Who owns a 40 S&W ?

94user

Don't own one and won't. I chose not to respond with the reasons I don't like 40. Hey if it tickles your pickle get one and shoot the piss out of it. I'm not gonna get into any caliber war. All pistol rounds suck and getting shot with anything will suck. I doubt I'd be able to tell a difference in getting shot with a 9, 40, or 45.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wife carries a M&P Shield .40 S&W. She likes it and shoots very accurate with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kivP4mgalE 

I have a Gen 4 Glock 22 .40 S&W and I love it. Accurate, shoots nice, carries well OWB. 

Edited by JohnC
Walther P99 that I've had for almost 12 years now.

The round is fine, but I bought my first 9mm last month and am switching to that for carry since training ammo is cheaper and the JHP rounds have come as far as they have. The .40 will still be used for quick trips to the drive-thru late at night since I don't have a vehicle holster for it and is the pistol I'll stuff in a go bag as a backup to my VP9.
M&P 40 Full size
M&P40 Compact
M&P Shield 40
Kahr MK40

They all work fine; I don’t have any problems with the round. There are plenty of recent threads about the caliber wars, so I won’t go there. Everything is application driven. My experience tells me it is the best for application I am using it for. I also own .45’s, .357’s and 38’s; haven’t owned a 9mm in years.

Is there some specific concern you have?

Yep, 2. STI 2011 Eagle, Gen4 G35. I also have 10's for the haters. I like .40 as a reloader. Less fuss than 9mm, more bullet weight variation if needed. Favorite load(and my competition load) is 200grn WFN bullets at 850fps. Makes the .40 a pussycat but makes major power. This needs pics...
d5b2a74f06b35206fb00cff2c12979ce.jpg

Edited by Jct1911
  • Like 3

I guess the take away from this thread is that the demise of  the.40S&W has been greatly exaggerated. 

This is pretty much what I was trying to find out , seems like the .40 is actually alive, well, and maybe even popular.  I've had a PX4 Storm in .40 sitting in my nightstand for years.  14 + 1   165 grain hollow points. It's very accurate, recoil is the same as my .45 . Caliber has nothing to do with it but with the small back strap it fits my hands better than any of my other pistols.

I as well enjoy reloading 40s&w over other rounds. I aim for about 850fps with 180 grain projectiles. I use once fired brass and don't even bother to pick them up because I get so much given to me. I have about 4K pieces of brass to load right now. I have so many friends in law enforcement that know me as a 40 loader I come home to buckets of brass on my porch all the time. It's still by far the number one law enforcement round in the country.
  • Like 3

I as well enjoy reloading 40s&w over other rounds. I aim for about 850fps with 180 grain projectiles. I use once fired brass and don't even bother to pick them up because I get so much given to me. I have about 4K pieces of brass to load right now. I have so many friends in law enforcement that know me as a 40 loader I come home to buckets of brass on my porch all the time. It's still by far the number one law enforcement round in the country.

If you ever feel like parting with some of that brass, let me know. I'm always looking for more of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a M&P compact and Shield both in .40. The compact was the first pistol I purchased back when the M&Ps first came out and I figured I'd go with a .40 since it had a bit more punch than the .9 and could have just as much energy as a .45 with certain loads. I see the pros and cons of each of the different calibers and have no problem with people's opinions on each of them. 

Glock 35

Glock 24C

EAA Stock 2

Taurus PT101

I like it great for games. 40 at minor power factor is stupid soft and you don't have to worry about making PF. 40 major is pretty much THE load for USPSA Limited.

All my carry guns are 9mm.