Blocking

I am having issues blocking a couple of members. I have went to the full version, searched and selected their username, and checked block on all 4 options yet I still see both their old post and their new ones. Am I doing something incorrectly or is not working right?

Sent from behind the anvil

I was just able to block someone. I can see where I quoted their posts but I can no longer see the original post.

Go to your user name on the top right and then click "manage ignore pref"... Follow steps from there.

I just did it step by step and it didn't seem to work for either one

Admin and Moderator posts cannot be blocked. If the person you're trying to block is in either of those camps, it won't work.

They are neither of those things. Just regular members. May I pm you the names or is there something else I should try. I'm attempting to do this from a phone using the full version browser, but I've also tried it from a laptop and it didn't work

Sent from behind the anvil Edited by Spots
  • Administrator

They are neither of those things. Just regular members. May I pm you the names or is there something else I should try. I'm attempting to do this from a phone using the full version browser, but I've also tried it from a laptop and it didn't work

Yeah send it over and let me see what's up.

I seldom block anyone to avoid their posts, the quotes always come through and I haven't had anyone pi$$ me off enough to completely block them.  I do use it as a tool though, on here and another site I regularly visit I block some because their posts are way to verbose and after reading it once...if at all, it takes too long to scroll up or down through them on following visits.  And when someone has been particularly rude to me, I block them to mark them as someone to avoid, because I don't remember them any other way.

I'm pretty sure I've been blocked.

I didn't realize I had you blocked until I couldn't see your post  :rofl:

Edit: for some reason sometimes my text jumps to the quoted area when I am answering posts...must be a chrome/tablet thing.  I fixed it.

Edited by Omega
  • Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

So guys...anyone remember that guy btq96r? He hasn't posted in ages!

I kid I kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember him. It's why I blocked him.

wink.png

• Like 1