TN animal abuse registry

Caster

I am ok with this so long as
- anyone wrongfully on the list that wins a lawsuit takes the money from the creators of this law directly, not public coffers, when they win millions and
- anyone finding that the list can still be accessed via web historical programs and archives and such after their time has aged off is similar to #1  ... that is, someone can sue for historical data being kept past their punishment period the lawmakers pay for the damages awarded directly not from public funds.

Promise me that, and I will be all for it.

The creators of this law would be our legislators. They won’t be held personally responsible. We have criminal databases now that are full of errors. They are protected from lawsuits unless there is criminal intent or gross negligence . And if a lawsuit is won; yes, the taxpayers pay the bill just like everything else.

We live in the information age. So give us access the information. Innocent citizens have the right to access this information; criminals do not have a right to keep it private.
  • Like 1

right, it was never about the right to privacy for felons.    I consider an incorrect entry that reveals personal data for an innocent here, or in the sex offender registry, to be gross negligence.   I also consider making a dumb law that sets up the state to lose money to lawsuits to be gross negligence by the lawmakers.   This has all the earmarks of a good idea that will go very wrong when implemented. 

I consider an incorrect entry that reveals personal data for an innocent here, or in the sex offender registry, to be gross negligence.

Agreed. It should be as simple as the person in question submitting a statement to the maintaining agency that a mistake has been made. Then it is up to the agency to fix it or show the documentation. Failure to act after they have been properly notified is negligence.

Have there been a lot of innocent people put on the sex offender registry?

The biggest problem I see with it is the amount of new government jobs the state will try to justify to maintain it.

Don't know how often total innocents are put on a list.  

I do know the SO registry contains everything from the worst scum that ever walked the planet to people who had one "derp" moment ... theres people on the SO registry that flashed / streaked etc and kids happened to see it.   But that is another issue entirely.  

Everyone has made great points here. Registering anyone on a list could possibly lead to more pandering to the left. Not the best path possibly. There is a need for better laws against these scums of the earth though. I feel any person that can harm an innocent animal for any sort of pleasure or financial gain is about as low as it gets. As far as tax dollars go I would rather fund some furtherance of their judicial punishment than any more ridiculous sports or tourist attractions in the state. I know it's not the highest on most everyone's crime list but just remember anyone abusing a dog, cat, iguana, horse, cow, chicken, mule, bird, pig, goat, hamster, fish, or any other furry, gilled, hopping, flying, burrowing creature is a sick SOB!!!
AAFD70A0-84A1-4FBD-9B89-BF58BF3FD298_zps

• Like 5

I for one welcome it..Its not like we cant get info from the intarwebs anyway for anyone already.I think people who abuse animals are sick and perhaps have some sort of family/love issues.It seems to me when you  torture animals and get a boner from burning them alive , there is is something in your brain that is not right, to say the least. And having animals all my life ,I would love to know if my cats  are going to be skinned  alive by some sick individual next door. That is just a small step from torturing a human being. They lost their rights and privacy when they decided to  treat animals this way. yes.. it is just an animal after all..BUT. .those animals have rights.

I said it before.. and I say it again..people who think animals do not have rights, feelings or are " just " animals, and do not deserve a certain quality  of life are not welcome in my life:)

I would love to volunteer  to put up these signs or start a database.

Just think about this.. your daughter , who has a small dog , that she loves and considers it her best friend, pal and this dog guards her with his life..Then , one day, some  guy moves in next door and takes the dog. steps on it, tortures it , burns its ears, hacks off the tail, feeds it poisons to just see how it reacts, burns the paws, and skins it while its screaming until it finally dies a miserarable death and then throws it back onto your porch..where your daughter finds him... how would you react? what would you do?

This has happens and still happens .. all the time.

People who abuse animals are shit.

• Like 1

I'd like to share a quick story about a person who lives on my road.  I started noticing a dog being chained up all day long in the heat with no shade or water. They went to work and left him outside in the hot sun all day long 10....12 hours a day. I said to the wife I have to confront them and see if they wont fix the situation.  As I might have guessed they where very uncooperative .  So I did the next thing and called the sheriff and told them. It was the next day and the dog was gone. I never did find out what happened but at least he was out of the heat all day. 

• Like 1
Hasn't it been proven time and time again that people who abuse animals later go on to commit crimes against people? Is it EVERY person who abuses animals? No, but it's a stepping stone.
You abused an animal and you've been convicted of it? You're mad that your address is posted on a public database for all your neighbors to see? Tough sh*t. Maybe you should have thought about the public humiliation, the looks that your neighbors are going to give you, the potential damage to your property, the potential harassment from others all the way through before you tortured or abused an animal.
You break certain laws and you lose certain rights. I don't understand how the connection can be made between convicted animal abusers losing their rights to privacy and gun owners (who haven't committed any crimes, therefore haven't lost their right to own fire arms) being put on an online database. This is the way the United States works, folks. You break the law, you pay for it by forfeiting certain things (rights, money, your time, or a combination of all of these things).
Do some people want gun owners on a database? Certainly. Lawfully, if we've done nothing wrong it'd be an invasion of privacy and I'm sure we could make a very good legal case against it.

In my personal opinion, animal abusers should be punished in the manner that they were found guilty of torturing or killing the animals that they harmed. You splashed a dog with gasoline and lit on fire? Congratulations you're getting the same thing. You tied a cat to a railroad track and watched it squirm until the train came by a ran it over, continually for ten minutes until the train was gone and you just sat there laughing? Get the rope. Drop the neighbors rabbit into a bucket of acid? Have a dip.

Moral of the story folks: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by Tedro2022
Ehhh I am still opposed to this.

Human life, no matter how much of a turd they may be, is still more precious than Fido.

I have a dog, I like animals but to place a living being with no intelligence and no soul above that of a human being...cant do it.

This reminds me of the eurotrash animal lovers who want to execute and rape Chinese people everytime they quell a dog population

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have a dog, I like animals but to place a living being with no intelligence and no soul above that of a human being...cant do it.

This reminds me of the eurotrash animal lovers who want to execute and rape Chinese people everytime they quell a dog population

Wow. This. Wow.

No intelligence and no soul? Wrong and wrong.

My dogs dream, they know when I'm sad or scared. They protect me. Surely to God, that's a horrible joke you just stated, either that or I'm a member of the Eurotrash. In which case is rather be Eurotrash. Because Yulin is wrong. And saying animals have no intelligence or souls is wrong too.
  • Like 1

Wow. This. Wow.

No intelligence and no soul? Wrong and wrong.

My dogs dream, they know when I'm sad or scared. They protect me. Surely to God, that's a horrible joke you just stated, either that or I'm a member of the Eurotrash. In which case is rather be Eurotrash. Because Yulin is wrong. And saying animals have no intelligence or souls is wrong too.

With the amount of rampant starvation and zoonotic borne diseases in those countries killing and eating animals is an ugly, but necessary thing for them to do.

Sure Tobie can sense when im pissed or sad, or fetch a rag but he isnt human. He doesnt converse. He cant solve puzzles. He acts on instinct and primordial tendencies, not intelligence.

My religious beliefs tell me they have no souls. They dont go to Heaven, they dont know Jesus Christ.

Im sorry I know most people disagree with me, I am not saying Id immolate Tobie and hack his limbs off, but at the end of the day human life is still more precious then a bunch of dead puppies and kittens.

We could be using that money to fund pediatric or oncology departments or schools or churchs but instead we are wasting resources denouncing our fellow man for something they did.

Once you are out of prison, that should be it - why wave it in their face? Thats akin to chopping off a 1st graders hands because he took a candy bar from a store or cutting out your eyeballs because you pirated a movie

[quote name="CommsNBombs" post="1342022" timestamp="1451782105"]"He cant solve puzzles."

Actually, he can solve some puzzles. Spend enough time with Fido/Tobey/Whatever you want to name him and he can do some really cool stuff.

Now, can he think on our level? Nope. But they dream (YouTube it, it's hilarious) which indicates a recognition of memory and an imagination to a limited degree I'm sure.

"We could be using that money to fund pediatric or oncology departments or schools or churchs but instead we are wasting resources denouncing our fellow man for something they did."

The government blows more money on other petty things than the ones you have listed. We could go back and forth all day about the things the government should and should not spend money on, but let's be honest, there's enough waste that could be trimmed that this could fit into the budget without hurting anything.

[quote]
Once you are out of prison, that should be it - why wave it in their face? Thats akin to chopping off a 1st graders hands because he took a candy bar from a store or cutting out your eyeballs because you pirated a movie[/quote]
Maybe we should revisit the punishments for these things too... :shrug:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Edited by Tedro2022

Human life, no matter how much of a turd they may be, is still more precious than Fido.

Your off topic.....the topic is "animal abuse" and nothing about putting animals above humans.  It's about the douche bag down the street who starves and beats his animal.  When everyone else leaves you a dog will lay by your side. I'm 80 and kinda sick.....my lab never leaves my side....and she knows i'm sick trust me.

• Like 2

Call out evil doers at anytime and everywhere even if under the guise of state law for animal abuse registry.  Evil is evil!  However, imagine the same passion as illustrated in this thread directed at ending the abuse on human life from inception through life itself, what a better world we would live in.    Like it or not, all human life is sanctified, it should be treated as such.

Call out evil doers at anytime and everywhere even if under the guise of state law for animal abuse registry.  Evil is evil!  However, imagine the same passion as illustrated in this thread directed at ending the abuse on human life from inception through life itself, what a better world we would live in.    Like it or not, all human life is sanctified, it should be treated as such.

I have a feeling that if someone started an abortion thread, it would get heated very quick.  However, that's not what this thread is about.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that if someone started an abortion thread, it would get heated very quick.  However, that's not what this thread is about.

Never said it was, but I did draw a comparison about people's passion for life though.   ;)

Thanks.. I am that Eurotrash..!!!

Asshole!!

• Like 4