Glock 27 or ruger sr9c

bayouvol

I own a Glock 27, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a SR9c. They are of similar size and shape. I personally like the Glock trigger better. And nothing can claim the reliability and simplicity of a Glock. The Ruger is priced better. The Ruger isn't as smooth, but it loosens up over time.

I've owned a couple of G-27's and a G-26 and that platform in a 9mmP is easy to shoot. I also own an SR9 and have handled and fired a couple of SR9c's. The trigger in the SR9c's were better then any SR9 or factory spec Glock I've handled or shot. I'd lean towards the SR9c.

I have both. Between the sr9c and the 27 I would have to say you should own both. The Ruger has a great trigger and higher capacity, you can find them for as little as 350.00 bucks, the 27 packs a little more punch along with plenty of aftermarket products. Both are keepers in my book.

I know they are not the same caliber but of the gun manufacturers which would you choose? Same price. Carry concealed and home defense both. I also have the chance for a conversion barrel for the glock to nine.

I'd go Glock 19 vs SR9c. I'd go S&W Shield 9mm vs G27. I would not consider a 40 for civilian carry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Ok full disclosure I am not a fan of Glocks or other polymer models. And to be honest really didn't think I would like the SR-9C However it has been very reliable offers options for capacity when carrying. It fits both average and large size hands. The trigger is actually pretty good on it. It has a rail for a light. Even though it has the Nanny state reminder I would fully recommend the Ruger.

I definitely prefer the feel "in the hand" of the SR9c over the G27 anyday. And not because the 27 is a Glock either, the Ruger just fits in your hand so good and I love the trigger. Also as stated above, the increased magazine capacity as well as the money savings on top of everything else. Buy both and give me the one you don't like :lol:

Let me qualify my statement, I have not owned or shot the Ruger SR9C.  However, for over 25+ years now, I have only pursued, owned, and carried proven in the field handguns that were proven by LEO, Federal Agencies and the military.  Not throwing mud whatsoever towards Ruger, but for "me" unless Ruger has made inroads into these agencies its not for me for personal protection!  Now I would own one, but not for edc.   

So based upon my statement, you know what I would recommend! 

Now let the flogging begin!

Edited by runco

I own and carry a SR9C. It is a great weapon and shoots as good as anything I have ever shot. It has the 10 rd. mag for carry and the 17 rd. mag for high capacity. I have fired probably a couple thousand rounds in my Ruger and for me it is a very reliable and accurate weapon. It has never had a single issue with not ejecting or cycling a round.

I won Glocks as well just not a 27. I have nothing bad to say about a Glock. I enjoy shooting them as well. 

Pick the one you shoot the best.

DITTO!!!! Try 'em out before buying anything. Wife and I spent probably close to $500 @ the range at Frontier Firearms trying EVERYTHING we could before purchasing our EDC's.

My Wife has the LC9s, which I like shooting quite a bit, and find it easy to conceal.... but I use an M&P compact (both 9mm), so I'll just stay out of this Glock-fight! :D But that's how I ended up w/ the M&P... it simply shot the best for me.

Another one to add to the mix is the Springfield line - check them out if you haven't tried them before.

Edited by ReeferMac

There is a reason that 65% of US LEO uses Glock. 

Yes there is. It's called economics.  Glock simply gives the best deal to LE agencies.  Secondly any idgit can operate one.  The only training really required is to keep the booger hook off the bang switch.

Edited by Garufa

Yes there is. It's called economics.  Glock simply gives the best deal to LE agencies.  Secondly any idgit can operate one.  The only training really required is to keep the booger hook off the bang switch.

Agree!  Any theory on why Ruger does not have foothold or even a footprint in LEO?