What Would You Put in Your AR?

A few things I really like:
BCM Gunfighter charging handle (med or lg)
ALG trigger/hammer set
Seekins Precision bolt catch
Seekins Precision mag release
Hogue grip

Handguard you have so many options that you'll just have to pic one. Make sure it will fit over your gas block if you choose a slim profile.

What's your ceiling for funds here?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk, because I felt that Oh Shoot wanted to know that particular bit of information.

I haven't assigned a dollar amount. I want to build a rifle with good quality parts that make sense, not a 500 dollar charging handle because it's the latest and greatest invention made of some new alloy. Judging from my parts list though it's not going to be an inexpensive build, but I'm ok with that because I've been piecing things together for a while now. Edited by gjohnsoniv

I haven't assigned a dollar amount. I want to build a rifle with good quality parts that make sense, not a 500 dollar charging handle because it's the latest and greatest invention made of some new alloy. Judging from my parts list though it's not going to be an expensive build, but I'm ok with that because I've been piecing things together for a while now.

If you want, you can get a top brand barrel and upper (two very important parts), a good enough lower (they really are all the same), then add the rest as you go along.  My SBR started out as a bare bones basic build, now I have a Geissele trigger, KAC rails, Spikes Tactical BCG, and an EOTech on top.

I would go with a 1-4x scope Burris tac30 or vortex crossfire ii for the sights these could be had for less than $215 including the vortex P.E.R.P 30 mm mounts. Yes got them both :)

Ballistic Advantage hanson barrels with failzero extensions are well made, accurate and match perfectly with the failzero BCG IMHO comparable to the noveske barrels without the sticker shock. They have sales of different barrels every week

BCM KMR alpha rails are also a good buy these are the all aluminum version considerably less than the BCM KMR magnesium alloy version the difference is its 2 ounces heavier.

BCM ambi gunfighter or AXTS Raptor charging handles if you can catch the raptors on sale go for it otherwise the BCM gunfighter will do, if you have scopes large charging handles is a must have.

I can't honestly tell the difference between the geissele g2s or the chip mccormick 2 stage trigger. I'd go for the geissele because it cheaper but the chip McCormick is drop in so its easier to install. Also have both
Both are well made and will serve well on medium to long range setup. On my recent build, I opted for the failzero nickle boron trigger group combined with the JP enterprise spring kit produced a consistent single stage trigger pull of 6 lbs perfect for my CQB 10.5" AR

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Edited by cgpeanut

Elcan Specter DR on top. 

On trigger, I really like the CMC Flat Triggers.  Geissele of all flavors are great too.  I just like a single stage for quick shooting and the two-stage for precision.

If you haven't looked a the BCM KMR rails, its worth a look.  They appear to be filled with helium.

Well as of right now I have a 14.5" midlength barrel with an SLR adjustable gas block and the Troy sights as well as an upper. So what I need now is trigger, muzzle device, lower, and lower parts. Not to mention optics.

Spend your money on the trigger and optics.  The rest is just hardware stuff.

There's been a lot of good suggestions made already. A couple of months ago I would have been another vote for the BCM charging handle, but not now. If you try a raptor charging handle you'll never use a different brand again. I'm changing all of mine over to raptors, so if you really do want a BCM I may can help you out.

Also if money was no object I would run a Noveske 13.5" NSR on all my pinned 14.5" guns Edited by KKing

There's been a lot of good suggestions made already. A couple of months ago I would have been another vote for the BCM charging handle, but not now. If you try a raptor charging handle you'll never use a different brand again. I'm changing all of mine over to raptors, so if you really do want a BCM I may can help you out.

Also if money was no object I would run a Noveske 13.5" NSR on all my pinned 14.5" guns

agreed or the EraThr3 Handguard which is basically the m-lok version of the NSR