Please sign Mark Serbu's Petition

Wow, almost 100 views and 3 people signed. You guys are really burning it up here.

Other boards I post to get 75% compared to the 3% here.

Come on guys, it won't hurt and only takes a minute!

I got the spinning wheel of death when I tried to go to that link. :shrug:

It works in Chrome but not IE: however, what makes this petition any different from the others that I've signed. No one in the government cares, and I don't want to join their SPAM list.

Edited by SWJewellTN

Not to bust on this as I think it's fine, but change.org has never changed a thing in its existence.  Even at 100,000 votes, they will just say "ok, thanks". 

The executive and legislative branches know the view of gun owners.  Our effort is better focused on elections and politicians than a website where nothing will happen.  Just my  :2cents: .  

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 5
There will be 1000 petitions pop up and none of them will accomplish anything. If you want something done, get on the phone and call your reps. Keep their phones tied up for weeks.

Send that out instead of a petition Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1

Wow, almost 100 views and 3 people signed. You guys are really burning it up here.

Well, sorry for the Cage rattling, but it seemed to work. About 30 signatures in the Last few hours! Thanks everyone.

The comments on the web site are awesome to read as well. A lot of passion there.

But again, what does a change.org petition do? Absolutely nothing when it comes to this stuff.

If you want to make a change, call your reps. Email them. Mail them. Stop wasting time with silly third party petitions that do nothing except provide self-satisfaction to those involved.

But again, what does a change.org petition do?

Further more what does this petition do? The wording is vague and doesn't suggest specific action or desired outcome.

I'll pass on signing this one.

Had a conversation with a coworker and friend today, I'm happy with the amount of firearms I own so if I can't ever buy anymore I could be ok with it (I'd get pissed, don't get me wrong, but after the dust settled it'd be whatever). As long as I could still put ammo in the ones I have, and press my own ammo I'd be fine.

Of course there are a few guns on the want list but right now there are other priorities. Such is life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what passes as a "petition" these days?  Good luck getting anyone to take it seriously.

That's just the title, read the actual statement:

"The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution has been under attack for a long time.  For some reason, people who have no trouble believing that the 1st Amendment applies to free speech as an individual right, don't accept the same for the 2nd Amendment.  Also, those who have no problem believing that the 1st Amendment applies to verbal speech as well as TV, radio, cellular and satellite communications think that the 2nd Amendment just applies to muskets!!  The founders put the 2nd Amendment into the U.S. Constitution as an individual right as a protection against tyranny, to give the people the ability to fight back against a corrupt government.  Ironically, the best tools for that job are assault rifles (machine guns) and high-capacity magazines.  These are the very firearms which are under attack the most even though they are responsible for fewer deaths each year than are hammers, knives, fists, etc.  Send a message to Congress to leave our gun rights alone!"

---------------------------------------------

While I support the sentiment, I don't think a petition from this site will accomplish anything.  Even the White House site accomplished little, and that is supposed to be the official way to petition Government change.  They changed the number of signatures required there to keep from doing anything...I guess Boston Tea Parties are the only thing that get their attention.

I did read the petition; I second btq96r.

No offense, but I don't like my 'cage rattled' and I wouldn't sign that if I did think the petitions meant a thing. I agree with the sentiment, but if my John Hancock is going on something of governmental merit I want it to be better written than something I could tap out on the iPhone in my coffee break.
  • Like 1

As an informed clicker, what's your angle on this? A newcomer who feels the need to "rattle our cages". That's a serious question... as I wouldn't join a community to immediately point out how I felt other communities were better in my opinion.

I'm not signing it because:

A.) Spam ahoy

B.) It's entirely unstructured, it's just a rant about "don't touch mah guns"... maybe it needs to be about specific callouts like unconstitutional embargo's on weapons import? Or the up coming EO's? and finally

C.) He called them assault rifles......  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

• Like 4