Outdoor shooting ranges around nashville.

ballz71

Hello and welcome.

The ones that I am familiar with are the 3 TWRA Ranges near Nashville: Stones River, Cheatham Wildlife Management Area, and the Montgomery County Shooting Complex.

Here's a link to info at the TWRA website (middle TN is Region II). http://tn.gov/twra/article/firing-ranges-j1

Stones River: http://tn.gov/twra/article/stones-river-hunter-education-center

Montgomery County Shooting Complex (MCSC): http://shoottn.org/

MCSC is the nicest public range I have ever been to, but also the farthest away from Nashville - up to 400 yd for rifles.  Stones River is nice range, but last time I was there the longest rifle range was 100 yds.  Both Stones River and MCSC have Range Officers.

Cheatham Wildlife Management Area has 25, 50, and 100 yard backstops.  It's a decent range.  No Range Officers, so shooters have to work out cease fires.

• Like 1
Strategic Edge down in Chapel Hill is the best around. Have to be a member or a guest of a member to shoot (guests are limited to 2 visits). I heard last weekend though that membership is currently filled but the membership year starts over this summer so can check back. 1250 yard range if you have something to take advantage of that distance.
  • Like 1

Strategic Edge down in Chapel Hill is the best around. Have to be a member or a guest of a member to shoot (guests are limited to 2 visits). I heard last weekend though that membership is currently filled but the membership year starts over this summer so can check back. 1250 yard range if you have something to take advantage of that distance.

Completely agree, can't speak highly enough of Strategic Edge. We're in our 2nd year of membership and will be happily renewing this summer.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like Stones River.  There are other great ones, Stone's River is about a 15 minute drive for me. $8 per visit.  Open Fri, Sat and Sun. Fridays are great if you can go then as it is less crowded.

Great range officers.  Up to 200 yards for long guns.

There used to be a very fussy lady that was a pistol range officer, though I don't think she is there any longer.

OK Corral is great, though it is a stretch to get there.

No range officer, though one wasn't needed the day I was there - people behaved. 

The have a three sided pit that is great for ARs and Shotguns and a great pistol range.  

I really like Stones River. There are other great ones, Stone's River is about a 15 minute drive for me. $8 per visit. Open Fri, Sat and Sun. Fridays are great if you can go then as it is less crowded.

Great range officers. Up to 200 yards for long guns.

There used to be a very fussy lady that was a pistol range officer, though I don't think she is there any longer.

OK Corral is great, though it is a stretch to get there.

No range officer, though one wasn't needed the day I was there - people behaved.

The have a three sided pit that is great for ARs and Shotguns and a great pistol range.

+1 for stones river, first range I ever been too and the place I first shot my Mosin and bought my sks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're in Hendersonville. Get on the waiting list for Gallatin Gun Club ASAP by emailing Ron Jackson ronjackson@comcast.net . It may take a few years to get a spot, but once you do, you'll never let it go. I think the current estimate is 3 years.

The range is 300 yards with berms at 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300, plus gongs at 200 and 300 yards, plus steel plates at (IIRC) 25 feet for pistols, plus two trap stands.

I'm trying to join at Strategic Edge. At the moment I'm number 169 on the waiting list, so unless there's a lot of turnover I'd guess that I'll be waiting quite a long time.

I've only been there a year, but heard from a few people that when the membership year starts over there are usually a couple hundred spots freed up so it may only be a few month wait. It is worth it, if you shoot long range i ts really the only place around unless you have private range.