knoxville 'smiths for S&W repair

Predator is out of business.

Predator is permanently closed now

FWIW, these two posts from ARFCOM HomeTown section in Dec, assuming "Bob" is the main smith?

"Bob is setting up shop at Knoxville Tactical in Powel. The were moving in his

machines just before Thanksgiving. He is supposed to be up & running mid-December

or so."

"Bob Howard has moved to Knoxville Tactical. I was fortunate enough to find him

there. Knox Tac will be ready to roll with any of your gun smithing needs as soon

as the electrician connects the necessary wiring to the lathes and machinery. They

are also equipped to Ceracoat, as well. BTW, Knox Tac is having a Glock Days sale

this weekend (started today 12/4/15), with a Glock representative in the store

tomorrow and some really good deals!"

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I'll join the "Bob" chorus as well... I've known Bob a long time... He is an excellent gunsmith and very proficient in workin on Smiths... I've used hime a bunch of time... Where ever he is; he will be an asset to those he is working for and with.. I heartily recommend him... 

leroy

If you're referring to my 686 it's not a factory issue in any way. Some friends of mine that built Bianchi Revolvers back in '87 (when I lived in Kansas City) modified it to DAO and I think clipped one of the springs...I was naive and bought into it.

It has an incredible trigger, but is picky on the primers it likes...as in Federal or Winchester....I want to return the spring to factory original and I know I would screw it up if I tried to do it. Revolver innards mystify and confuse me...that's why I like the Legos of handguns...Glocks!

Thanks for the info on Knoxville Tactical folks. I'll call them tomorrow.

From the S&W forums concerning a 29-2:  

The older guns get threaded in (thru) and the new ones are pressed it. They get refinished on the outside. Look at the aluminum guns, you can see the pins from the outside...

Anyway, this is not a job for the average Joe, have S&W fix it.

I took everyone's advice and had S&W replace the stud-just got it back and they did a great job. It took only a couple of weeks from here to there and back. 

• 2 weeks later...