Browning 1911 380 and Rock Island BBR

espacef1fan

My wife has become quite fond of these two pistols, or atleast the idea of them. In searching I've found noone saying bad things about them but was wondering if anyone here had experience with them.

Also the sights on both are plain lacking even white dots. I've been unable to find aftermarket sights for either pistol, any recommendations there?
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good gunsmith can spot drill the sights and give you white dots, or you can use one of the many sign paints and do your own in a variety of colors.

I don't know of anyone making sights specifically for these pistols, but some may be adapted to them without too much work.
Something about baby 1911s is attractive. Not sure what but it's the way it is haha.

As for single white dot out front, all of our other pistols utilize 3 white dots so better to keep a familiar sight picture.

The gunsmith answer was too obvious, I should have thought of it.

Something about baby 1911s is attractive. Not sure what but it's the way it is haha.

As for single white dot out front, all of our other pistols utilize 3 white dots so better to keep a familiar sight picture.

The gunsmith answer was too obvious, I should have thought of it.

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_1885.jpg.html]IMG_1885.jpg[/URL]

My baby 1911 has a full sized bore. I couldn't agree with you more.

My wife has become quite fond of these two pistols, or atleast the idea of them. In searching I've found noone saying bad things about them but was wondering if anyone here had experience with them.

Also the sights on both are plain lacking even white dots. I've been unable to find aftermarket sights for either pistol, any recommendations there?

Try some of these, I put these on one of my pistols and they worked out better than I thought they would.  

3gunpic.jpg

They won't last forever, but do stay on there for a bit, and worth the price of under $20.  

http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters_Handgun_Night_Sights.html

Edit:  forgot to mention, stick with green.  It's brighter.

Edited by Omega

Hey what are some other 1911 pistols that are meant for concealed carry caliber don't really matter much

Sig makes the 238 and 938. Kimber makes several small 1911esq pistols. Colt still makes the officer's model I think. There are quite a few options reall.

That Baby Rock does peek my interest, but it is just big enough that it is a OWB/IWB gun. I have always had an interest in the Llama 32 and 380 guns that have been out for decades. I just never could get past the Llama name on the side, but I hear those 1911 versions were not half bad.

Sig doesn't look like a 1911 to me tho but still I will do some checking in on that list

They aren't 1911s. Not even close. Unfortunately, people erroneously state that they are. They are substantially smaller though. Even smaller than EMPs.

Hey what are some other 1911 pistols that are meant for concealed carry caliber don't really matter much

If you can find one of these they carry very, very well. http://www.armslist.com/posts/1242936/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--sig-sauer--45acp-1911-ultracompact---limited-edition You should be able to see specs on this prior listing. As you see they were limited edition.

Luap