TN animal abuse registry

Caster

I'll be the proud Ameritrash. My concern for animals far outweighs that of most humans.

Mine as well. Take the idiot who gave our Dolly to Reefer with the threat of digging hole out back and shooting her if reefer didn't keep her. That guy needs a hole dug for himself. She's been nothing short of amazing here and I'm so glad I never met the backwoods idiot myself. But he belongs in a list like this.

Screw the thought of public humiliation. It's a warning system for people to protect themselves and their pets from people who clearly have no respect for animals. What irks me is this is only being listed for a few years, so what? They can repeat again once they're clear?

Tennessee has had so many responses from ARC in regards to hoarding cases and dog fighting cases it is disgusting. EVERYTIME they respond here it makes me ashamed. Our "punishments" are not hard enough for these cases. To me this is a start but the solution is stiffer sentencing, steeper court fees and community service cleaning kennels at local shelters.
  • Like 2

Mine as well. Take the idiot who gave our Dolly to Reefer with the threat of digging hole out back and shooting her if reefer didn't keep her. That guy needs a hole dug for himself. She's been nothing short of amazing here and I'm so glad I never met the backwoods idiot myself. But he belongs in a list like this.

Screw the thought of public humiliation. It's a warning system for people to protect themselves and their pets from people who clearly have no respect for animals. What irks me is this is only being listed for a few years, so what? They can repeat again once they're clear?

Tennessee has had so many responses from ARC in regards to hoarding cases and dog fighting cases it is disgusting. EVERYTIME they respond here it makes me ashamed. Our "punishments" are not hard enough for these cases. To me this is a start but the solution is stiffer sentencing, steeper court fees and community service cleaning kennels at local shelters.

yes.. I agree.. totally..I see it a lot with the soring cases in our Tennessee Walking Horses.. its rampant and people still make excuses . yet we are overrun with rescues that where  being abused.all for a ribbon and some points on paper

• Like 1

The solution is a bullet. I have no respect for anyone who hurts a kid or animal period. And I do put my animals above most humans. You hurt my dog or horse, your best bet is to go to jail and end up on this list. Because I'm an easy natured person but I can be a mean sonofabitch when I'm pushed

Sent from behind the anvil
  • Like 4

With the amount of rampant starvation and zoonotic borne diseases in those countries killing and eating animals is an ugly, but necessary thing for them to do.

Sure Tobie can sense when im pissed or sad, or fetch a rag but he isnt human. He doesnt converse. He cant solve puzzles. He acts on instinct and primordial tendencies, not intelligence.

My religious beliefs tell me they have no souls. They dont go to Heaven, they dont know Jesus Christ.

Im sorry I know most people disagree with me, I am not saying Id immolate Tobie and hack his limbs off, but at the end of the day human life is still more precious then a bunch of dead puppies and kittens.

We could be using that money to fund pediatric or oncology departments or schools or churchs but instead we are wasting resources denouncing our fellow man for something they did.

Once you are out of prison, that should be it - why wave it in their face? Thats akin to chopping off a 1st graders hands because he took a candy bar from a store or cutting out your eyeballs because you pirated a movie

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Its about animal abuse......no one is saying animals deserve more then man.  I wanna know if your living next door to me and was the man that poisoned my dog about 20 years ago.....OK?....  And he was poisoned!!!!

Edited by Ron_TN

no one is saying animals deserve more then man.

I am probably not alone when I say, that is exactly what I am saying. My dog comes before anyone. I am not saying he should for anyone else, but for me he does.

It basically goes Family (my dog included), very close friends, all other dogs, all other people. In that order. Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4

Personally I wish animals who are abused could receive restitution of some sort. The abuser should pay for ALL medical bills related to the care and treatment. If the abuse caused ANY permanent injuries then the abuser should be required to pay a reasonable amount for food and lodging for the remainder of the animal's life or until the animal is adopted. If the animal never gets adopted then they would pay for the remainder of the animal's life. And along with that they would have to pay those who manage the animal's care and housing. Maybe when abusers have cash money taken out of their pockets they will think twice before abusing another animal.

And also I believe criminal penalties should be similar to that if they did the same to a human but at a reduced rate. Get 10 years for aggravated assault on a human then aggravated assault on an animal should be a percentage of that. And that percentage doubles with each separate, subsequent offense.

People think animals do not feel or think but I can assure you they do. My Lilly can tell when I am not feeling well and she does to comfort me. If I do something she does not like she tells me too. And she gets sad as well and I can see it in her eyes when she it. Just like when Gus is not feeling good he does get a little cranky too and you can tell.

People who intentionally hurt animals for no good reason have probably been abused themselves at some point in their life. And we all know that those who have been abused generally go on to abuse their own families in some way and animal abuse is a precursor to that. I would be willing to bet there are some on here who can bear witness to that.

• Like 4

Not intelligent eh? My Doberman figured out how to turn a door knob just by watching me and the wife. That is problem solving.

My wife and I joke that our pit bull watches us in the kitchen while cooking so that she can do it on her own one day.
We also joke that she wishes that she had thumbs because there's so many things that she wishes she could do on her own. The border collie wishes he had them too, I'm certain. He just wouldn't know what to do with them. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
Nice to have a registry. Although it doesn't scratch what proper punishment really should be for anyone convicted of abusing one of gods little creatures.
Abusers range from professionals holding degrees to hood rats. Although it won't stop abuse it may subliminally instill some to hit the gas instead of the brakes when the face comes up somewhere.... Just sayin
  • Like 2
So, I don't know if any of you have ever heard of ARC or not. It stands for Animal Rescue Corps. But if you haven't you should look them up. In the last 3 days they have had 5 rescue cases of over 100 dogs and other animals here in Tennessee alone. Some were abandonment cases, 1 was a hoarding and one was someone who had good intentions but became overwhelmed. The last case the person was actually still caring for the animals but still surrendered them.

It's shocking to me. I can't believe how many times I see Tennessee listed in their posts when they go out on rescues. Their emergency shelter is in Lebanon right now. They're in need of volunteers, supplies to care for the animals and donations. WKRN has all the info if you're interested.

EDIT:
Here's a link if you're interested: http://wkrn.com/2016/01/08/nearly-60-animals-rescued-from-cruelty-neglect-in-2-tenn-counties/ Edited by MrsMonkeyMan2500
  • Like 1

So, I don't know if any of you have ever heard of ARC or not. It stands for Animal Rescue Corps. But if you haven't you should look them up. In the last 3 days they have had 5 rescue cases of over 100 dogs and other animals here in Tennessee alone. Some were abandonment cases, 1 was a hoarding and one was someone who had good intentions but became overwhelmed. The last case the person was actually still caring for the animals but still surrendered them.

It's shocking to me. I can't believe how many times I see Tennessee listed in their posts when they go out on rescues. Their emergency shelter is in Lebanon right now. They're in need of volunteers, supplies to care for the animals and donations. WKRN has all the info if you're interested.

EDIT:
Here's a link if you're interested: http://wkrn.com/2016/01/08/nearly-60-animals-rescued-from-cruelty-neglect-in-2-tenn-counties/

ARC is a great organization. I am an ARC Angel. You are right, it does seem that TN has way too many cases they have to take care of.
  • Like 1