Your Favorite Movie Actors Obama & Gun Control

R_Bert

Not that I give a rodent's rear what they think on anything, nor watch their tripe, but it is good to review the list from time to time -

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/01/08/will-ferrell-bradley-cooper-98-other-celebrities-send-obama-thank-you-letter-for-gun-control/

Jessica Alba

Judd Apatow

Alan Arkin

Dylan Baker

André Balazs

Talia Balsam

Elizabeth Banks

Jason Bateman

Tony Bennet

Aloe Blacc

Dustin Lance Black

T Bone Burnett

Steve Buscemi

Sophia Bush

Nick Cannon

Graydon Carter

Maverick Carter

Rosanne Cash

Liza Chasin

Andy Cohen

Bruce Cohen

Marc Cohn

Kenneth Cole

Maria Cuomo Cole

Bradley Cooper

Victor Cruz

Rosemarie DeWitt

Griffin Dunne

Jay Duplass

Mark Duplass

Steve Earle

Rich Eisen

Noah Emmerich

Carolyn Everson

Edie Falco

Marshall Faulk

Will Ferrell

Viveca Paulin-Ferrell

Jenna Fischer

Rupert Friend

Scott Fujita

Nely Galán

Alex Gansa

Victor Garber

Tony Goldwyn

Clark Gregg

Jennifer Grey

Ted Griffin

Dan Gross

Paul Haggis

Jon Hamm

John Benjamin Hickey

David and Joan Hill

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

Arianna Huffington

Timothy Hutton

In-Q

Brad Jakeman

Richard Jenkins

Beverly Johnson

Rashida Jones

Michael Keaton

Michael J Kelly

Neil LaBute

Donna Langley

Kristin Lemkau

Nanette Lepore

Ben Lerer

Tracy Letts

Ron Livingston

Justin Long

Carey Lowell

Josh Lucas

Tobey Maguire

Julianna Margulies

Tom McCarthy

Adam McKay

Kelly Meyer

Ron Meyer

Julianne Moore

Mandy Moore

Elisabeth Moss

Olivia Munn

Liam Neeson

Edward Norton

Sarah Jessica Parker

Mandy Patinkin

Sarah Paulson

Amanda Peet

Jeremy Piven

Josh Radnor

Paul Rivera

Shauna Robertson

Holly Robinson Peete

Paul Rudd

Mark Ruffalo

Richard Schiff

Taylor Schilling

James Schwab

David Schwimmer

Adam Scott

Naomi Scott

Suzy Shuster

John Slattery

Sir Martin Sorrell

Nicholas Stoller

Steve Stoute

Ed Templeton

David Wain

Robyn Wholey

Kristen Wiig

Olivia Wilde

Debra Winger

Edited by R_Bert

Not that I give a [b]rodent's rear[/b] what they think on anything, nor watch their tripe, but it is good to review the list from time to time -

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JMH42/media/Rats%20Ass_zpsqbue8m85.jpg.html]Rats%20Ass_zpsqbue8m85.jpg[/URL]

Debra Winger? Isn't she some has been from the 70's? Otherwise I could almost care what they think. They must be a high profile bunch based on the fact I am not the only one that doesn't have a clue who they are.

Although before my time I enjoy the classics like Jack lemon and Walther Matheau. Have no idea on their 2nd stance.
K191145, on 08 Jan 2016 - 10:35 PM, said:

Rats%20Ass_zpsqbue8m85.jpg

I have told some colleagues - "I must apologize, my inventory of rodent posteriors is deficit to your demand".

Colleagues - "huh?"

Me - "you really want to know?"

Colleagues - "yes!"

Me - "I. do. not. give. a. rat's. ass."

Colleagues - "oh."

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 2

i hate that "being famous" somehow gives you a superior opinion. I am sure they have more influence over the "heard" but notability and intelligence don't  always go together. If in doubt, take a look at Johnny Manziel :wall:

Thankfully, my vote will count the same as all those listed next year.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

Well, I disagree with them, obviously...but there are some hot chicks on that list (I'm talking about you Olivia's Munn and Wilde), and some very good entertainers.  So I'll just watch what I want and not care what they may think about my guns.

i hate that "being famous" somehow gives you a superior opinion. I am sure they have more influence over the "heard" but notability and intelligence don't  always go together. If in doubt, take a look at Johnny Manziel :wall:

Thankfully, my vote will count the same as all those listed next year.

I learned long ago not to idolize anyone, they may have a talent for acting or singing, or be athletic and good at some sport but the reality is they are really no different than the guy working behind the Mapco counter. As a matter of fact the guy working behind the Mapco counter probably has more of a grasp on reality than most of them do, You can enjoy their movies or music, or admire their athleticism on the field, maybe ask for an autograph but often they burst peoples bubbles. I used to hear a lot of quotes from Bill Cosby and people expressing their admiration for him, "POP" (rapist), or the great American athlete Lance Armstrong, "POP" (doping cheater), and the list goes on. The more famous and rich they are they loose touch everyday working peoples reality, their opinion on many things is unqualified unless it's an opinion about acting or music or sports or something they have some experience in. Basically they're just another dude or chick, nothing really special.

Well, I disagree with them, obviously...but there are some hot chicks on that list (I'm talking about you Olivia's Munn and Wilde), and some very good entertainers.  So I'll just watch what I want and not care what they may think about my guns.

BTQ, certainly no reason to avoid watching them.  I can tell you from personal experience after hanging out with each of them that they are clingy and needy.  :-\

In general, I agree with you. But so many people now seem to believe these "celebrities" have some better knowledge of the world and what's happening in it. Or maybe they just can't think for themselves(most likely option) and want their idols to make choices for them.

It's like Parrohead said, being famous seems to grant genius status to some actors and singers who couldn't function in the real world.
  • Like 2

I have never given a Rats A$$ what the people in Tinsel Town think about when it comes to their political views. I figure they are actors and they are acting 99% of the time and just cater to who ever may be interviewing them at that time as to what their views are. I only saw about 5 names of that list that I recognized. I would like to see any them go up against an NRA official in a debate on the issue of the 2nd Amendment......................jmho 

• Like 1

I especially like the leaked photos of Munn. Shame on me..

I have never given a Rats A$$ what the people in Tinsel Town think about when it comes to their political views. I figure they are actors and they are acting 99% of the time and just cater to who ever may be interviewing them at that time as to what their views are. I only saw about 5 names of that list that I recognized. I would like to see any them go up against an NRA official in a debate on the issue of the 2nd Amendment......................jmho 

I would like to see them go up against a 12 year old in a debate on any issue. :dropjaw:

• Like 2

Most of them are people I never heard of, not surprising in my case as popular culture has never been one of my interests.  I do enjoy watching movies, I suppose I've probably seen many of these people in some of them without realizing their names, but I never watch movies to form opinions on political/social issues of any stripe.  What kind of name is In-Q anyway?

I never understood why these idiots think that because they have found success in the acting world anyone would care what their political opinions are.  It simply makes me treat them like supposed good chicken restaurants, give me a free side of your political views with your otherwise wonderful product and I'm not buying either.  Just sell me your great product and we'll both be happy.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/01/08/will-ferrell-bradley-cooper-98-other-celebrities-send-obama-thank-you-letter-for-gun-control/

The letter opens by saying, “Thank you. Thank you for having the courage and leadership to take Executive Action on preventing more unnecessary gun violence in this country. We are deeply thankful for the actions you took this week. [b]Countless lives will be saved as a result.”[/b]

This only proves that the celebrities who signed and agree with this letter are just as STUPID AND NAIVE as any one else, including all the common peasants who actually believes that Obama's executive orders will do one damn thing to curb crime and violence and save lives. 

• Like 1

This is the one that stings. I hope Kyle's widow kicks him in the balls...

Not really a surprise considering he's from Philadelphia.  He's even still a huge Eagles fan.

I never understood why these idiots think that because they have found success in the acting world anyone would care what their political opinions are.  It simply makes me treat them like supposed good chicken restaurants, give me a free side of your political views with your otherwise wonderful product and I'm not buying either.  Just sell me your great product and we'll both be happy.

So, if you had people listening, or a metric ton of people reading your social media pages, you wouldn't talk out in support of gun rights?  I would.

Edited by btq96r

Some pretty well known names on this list. And isn't it strange that almost all seem to be well educated types who know how to express themselves in a coherent manner. As well as being very successful in their professions. 

I must admit to finding 2 surprising(for me anyway) names on that list though.

Eric Clapton and James Earl Jones. Don't know why it should surprise me, but it did.

So, if you had people listening, or a metric ton of people reading your social media pages, you wouldn't talk out in support of gun rights?  I would.

If I were in a situation in which gun politics had zero to do with my business I would keep my personal beliefs out of it.  I've been there in the past and was more than happy to take the money of people who no doubt had different views than I.  I like money so I had no inclination to alienate them.  Of course if I was some big time movie star with plenty of money I'd probably promote my agenda without caring what anyone thought.