Please Consider Becoming a TGO Benefactor or Authorized Vendor

IF you can afford to help keep TGO up and running smoothly, please consider doing so by becoming a TGO Benefactor or Authorized Vendor. I don't have any inside information, but I'd imagine it's not exactly cheap to keep TGO up and running as smoothly as TGO David and crew does. 

TGO and its wise members have not only been extremely helpful to me over the last several years, they've also been a real source of entertainment. The awesome members who make up TGO have created an oasis of sorts; a place for me to escape life's realities. For so many reasons, I am truly grateful for TGO.

Here are some perks of becoming a TGO Benefactor:

- Authorized Vendors have been known to post special super-secret discounts and deals only available to TGO Benefactors.

Benefactors are given immediate access to the Benefactor Lounge and the TGO Trading Post (Classifieds). They may start new threads in the Trading Post forums regardless of post count or tenure, bypassing the 30-day and 50-post requirement that all other members must meet.

​- Benefactors are all marked with the logo (above) shown under their names in each post that they make on the forum.

- Benefactors can use custom user titles in their profile.

- Benefactors can store up to 100 private messages whereas regular members can only store 50.

- Benefactors can manage (moderate) comments to their blog.

- Benefactors can delete their own blog entries.

- Benefactors can add events to the TGO calendar and they are immediately posted w/o need for a moderator to approve them.

- Benefactors see a little more detail about what everyone is doing when they view the Who's Online page.

- Benefactors can edit and delete (moderate) Visitor Messages left to their profile by other members.

- Benefactors have 20MB of storage in our Photo Gallery whereas regular members only have 10MB.

To purchase a TGO Benefactor subscription, please visit the TGO Store.

6-Month TGO Benefactor subscription: $20
1-Year TGO Benefactor subscription: $35
Lifetime Benefactor subscription (Best Deal): $150

About TGO Authorized Vendors:

TGO Vendors are businesses who support this site through one of several tiers of membership. In exchange for their support, they are granted the privilege of advertising their goods and services through either promotional postings on the forum or several sizes of Banner Advertisements.

A TGO Vendor account can start out for as little as the equivalent of $20 per month for a one year term. The various tiers go up from there, but a person who wants to engage in a sideline business can easily get started on TGO for less than the cost of one delivery pizza per month.

I have frequently told people who are interested in becoming a Vendor that if their business plan doesn't provide for $240 a year in advertising costs, that they need to re-evaluate their business plan. Being completely honest here, that's dirt cheap advertising. It's cheaper than a box of business cards and is likely to generate a ton more business -- quickly -- for a person than any other means. Newspaper, radio, TV... all are astronomically more expensive than this.

Just remember, we do protect the investment that our Vendor partners have made in this site. We do not let anyone advertise commercial interest here without being a TGO Vendor and that does apply to Benefactor members as well. If you're providing recurring goods or services to our members and trying to do this as a Benfactor, your're doing it wrong.

So there you have it. If you're interested in becoming a TGO Vendor, contact TGO David and get the ball rolling.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 11
I learn something new everyday!

I didn't know we had access to the calendar other than view only mode. This is a very under utilized tool that could benefit lots of folks.

I for one have already gone in and updated with our Action Pistol match schedule for the year for any folks that are looking for local matches.

Thanks TDR!
  • Like 5
I signed up as a benefactor after seeing the quality of the members and administration. TGO is one of the best run forums if seen.

I learned more about the benefits here.
The calendar is big.
I didn't know could have a custom title (I'll have to look at this).
I also need to spend some time in the blog section too.

Thanks to all that make TGO great
  • Like 3
Same here Dusty. TGO is a solid community and made even a transplant feel right at home. Most important I felt like while I was in TN and part of TGO in many ways I never walked alone. Solid community, if you're debating membership, give it a shot for 6 months and see if it makes sense for ya, if you're skirting the vendor status, shame on you. TGO is a labor of love for a much smaller percentage of folks than the ones what enjoy the benefits and privileges, all they ask is a pay to play paltry sum and as mentioned I can't think of cheaper, nonetheless more effective local advertising. I've sat through a lot of advertising schpeals and not a single entity out there could offer a more direct line to potentially interested, like minded, LOCAL individuals at 5x the rate David asks. Honestly not even at double that. And most of the ones that where 1/2 as effective wanted 5-10x PER MONTH.
  • Like 2

Heck...some of the best money I've spent ever! Where else can I spout off on multiple topics I know damn little about and not get kicked out?

Seriously, if I can do it more of you guys can. I'm old, retired with a very low fixed income, and a very gullible wife.

I managed to scrounge up the cash for a lifetime membership when David first offered it to us. I'm not sorry I did.

I get good advice, good times, meet interesting people(mostly...lol), and good friends.

Do it!

• Like 4

OK... you've "shamed" me into becoming a lifetime benefactor. :surrender:   Just kidding... my renewal isn't for quite awhile but if my finances allow, I'll do it. :up:

I'd like to see more vendors on here.  What better way to get me out to buy guns and/or ammo than to sit here with my morning cup of coffee and read a post from a vendor with a deal?  I'll support them before I just jump in my car and go window shopping.  By the way, I've noticed no activity in over a year on the "TGO Vendor Midway"  

Can any of our non-firearm related business owners become a vendor?

I know I would support a TGO business if I was aware of the owners affiliation.

For example, I know one of our members referred another member to another member for dental work...

If you provide a good or service. Why not spend as little as $20/month and build brand awareness?

Yeah, I'd like to see some of our Vendors become more active. It wouldn't hurt for the members to give our Vendors a shout-out from time to time. I'm guilty of forgetting to do that myself. Guns & Leather - Greenbrier is right down the road from me, so they get most of my business. I often forget to show them some love after they've taken care of me. I have two transfers headed their way this week, so I'll definitely make it a point to show them some love. Guns N More has been pretty active with some great deals in the TGO Vendor Sale Postings

• Administrator

Can any of our non-firearm related business owners become a vendor?

I know I would support a TGO business if I was aware of the owners affiliation.

For example, I know one of our members referred another member to another member for dental work...

If you provide a good or service. Why not spend as little as $20/month and build brand awareness?

As much as I appreciate the desire for non-firearm businesses to support the TGO community, I prefer to keep the ads relevant to shooting, hunting, outdoors.  It's been my own experience -- and a fairly well documented fact within the "website monetization" circle -- that people will generally not block ads at the browser level if the ads are relevant and of interest to them.

If you guys started seeing a bunch of ads for things not related to our subject matter, I would not be surprised to immediately see a 75-80% drop in ad views and click-throughs.  And without those two things, ads are meaningless to the advertiser.

Yeah, I'd like to see some of our Vendors become more active. It wouldn't hurt for the members to give our Vendors a shout-out from time to time. I'm guilty of forgetting to do that myself. Guns & Leather - Greenbrier is right down the road from me, so they get most of my business. I often forget to show them some love after they've taken care of me. I have two transfers headed their way this week, so I'll definitely make it a point to show them some love. Guns N More has been pretty active with some great deals in the TGO Vendor Sale Postings.

Greebriar Guns and Leather was always my favorite LGS when we lived in Nashville! It wasn't a short drive from Crieve Hall but the guys there was so awesome it was always the store we hit up!!
  • Like 1

Greebriar Guns and Leather was always my favorite LGS when we lived in Nashville! It wasn't a short drive from Crieve Hall but the guys there was so awesome it was always the store we hit up!!

There are a couple other shops in or near Springfield, but Guns & Leather gets my business every time. They are always well-staffed, helpful, and don't act like you're getting in the way of their gossiping. 

• Like 1

Had already planned on going Benefactor the 1st of the year, thanks for the reminder. Figured I have been hanging out for free for almost 2 years it was time.

Everyone here has made me feel good about moving to TN.

• Like 1