Review Forum Section

Before I buy a product I look for reviews to see what others think of it.  Some sites are better than others, but some reviews seem to be from users that either complain about pidly stuff to others that just seem to be in cahoots with the sellers.  I was wondering if there could be a dedicated section for product or service reviews?  I think I would trust locals better, and you could also post or pm questions not covered or unclear to the OP.

I will typically do a cursory look to see if anything recent has been mentioned on an item, barring that I'll start a thread asking for feedback or if anyone has even handled whatever item before.

That said I think it would be cool if people made use of the blog section to post reviews. That way it should turn up in s forum search, plus once members get established as writing solid reviews in topics you're interested in, we can follow them that way and keep track of new products and maybe even make requests for reviews on items.

Companies have come to employing review writers to "review" their products for a fee. I no longer give a crap about reviews. Now site members would be a plus, but I'd sure look at their post count before I gave any credence to their review.

Edited by SWJewellTN
  • Like 2

Reviews really ought to be posted in the various forums that already exist here.  Got a review of the latest SIG handgun?  Post it in the handguns forum.   :)

Yea, I have, but those posts get dropped to the bottom quick.  I reviewed a headset some time back and it took me a few minutes to find it again.  No big issue really, most times I review products on the sites I buy them from, but like I mentioned it's a crap shoot with some sites.

• Administrator

Yea, I have, but those posts get dropped to the bottom quick.  I reviewed a headset some time back and it took me a few minutes to find it again.  No big issue really, most times I review products on the sites I buy them from, but like I mentioned it's a crap shoot with some sites.

Understood.  Let me see if maybe there's another way we can do this.  IPB supports "tags" so maybe just tagging a thread as a review and then searching for the review tag would work.

• Like 1

Understood. Let me see if maybe there's another way we can do this. IPB supports "tags" so maybe just tagging a thread as a review and then searching for the review tag would work.

This is a great idea and great function.

I just really hope we don't start seeing a thousand hashtags at the bottom of every post now...

So no #hashtag in my posts? Aren't the added tags not gonna show up on posts if this was an added feature?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe David was saying to put #review at the end to aid in searching for reviews instead of a dedicated sub forum for reviews.

I just hope this doesn't turn Twitter-esque with a bunch of hashtags on all the posts.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe David was saying to put #review at the end to aid in searching for reviews instead of a dedicated sub forum for reviews.

I just hope this doesn't turn Twitter-esque with a bunch of hashtags on all the posts.

Yeah definitely a misunderstanding on my end. I think I'd be blocking a lot of people I'd they started using hashtags.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reviews really ought to be posted in the various forums that already exist here.

Reviews and anything else going in the proper forum would keep future "digital clutter" from accumulating.  If people bumped an existing thread instead of creating a new one for the same subject (as applicable, and it often is), and we'd be all kinds of organized.