Great deal on some of my fav AR mags... as low as $9ea, free shipping.

musicman

https://www.botach.com/e-lander-ar15-m4-30rd-steel-magazines/

I know a lot of folks don't like/trust Botach. That's fine. I've made multiple orders, saved a ton, and always gotten first quality product in a reasonable amount of time. If you don't like them, don't click the link. :-)

As for the mags, these are Israeli E-Landers mags. I have a bunch and love them. They are akin to GI mags, but made of steel. They utilize super smooth tilt-free followers. They're heavier and STUPID tough! If you like the flex and rebound of poly mags, you'll HATE these!

I bought 5 more of these around black friday when Makodefense.com had them for around $14 ea and free shipping. Prior to that I had paid almost $19 for them. I couldn't pass up this deal and ordered another drawer full.

I know Bummer's gun control push seems to have no teeth and is not an attack on mag limits, etc. That never stopped panic buying before. Regardless of his Oscar performance today, I'd still have bought these. But... I'm not gunna lie... I feel even better about my purchase since his talk.

Btw, they ship free with no minimum so even if you just want to try one, they'll send one right to your door for under $10. If you haven't used one of these before, I really recommend it.

I like to leave mags loaded, and have problems with some various poly mags popping rounds every now and then. Not so with these monsters!
  • Like 4
I dunno that any of us "need" more, lol! But do I want them? Heck yes I do! :-D

As for the Elite Match, the price on them rises and falls like the tide. I've seen them as high as almost $900, a few months ago about $750ish. I got mine around $680 something, and then a few days later the price went down around 30 bucks. Bud's has a price guarantee through some vendor and they cut me a check for the difference. No complaints here!

Price is $719 at Bud's right now. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/54981/eaa_600650_witness_elite_match_14+1_10mm_475

I will give you this warning... the mag may not go into the gun when fully loaded. Mine don't go in with 13 or 14 rds. It will just barely go in with 12. When empty or with 11 or fewer rounds, everything is fine, and the mags drop free just fine. Actually, they JUMP out!

My second Witness, a standard model, exhibits this to less of an extent. Only at 13 rds does it start to drag. A 14rd mag will not go in.

It doesn't matter which mag (I have 7 I use between the 2 guns) is used, it's that the frame is just a little tight for the mag when it starts to swell. The 10MM is the only version of the gun that exhibits this problem, from what I've read.

I was disappointed when I found this out, but I love the gun so much I've decided to just run it as a 10rd gun until I have a smith tune it up for me. EAA has a terrible reputation for customer service, and you have to pay shipping both ways for warranty work.

I know all of that sounds like I'm trying to talk you out of the gun, but I promise I'm not! It's a freakin' joy to shoot, and a laser beam. Coming from a Glock (or any striker gun, really) background, the trigger will spoil the crap out of you. The nice heavy frame makes it a total pussycat. Get the wolff recoil spring kit and use the heaviest one that is reliable. I went and put the heaviest one in first... can't remember now if it's 21 or 23 lbs... and I haven't had a single hiccup with anything from basic Remmy white box, Armscor, Sig Elite, Hornady, or any of my handloads.

Gitchoo one! Edited by musicman
  • Like 1
Just FYI I ordered these right before I posted this thread last night. UPS just sent my tracking number. :-) I'm happy with that!

HP, Mrs Monkey, and anyone else trying these out, please let me know what you think of the mags when they arrive. I'd like to know how you feel about them. :-)
  • Like 1

Having met and talked with you a few times, I wouldn't be surprised if I discovered you had built the irone throne from magazines. :D

I don't have enough to do that.

Yet.

But I did order some. At 9 each if you bought more than 7.

AT that and no shipping...that's really good.

Bwahahaha!!! Maybe you should get some ammo too... ya know... in case things get really ugly. Empty mags are useless in a defense situation.

LOL   You don't know how badly I want to multi click several order buttons right now.  But just cannot do it at this point.

Just FYI I ordered these right before I posted this thread last night. UPS just sent my tracking number. :-) I'm happy with that!

HP, Mrs Monkey, and anyone else trying these out, please let me know what you think of the mags when they arrive. I'd like to know how you feel about them. :-)

Got your mags yet? I ordered on the 6th, and with the 3 day shipping I expected to see them by now. But no joy as yet.

I just did the free shipping, tracking shows them to be delivered today.

Maybe I misread it, but the 3 day ground service was what I saw as shipping when I ordered. Oh well...more to look forward to.

BTW...have you used any of the Case Guard AR mag boxes/carriers?

I got a couple on Amazon, the best price I could find. Right at 22 each, and since I got into Amazon Prime, there was no s/h charges on them.

I'm still uncertain of how I feel about them.

Oh, so it's a 50 cal case with a foam insert for mags.

Um. Meh. I feel like that's a lot of wasted space in there. I'm not worried about mags moving a little in storage.

Agreed on the space comment. I see it as much a novelty item as a replacement for the 50 cal size cans, but I do like the idea for a short range trip as they carry pretty easy, or for ease of placement and removal for the bigger mags. Yes, I know...regular metal cans carry just as easily. lol 

But as I said earlier, I'm still thinking and playing with my cases. Might modify and use for the 32 round Glock mags we all seem to be accumulating.

Happiness is a box full of freshly baked AR mags!
20160114_172904_zpsqvpd2qqs.jpg

Sure, the shipping was slower than I would have liked but I'm not gunna fuss about free shipping and no tax on these bad boys! I wasn't in a hurry for them, and I definitely didn't NNNEEEEEED them, but I just couldn't pass it up. They're out of stock now, but if they're available again at this price in the future and I have the funds freed up, I'll probably get a few dozen more.

Honestly, at the price we paid I was a little nervous that we may be getting bulk packed items or factory seconds, especially in light of how much I've spent on these before. Nope; perfect condition and packed just like all my other previous orders. I'm a cappy hamper!

Edited by musicman

Glad yours arrived. What do you think of them?

Strange you should ask, I was just thinking about a comment here. lol

I'm very inpressed with them! Absolutely great finish on them. The stamped seams are so smooth it is unbelievable. And the followers are the most stable I've ever seen and felt.

Add the fact that they are made in Israel for their military, and the weight issue is negligible, I see these as absolutely great products.

I will most likely be ordering more of them and replacing some of the Pmags.