Titans

NextExit

Looks like the Titans get first pick in the draft.  Too bad they can't draft an offense.

Screen_shot_2016_01_04_at_6_43_12_PM.png

Next year doesn't look great either unless Mularkey has an awakening.

From nfl.com:

Interim coach Mike Mularkey didn't win much, and with quarterback Marcus Mariota, this should be a prime opening. That said, the Titans are expected to consider Mularkey as a legitimate candidate. The team later confirmed Mularkey is a candidate for the permanent position. The organization has strong feelings for him and how he's handled Mariota. They also know it wouldn't be a popular hire for their fan base, which might make it a longshot move.

Titans general manager Ruston Webster's contract was not renewed, the team announced Monday.

Sean Payton might be available if a team wants to give up their draft pick.  As a Saints fan, I'd hate to see him go but he might turn the Titans around. 

Nothing will be fixed for the Titans unless they get an offensive line that can show up on game day.  From establishing a running game, to keeping Marcus and his surprisingly frail MCL's intact while receivers work to get open, everything in offensive football begins and ends with a stout line imposing their will on the defense.

No less than top three rounds of the draft should be focused on that, and they need to look at trading out of the #1 pick to beef up the total number of picks they get to get depth and make training camp a real fight for a job on the o-line.

Edited by btq96r
  • 9 months later...

Time to revive this.  Beat the Dolphins!  Mariota 3 TD's.  They're now 2-3 and the next 3 games are at home against Cleveland, Indy, & Jacksonville.  Good opportunity to go become 5-3.  At this point it gives me something to watch since the Saints suck. :P

Given the overall weakness of the division, the Titans have a decent chance of making the playoffs. They'll lose in week 1 if they do, but it's better than previous seasons.

Personally, I stand by my 5-11 prediction and 3rd place in the division. The Colts may be struggling, but they'll be up for the Titans matchups. Once Brock O starts getting in sync with his offense at Houston, they'll be putting up some serious points, but their defense without J.J. Watt will be a joke the rest of the season.  The Titans will probably beat the Browns who had to sub in a WR as QB for their final play after Clipboard Jesus popped his knee.

I think their only 3 remaining wins will be Cleveland, one of the two Jax games, and pick any other random game (probably Chiefs, Texans, or one of the Colts games).

Unfortunately, 5-11 will probably be good enough for Mularkey to keep his job for another season.

Big Titans fan and I can't stand this.  for the first time maybe ever, I intentionally didn't watch the Dolphins game.  I just find it hard to care anymore.  The program is terrible and has shown no signs of getting better.  I hate football

• Administrator

My wife and I have stopped watching NFL ball games.  Between the Titans just sucking as bad as they ever have, and the petulant behavior of the players protesting the country that enables them to live in luxury, we've just given up on it entirely.  We've started watching collegiate football more and find ourselves slowly becoming Vols fans.

Never thought I'd say that.

• Like 3

I use to be a football freak and my wife was worse than I was. We seldom ever missed a Ttans game or Vols game. Wife had house decorated in football stuff everywhere. When I lost here to a heartattack I lost my love of football also. I will only watch a game now if there is absolutely nothing else on TV worth watching. I tried to get back into it about a year after she passed and it was just not the same. I was glad I got to make one of her biggest dreams come true just before losing her. She had always said that before she died she wanted to actually go to a Vols game. I knew a buddy of mine that had season tickets every year and great seats and he also owns a Charlet in Gatlinberg. He let me use the Charlet for a weekend and his season passes. I told my wife that wednesday before the game that we were going to Gatlinburg for the weekend as she loved it up there. She got all excited and of course packed all her Tennessee Vols outfits to wear in Gatlinburg. We arrived in the Charlet on Frday night. Great view and hot tub on the deck. Spent the evening relaxing in the tub. I woke erly so I could sevrve her breakfast in Bed. On her breakfast tray under her napkins were the two passes. I was down stairs when I heard the screams and she came running down the stairs and wrapped her self around me. It was the opening game of 1997 season and the first season after they had enlarged the Stadium. I can't even remember who Tennesse was playing that night but they killed the opposing team. I cannot believe all the stuff she bought at the stadium but I know my credit card took a heck of a hit and it about filled the trunk of the car.

Now with that said I lost her suddenly to a heart attack in October 1997 just about a month after the Tennessee Game and I would give all I own to have her back but to this day I will never forget that one dream i made come true for her. Like I said I have tried to get back into the game but does not work. Her daughter and my Son In law are about like she was about the Vols so I gave her all the stuff her mother had decorating the house and now their house is decorated all up. They have invited me to come and watch some games with them. I did manage a few back years ago. They don't ask anymore mostly because they know I won't come but I know I am always welcome should I decide to go..............Sorry for the long post but have been needing to talk about this for sometime and this thread seemed like a place I could do it.....................:cheers: 

• Like 11

It's great you were able to take her to that game when you did. My Dad wanted to go to a Predators game before he died so I decided to take him to one the next year for his birthday but he passed away before his next birthday. If you want to do something good for someone you care about, get it done. Never know if tomorrow will get here for you or them.

• Like 1

Thank  you all for those kind words. I have been wanting to talk about that part of my life for sometime. I just never found the right time or way to do it until I read this thread and I knew this was my opportunity to. I guess some folks might call it vent but to me it is more of a relief to talk about it. I know about every one here can probably share a similar part of their lives. You just have to have that spark that opens the door and this was my spark.........Again thank all of you for your kind words. I still miss her 20 years later like it was yesterday!

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Raoul said:

You should go watch a game. All things pass and time waits for no one.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks Raoul. I have been thinking about taking Daughter and Tommy (son in law) up on an invite this season. Like you said, time waits for no one. It will do one or two things by going. It will get me passed what I have held back for 20 years or confirm that I just won't get back on the football horse again...................:cheers:

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:18 AM, TGO David said:

My wife and I have stopped watching NFL ball games.  Between the Titans just sucking as bad as they ever have, and the petulant behavior of the players protesting the country that enables them to live in luxury, we've just given up on it entirely.  We've started watching collegiate football more and find ourselves slowly becoming Vols fans.

Never thought I'd say that.

During the Manning Era, I worked with three of the most obnoxious Vol fans you could ever imagine. From Monday morning till Friday at quitting time. All I ever head was Vols...Peyton...Vols...Peyton...Peyton...Peyton...Peyton. Seemed to be the only thing ever talked about. The season end didn't stop it. They immediately went into "next year" mode.

I grew to really hate him and the team. I admit Peyton will probably be remembered as one of, if not the greatest, quarterback of out times, but I just couldn't bring myself out of being sickened by him.

Ok, years pass and now Peyton is at Indy. What do I hear? Same thing again, I'm doomed to live in a world where I'm alone in my feelings. lol

But actually, I totally agree with David, we get more enjoyment in our sports watching time with the college teams than the pros. And for pretty much the same reasons.

Go Vandy!

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1