Knox Gun Show Jan 1-3

I wouldn't care to go since I have not been maybe 18mos or more.  I think this one is the three day weekend one, which if I remember correctly the gate money is higher than normal?   This could be historic though, may be the last time you can buy from Bubba without a 4473!  You know the guy, who is always selling his personal collection, the one that always asking what are you carrying, and lows ball you or simply gives it back without asking anything else.  He is always there with a buddy or two.

I am going tomorrow. Prices I am betting will be high,if they are I will just stop by a gun shop on the way home. I don't think Obama will get anything done with his order. Still has too have a lot of stuff go along with it. Enforcement will be the big issue. After all it is already against the law for these private sellers to be buying and reselling at a profit without an FFL. I have never heard it really being enforced until recently. Heard they busted an 83 yo man that had been doing it his whole life a while back.

Whats up with the lines?

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/20121228_132354_zpsea4ccb45.jpg.html]20121228_132354_zpsea4ccb45.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/20121228_132237_zpsd86ca7bf.jpg.html]20121228_132237_zpsd86ca7bf.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  Gotcha! 

Flashbacks from this same weekend in late 2012 early 2013.  This was right after Sandyhook and in the middle of the day on a Friday, it was another 3 day weekend gunshow.  I actually went through the line for reloading supplies, got maybe 50% of what I went after, and spent maybe $1000 on reloading supplies only from David.

• Like 2

I got there at 9:30. No line. Lots of people walking around inside but the show itself was half the size it was last time I was there. I bought 5 Pmags and was about to buy a Ruger bull barrel Mark 3 but after getting the total price and waiting 30 min to fill out the paperwork they told me they had it priced wrong and would be 50.00 higher.Didn't take it. Left at 11:30. Might go to a couple gun shops tomorrow.

My wife and I went Friday afternoon. It was fairly crowded with people while we were there. Pricing for most of the vendors seemed more reasonable than past shows, and there was plenty of ammo available even if much of it was a bit higher than the LGSs I frequent.

There was a vendor there I hadn't seen before (Eagles Soaring) who was selling 9mm FMJ reloads for $10 OTD. Their website lists it for $12 per 50. They had an ample supply of various ammo, and are located in Greenback per the label on the box. The wife bought 100 rounds to try it out.

There were black rifles and parts everywhere and the prices seemed similar to LGSs. This is a great time to be in the market for an AR.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to look around as thoroughly as I normally do because the wife was getting hungry and rushed me a bit.

My wife and I went Friday afternoon. It was fairly crowded with people while we were there. Pricing for most of the vendors seemed more reasonable than past shows, and there was plenty of ammo available even if much of it was a bit higher than the LGSs I frequent.

There was a vendor there I hadn't seen before (Eagles Soaring) who was selling 9mm FMJ reloads for $10 OTD. Their website lists it for $12 per 50. They had an ample supply of various ammo, and are located in Greenback per the label on the box. The wife bought 100 rounds to try it out.

There were black rifles and parts everywhere and the prices seemed similar to LGSs. This is a great time to be in the market for an AR.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to look around as thoroughly as I normally do because the wife was getting hungry and rushed me a bit.

My Walmart's been carrying Perfecta(brass) 9mm ammo for $10.79(give or take a penny) after taxes for 50 rnd boxes. I shot about 250 with no problems, went back and got the last four boxes they had today. Might be worth checking Wally's in your area? Been good ammo for me so far...  

Edited by MountainDewed

My Walmart's been carrying Perfecta(brass) 9mm ammo for $10.79(give or take a penny) after taxes for 50 rnd boxes. I shot about 250 with no problems, went back and got the last four boxes they had today. Might be worth checking Wally's in your area? Been good ammo for me so far...  

+1. 50 rnd boxes of Perfecta & Tula Brass Maxx are good quality & made in Italy by Fiocchi. I avoid gun show reloads (or any reloads for that matter) like the plague.

Edited by luvmyberetta