Taya Kyle's Discussion with President Obama

It was a prescreened question. Meant to look like a tough one. The "town hall" was an absolute joke.

He did say he doesn't want to confiscate guns though. But since he seems to say the exact opposite of reality I would be suspect.

She did do good with the question though.

So he says that places with strict gun ownership laws has crime rates that have dropped. While places without stricter laws, the rates have not dropped very much. How about Chicago? How does that fit into your make believe land Mr. President?. (No offense to Mr. Rogers).

I'm going to make me a sandwich and listen to some Fleetwood Mac before my head explodes from the stupidity that it is subjected too by simply listening to our nations leader. As Christine McVie sings, "I'm over my head", it just doesn't feel nice. (Thats my make believe land).

Edited by EMB145
  • Like 1

So he says that places with strict gun ownership laws has crime rates that have dropped. While places without stricter laws, the rates have not dropped very much. How about Chicago? How does that fit into your make believe land Mr. President?. (No offense to Mr. Rogers).

I'm going to make me a sandwich and listen to some Fleetwood Mac before my head explodes from the stupidity that it is subjected too by simply listening to our nations leader. As Christine McVie sings, "I'm over my head", it just doesn't feel nice. (Thats my make believe land).

That's an easy comment to say. If an area with high gun ownership only has a .5% crime rate and it drops to a .4 it isn't a "large" drop as opposed to a low gun ownership area that drops from 10% to 8%.

Juggling numbers to fit where they need them. No, no, you have to look at it from this side. If you look at it logically, it does not work for us.

Thank you Dane, I did not view it the way you did. Yes he can say it, but it is still BS and the sad part is, people will buy it.

Edited by EMB145

Taya was good, all the public speaking since her husbands murder has refined her talking style, and helps her come across very nicely.  Firm, yet not in your face about it.

But this woman stole the show in my opinion.  She pretty much left the President with no room to do anything except move on, as he had no real answer.  She had to endure the fear of every woman in America, and now has a family of her own to protect.  Her story is exactly the reason, and her telling it makes a powerful case explaining why people need guns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/08/meet-kimberly-corban-the-pro-gun-rape-survivor-who-challenged-obama-on-cnn/

• Like 2

Taya was good, all the public speaking since her husbands murder has refined her talking style, and helps her come across very nicely.  Firm, yet not in your face about it.

But this woman stole the show in my opinion.  She pretty much left the President with no room to do anything except move on, as he had no real answer.  She had to endure the fear of every woman in America, and now has a family of her own to protect.  Her story is exactly the reason, and her telling it makes a powerful case explaining why people need guns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/08/meet-kimberly-corban-the-pro-gun-rape-survivor-who-challenged-obama-on-cnn/

Spot on!  That is exactly what Rush said yesterday. 

Obama saying that "it is a false notion that he does not support the Second Amendment" is equal to him saying, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."  Destroying our Second Amendment rights isn't something that can be accomplished in one fell swoop.  They (government) will have to do it over time in small bits and pieces.

What is interesting to me is that Congress allows the president to continuously usurp congressional authority and the constitution.  Are there no guardians of Liberty left?

• Like 1

Perhaps this has been addressed elsewhere but if having a trust means my background isn't checked, then what happens during the examiners time with my paperwork?  I know, it sits in a box for a long time but is their only job to check for errors on the forms?  If that's all they do, hire a couple of high school teachers to "grade" these things and the backlog would go away in a week!

I've also done the non-trust method for purchasing NFA items and I don't know that the Sherriff did any kind of check-I didn't fill out a form like when purchasing a firearm-I just dropped them off and picked them up the next day.

• Like 1

Perhaps this has been addressed elsewhere but if having a trust means my background isn't checked, then what happens during the examiners time with my paperwork?  I know, it sits in a box for a long time but is their only job to check for errors on the forms?  If that's all they do, hire a couple of high school teachers to "grade" these things and the backlog would go away in a week!

I've also done the non-trust method for purchasing NFA items and I don't know that the Sherriff did any kind of check-I didn't fill out a form like when purchasing a firearm-I just dropped them off and picked them up the next day.

I have been wondering this exact thing since this 41p deal has come up. I thought when I sent in my form(whatever) to the atf they did a background check. Do they not?