Knoxville Comcast Internet users, 300gb cap now 600?

Tncobra

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh-I noticed this also,but I assumed something was wrong because of the fact I replaced my modem last week.I thought it was a goof on their part.Did you check your download speed-they reduced me to performance from blast.I am now getting 29mbs compared to the 80 I was getting.

all I get from Comcast is notices saying I am about to go over my data limits or that I have gone over. 

They threaten to charge more for each block of 50 gb.  But then when directed to their site explaining all of this I am told I get four warnings first before the billing increase.

None of it makes sense.

They also claim Knoxville is a test area for these new limits.  These limits were sprung at me with no forewarning.

Guess I will know more when the bill arrives.

Update,

I talked with comcast employee in knoxville and she doesnt know whats going on. Im on hold for 20 minutes, finally she transfers me to the 877 number below. Before transferring me she tells me I have 450gb data cap at 75mbps , not 600. 

I call 1-877-807-6581 DATA USAGE comcast number. Guy from costa rica tells me ((( Tennessee )))residences only get 300gb @75mbps. Unless you have a business account and pay the extra money for unlimited. 

Mr rica tells me Tuscon Arizona is the only market that has 300,450, etc etc. So if you are in Tennessee you have two options according to Mr Rica, 300 or unlimited.

Mr Rica stated he would submit a ticket to fix what it says on my account page I first saw it on.

Looking back over emails, was first limited to 250gb back in 08, then bumped to 300gb in '13, no changes since.

I even have the extreme 105 service,  sort of by accident really (and which is apparently actually 150 now), and account still shows 300gb cap when I check online.

What's weird on my account is that my year's free intro pricing on package ran out, so bumped up by about 80 clams on Dec bill, was just going to see about renegotiating something or other or downgrade or something, and new bill came in with the discount on it again, without any interaction on my part. So if it stays that way, guess I'll let sleeping dogs lie for a while, dunno....

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I filed a complaint with the fcc after new years day against comcast. I am waiting now for comcast to call about it.  Comcast has been resetting our data usage early.   Some days over 24 hours early.   The kids do a good job asking about downloading large games due to the 300gb cap.    So they will wait to the last hours of the last day if we are close to the gap before downloading large gb games.    

So on new years eve comcast had reset the data usage  at 9pm our time saying we used 276gb.  I was chatting online with them about it they said they didn't reset it but don't worry cause we would get charged if we went over the 300gb limit, yet at 10pm it showed we had used 10gb on january 1 2016, and still showed december 2015 usage still at 276gb.     We went back and forth for about 20 mins the whole time the person was telling me that they could see the same dec 276gb and the january limite going up.   but still saying they haven't reset it. I went to print out the chat log but as soon as the person said bye and was gone the browser switched to a new page!   

On new years morning it showed december 2015 usage 276gb  january 2016 40gb!