The New guy

I have been wanting to start shooting idpa or other type matches. I was just wanting to see if anyone had some advice for a new guy? Outside of reading the rule books. Should I go and watch some match first then shoot? Or just hop right in?
  • Like 1
Come on out and shoot with us, watching stinks but you are welcome to do so. We run indoor matches every Wednesday night over in Gallatin. 526 West Main St is the address. Doors open at 5pm, rounds down range by 6:15pm. We end right at or just after 9pm.

Definitely a good group that shoots with us, and they will make you feel at home.

Come on out and shoot with us, watching stinks but you are welcome to do so. We run indoor matches every Wednesday night over in Gallatin. 526 West Main St is the address. Doors open at 5pm, rounds down range by 6:15pm. We end right at or just after 9pm.

Definitely a good group that shoots with us, and they will make you feel at home.

I have seen your club and it would be my perferred place to get started but my issue is i work 2nd shift  :-\

I seen that the Gallatin gun club had a idpa match this weekend but i didnt know if you had to be a member to shoot there? I see the waiting list is like 3 years out.

No membership required for IDPA there. Robert puts on a fun match. There are few others that will likely chime in here. There are no shortages of places to go compete here luckily
  • Like 1

I've got time on my hands and now that deer season is over I have time to get involved.  Where can I find info on the Wednesday night matches?

I've got time on my hands and now that deer season is over I have time to get involved. Where can I find info on the Wednesday night matches?

You can either see our website at www.tnactionpistol.com or look in the competitive shooting forum here. We also post matches on Facebook.

Easy info: Wednesday nights, doors open at 5pm, rounds downrange by 6:15. We wrap up around 9 pm unless it's one of our crazy (Halloween,Christmas, ect).

3 mags and strong side holster. Come out and play when you can!
  • Like 1
I know the tn action piston matches on Wed are very friendly to new shooters. I showed up one night with no experience and I had a great time! Very good guys to shoot with. I've been shooting with them every chance I get now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by J.Sharer

I have seen your club and it would be my perferred place to get started but my issue is i work 2nd shift  :-\

Well, if you ever get a Wednesday night off, come join TN Action Pistol in Gallatin.

Other IDPA matches you need to hit on the weekends are:

• Gallatin Gun Club - 2nd Saturday - Shooter's meeting at 9:15am
  • Manchester - 4th Sunday - Shooter's meeting at 12 noon

I have been wanting to start shooting idpa or other type matches. I was just wanting to see if anyone had some advice for a new guy? Outside of reading the rule books. Should I go and watch some match first then shoot? Or just hop right in?

Just jump in! I was in your shoes back in October. I shot a match with the TN Action Pistol guys and loved it.

You'll be real nervous the first match but everybody will help you out.

The shooting is fun but just being around like minded individuals having a good safe time is just as fun.

You'll meet some great people and pick up a lot of pointers from the veteran shooters.

If you like range time IDPA will blow that away.

Sent from the Fortress of Solitude.
Music City Tactical Shooters host various competitive shooting matches every weekend at our Dickson range. You can find the match schedule and more information on our website. We are having an IDPA match this Saturday. We would love to see you there.
If you go watch, you will regret not taking your gear and shooting, attend the new shooter meeting, they explain a lot in them, I have been shooting at Mcts for a couple of Years and they are a safe and friendly learning environment