Free to Good home: Blue Tick Dog

ReeferMac

I hope it works out. She is a fine looking dog.

I think we might just be the luckiest idiots in the world. She's met our whole pack. We have a hound/terrier mix who's about 4 months younger than her, they've been outside running forever. We had to force a time out. She came back in, everyone seems to get along really well and now she's back outside running with Odie. Max, our labaweiner, also joined them. It sounds like cattle running.

I think it's safe to say we now have 8 dogs. WTF. From now on please hide all free dogs somewhere on here I will never look.
  • Like 9
You'll love having her. Hounds are so smart and fun. You won't have to worry about and racoons, possums, etc wondering into your yard at night :) Mine went out to pee a couple nights ago and treed a possum in the back yard. It was 1am. Yeah, the neighbors love us :rofl:
We have a Labaweiner who can snap a mole's neck in 3 seconds or less. He saw a possum from 20' away the other night. This girl, well, I have a feeling she's gonna put him and our other hound mix to shame. We don't want her to be a working dog, we just want her to have a good life. She discovered the pond tonight. She doesn't seem to mind the cold. She's an adventure that's about to happen. The baying is the most hilarious part!

I grew up with one grandfather who was as country as can be. Raised some of the best Coon Hounds around middle Tn in the late 50s and early 60s.

I remember people coming from several surrounding states to get one of his dogs. I'd see 50, a 100, as high as 200 dollars change hands for a dog. And that was a bunch of money then.

But I had to feed them all and keep the little houses clean. I got real tired of all that baying. lol But that's just me. They are great dogs.

• Like 1

I think we might just be the luckiest idiots in the world. She's met our whole pack. We have a hound/terrier mix who's about 4 months younger than her, they've been outside running forever. We had to force a time out. She came back in, everyone seems to get along really well and now she's back outside running with Odie. Max, our labaweiner, also joined them. It sounds like cattle running.
I think it's safe to say we now have 8 dogs. WTF. From now on please hide all free dogs somewhere on here I will never look.

Just warms my heart... a great way to start the year

We have a Labaweiner who can snap a mole's neck in 3 seconds or less. He saw a possum from 20' away the other night. This girl, well, I have a feeling she's gonna put him and our other hound mix to shame. We don't want her to be a working dog, we just want her to have a good life. She discovered the pond tonight. She doesn't seem to mind the cold. She's an adventure that's about to happen. The baying is the most hilarious part!

Why did I have a feeling that once you actually got to spend time with her that she would be # 8 of your family......... :rofl:  :rofl:  I fell in love with her in the first picture Reefer put up. Those eyes and ears in the first picture just jump out and grab your heart........ :rock:  I know you will enjoy having her and I can only guess what kind of mouth she has when she begins to let out a drone that Hounds make.  I'm sure she will be loved.............. :up: 

• Like 1
She is already Bersa! I've always been a person who loved Bully breeds. We have a Staffordshire and 2 "Pitweilers" and I never thought we'd have hounds. When we adopted Odie he was 8 weeks old and we were told he was a Pit mix, and he fit the part. Turns out he's more of a hound/terrier mix. So Dolly and he have become instant pals.

K - Monkey and I both knew that. I felt horrible taking her once I saw your daughter with her. We had that talk on the way home. Almost felt like we stole her. She did GREAT last night. Slept the whole night through. We fed her, stayed up 2 more hours, let her out and we all got a solid 8 hours of sleep. Everyone is happy!

You know there's a term for this condition in the animal foster world, it's called a "foster failure". :)

I've never fostered. I genuinely thought I would be successful at my first go. Then she just, changed my mind. Totally not my fault. Pretty sure she did a spell or something! It's the ears. Gotta be.
  • Like 1

I've never fostered. I genuinely thought I would be successful at my first go. Then she just, changed my mind. Totally not my fault. Pretty sure she did a spell or something! It's the ears. Gotta be.

It was her eyes that got me and the ears just added to it but then I have had hounds most of my life growing up. I have always loved the sound of hounds when they are on trail or just welcoming company to the house. .............. :up:

• Like 1

I am still trying to picture the " Labawiener"..lol ...

Black lab looks, dachshund body. Massive muscles. He's a riot. He was a wandering stray I nabbed. His grey tells me we're getting up there in the years. He's about 8-10. Still as sassy as ever and he drives Monkey crazy. So it's perfect. I love him.
  • Like 1

I can imagine.. :) we have 2 dogs 2 cats and 2 rats and a horse.. Gus.. our Alapaha blue Blood Bulldog is really big jerk.. most of the time..lol but we love him and the rest of the brood..

Here is Gus and is usual facial expression. he does not like getting his picture taken at all.I think the red pre- light and flash irritates  his eyes. We dont care.He is rather photogenic,so take every opportunity to piss him off..lol

12473583_10206436144157258_7720170176554

• Like 4
Update: Daisy (Dolly didn't stick) went to the vet today. She did great. A little scared but she did awesome. First and most important and what I was terrified of, she is heartworm negative!! Yay! She weighs 58.4 lbs and she did have hook and round worms. We got a years supply of heartworm prevention, Drontal to kill what worms she does have and all vaccines necessary. She did great! Just thought people might enjoy an update with everything else going on.
  • Like 8