"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun." -Bill Ruger

I bet he's rolling in his grave now.

He never fought during WWII, so the men that had the salt to face the enemy must not have been honest men.  I guess the real men were back in the states, looking into various war profiteering opportunities.

• Like 1

He never fought during WWII, so the men that had the salt to face the enemy must not have been honest men.  I guess the real men were back in the states, looking into various war profiteering opportunities.

If you dig further into that quote and add context to it, he is only referring to civilians.  It doesn't excuse his statements or stance, but he wasn't calling WWII vets dishonest.  

A suppressor releases by one the huge US gun companies, with one of the largest marketing "footprints" in the industry, is a huge deal.

This is the kind of thing that can help get suppressors removed from the NFA.

It certainly helps.  And remember that Ruger has given millions to the NRA each of the past few years.  This could get the NRA behind some NFA stuff as well. 

If you dig further into that quote and add context to it, he is only referring to civilians. It doesn't excuse his statements or stance, but he wasn't calling WWII vets dishonest.

I understand the context just fine. But an honest man may have to use a military style weapon at some point, and that includes civilians. Anyone who paid attention in history class should know that. Not being in the military and owning a military style weapon with standard capacity doesn't qualify someone as dishonest. Screw his legacy.
  • Admin Team

There was a time when it was considered the patriotic duty of an American to be familiar with the operation of the primary battle weapon of his country (i.e. see the Civilian Marksmanship Program).

I'd love to see some of that voiced back into the dialogue these days...

There was a time when it was considered the patriotic duty of an American to be familiar with the operation of the primary battle weapon of his country (i.e. see the Civilian Marksmanship Program).

I'd love to see some of that voiced back into the dialogue these days...

While that is ideal, it will likely never happen.  I'd love to see us get back to that.  But there are just too many pansies running around nowadays.  

A suppressor releases by one the huge US gun companies, with one of the largest marketing "footprints" in the industry, is a huge deal.

This is the kind of thing that can help get suppressors removed from the NFA.

Freedom Group already owns AAC.  All they have to do is put Remington or Similar on the side.  They haven't done that yet.  All they've done is produce a once great suppressor and added horrible customer service.  

Who defines patriot duty?  I could define it and likely have a lot of support saying a person failed in their patriotic duty by if they didn't at least try to be in the US military.  If that is too rigid then who gets to define the "cut line" in determining what defines "patriotic duty?"  

Are these the only people who have met their patriotic duty?  http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/what-percentage-of-americans-have-served-in-the-military/