropping their Glocks for the M&P's and it's just not happening. The SEAL's just adopted the G19. I bet you my left testicle there isn't a single member of the military carrying an M&P. They simply are not on the same level of quality and dependability.

M&P's are good guns and I'll go so far as to say the ergonomics are better than most Glocks but they are not stealing that much market share from Glock.

I understand the desire to support domestic firearms companies but the quality isn't always there. Don't even get me started on the horrible SR series. It blows my mind that people can't see the obvious quality difference.

You crack me up with your constant gloating of the M&P guns. The M&P's are a cheaper copy of Austrian greatness and haven't done a damn thing to hurt Glock. Atlanta PD got rid of their M&Ps after a few short years for a reason. If what your are saying is true we would see thousands of LEO's dropping their Glocks for the M&P's and it's just not happening. The SEAL's just adopted the G19. I bet you my left testicle there isn't a single member of the military carrying an M&P. They simply are not on the same level of quality and dependability.

M&P's are good guns and I'll go so far as to say the ergonomics are better than most Glocks but they are not stealing that much market share from Glock.

I understand the desire to support domestic firearms companies but the quality isn't always there. Don't even get me started on the horrible SR series. It blows my mind that people can't see the obvious quality difference.

This. X100.

S&W needs to stick to revolvers. The M&P series really stands for Mall Ninjas and PoBoys (and the Hopkinsville PD).

Id rather own a HiPoint than a SW anything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
I believe our comments are more to Comms. A statement like "I would rather own high points than S&W anything" is just ridiculous.

I won't own a Glock because I can't stand ugly guns. I don't expect Comms and I have much in common along gun lines anyway. That is ok.

This. X100.

S&W needs to stick to revolvers. The M&P series really stands for Mall Ninjas and PoBoys (and the Hopkinsville PD).

Id rather own a HiPoint than a SW anything.

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/SW%20family%20photos/IMG_1399.jpg.html]IMG_1399.jpg[/URL]

Tossing this in the trash now. I just didn't know any better. :ugh:

• Like 2

Good.

All of ye need to repent and get a Glock 20.

Or else

Ever shoot a model 52 Smith and Wesson? You even know what one is? I didn't think so. Until you shoot a real gun, you don't know how cheap your plastic toys really are.

Ever shoot a model 52 Smith and Wesson? You even know what one is? I didn't think so. Until you shoot a real gun, you don't know how cheap your plastic toys really are.

Sheesh! Sensitive much?

The first gun I ever fired was a SW 52-2 and a 6906.

Im kidding around Id think yall wouldve caught on to that by now

• Like 1

Sheesh! Sensitive much?

The first gun I ever fired was a SW 52-2 and a 6906.

Im kidding around Id think yall wouldve caught on to that by now

And you'd rather have a Hi Point. :waiting: You're really just a little kid playing with his mom's smartphone, right?

And you'd rather have a Hi Point. :waiting: You're really just a little kid playing with his mom's smartphone, right?

I am unimpressed with the M&P line, and sadly the SW Performance Center 1911 didnt feel good to me.

Its more ergos but accuracy wise I can outshoot an M&P with any of my other pistols, and they didnt feel that well built.

And no, Id rather own a broadsword as an EDC than a HiPoint (even though their 45 carbine isnt TOO bad)

I am unimpressed with the M&P line, and sadly the SW Performance Center 1911 didnt feel good to me.

Its more ergos but accuracy wise I can outshoot an M&P with any of my other pistols, and they didnt feel that well built.

And no, Id rather own a broadsword as an EDC than a HiPoint (even though their 45 carbine isnt TOO bad)

f196c37d5d923c81977d2e36bee69e5b.jpga4c19e8f9459f0bf196c96b6114dda73.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've seen a lot of ugly guns to include https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_P-Series.

The pictures of the new Ruger's look no worse then the current offerings from Walther, H&K or others. If it works reliably, sells for a reasonable price, is readily available with good accessories it'll sell.

Yeah the P-Series were fat and ugly but now they have been running all these years even after production and their true beauty is how tough and reliable they are. They are built like tanks . If these newer Rugers turn out the same then I can overlook the uglyness.

I really hope Ruger does do well with it. I have a handfull of the older P-series and they are tough as tanks but run like a fine sewing machine.

• Like 1

Wow. Really? From what personal experience are you making this statement? My SR's are some of the finest handguns I've ever owned; accurate, reliable, slim, easy to conceal, and WAY better than ANY M&P handgun I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty, every day. The SR's outsell the M&P's by a huge margin in the shop. I've never had a problem talking a customer out of an M&P and into an SR series gun. Once they feel the grip and the trigger, it's pretty much over.

• Like 3

Wow. Really? From what personal experience are you making this statement? My SR's are some of the finest handguns I've ever owned; accurate, reliable, slim, easy to conceal, and WAY better than ANY M&P handgun I've ever seen. And I've seen plenty, every day. The SR's outsell the M&P's by a huge margin in the shop. I've never had a problem talking a customer out of an M&P and into an SR series gun. Once they feel the grip and the trigger, it's pretty much over.

I feel that may be some personal bias showing through there, as honestly I have the same, but reversed. I have stated before I think the SR series guns aren't as well finished internally, showing rough machining, etc, and I feel the M&P grip is much more natural, while the gun is more aesthetically pleasing inside and out. I also hate that little bump/vertical ridge on the fingertips when holding an SR. I find the trigger on the 4-5 examples of the SRs I've shot to be nothing to write home about. I will definitely admit they are more consistent than M&P triggers which used to be all over the place. It seems Smith has both improved the design while tightened QC in the last couple years. However, I have always picked out specific M&Ps with good triggers from the get-go, while passing on some with too much grit or a heavier or inconsistent break. The SR wins on tactile reset, stock vs stock triggers.

It's funny how our bias changes our sales and our perception. I like the M&Ps, among others, and know many more shooters that have and love them vs SR series guns. Off hand I can think of 3 SR series owners in my regular circle of friends who have kept theirs (meaning they liked them enough not to dump them quickly) while I can name 8 at church alone that still have and love their M&Ps. I spend a lot of time at gun stores, and have spent time behind a counter as well. I definitely have not seen the "always buy an SR after holding an M&P" that you do. In fact, the reverse. Of course, I have to point out that that may be my bias coloring my perception. I am at least admitting that.

We all make our decisions based on our personal bias.

Tens of thousands of each make's models being sold prove that their designs are speaking to someone. For the sake of the folks cranking out the guns on the production floor, I hope this ugly bastage of a pistol speaks to plenty of folks. It is speaking to me... yelling, actually. Yelling "Run away!" Haha! Maybe it's speaking in tongues and will be interpreted differently by others.
  • Like 3