Looks like Wideners has been sold

Looks like we've lost another good source. Prices have been jacked, there are no longer any firearms listed...not good.

The new website has only limited stuff so far.

Rumour has it that someone from Knoxville bought them.

Nope. That's Natchez Shooter's Supply.

I have been scratching my head over that one myself. They had some .357 bullets that I wanted, but they would not ship to me. I think it was TN, AL, and GA that they won't ship to. Any idea why? Is it something to do with sales tax?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have been scratching my head over that one myself. They had some .357 bullets that I wanted, but they would not ship to me. I think it was TN, AL, and GA that they won't ship to. Any idea why? Is it something to do with sales tax?

I think it's because they sell wholesale to dealers in those states and they have a non-compete agreement of some sort.

• Like 3

"Why we don't sell in TN, GA, or AL

Over 21 years ago Natchez Shooters Supply was started as a wholesale distributor of reloading components. The entirety of our sales came from making local deliveries to dealers throughout Tennessee, and the northern Georgia and Alabama areas. It was upon this dealer foundation that Natchez Shooters Supply grew from a two man operation in the basement of a house into the large warehouse distributor that it is today.

Due to strong loyal commitments with our local dealers that have supported our business for over 21 years, we feel that it would be best if we did not compete with our them by selling directly to their customers. We will be offering links and contact information soon of dealers in TN, GA, and AL that loyaly support us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Natchez Shooters Supply"

- OS

• Moderators

"Why we don't sell in TN, GA, or AL

Over 21 years ago Natchez Shooters Supply was started as a wholesale distributor of reloading components. The entirety of our sales came from making local deliveries to dealers throughout Tennessee, and the northern Georgia and Alabama areas. It was upon this dealer foundation that Natchez Shooters Supply grew from a two man operation in the basement of a house into the large warehouse distributor that it is today.

Due to strong loyal commitments with our local dealers that have supported our business for over 21 years, we feel that it would be best if we did not compete with our them by selling directly to their customers. We will be offering links and contact information soon of dealers in TN, GA, and AL that loyaly support us. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Natchez Shooters Supply"

- OS

Loyalty to what made the business.  Unheard of anymore.  That is fantastic.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Like 1

You might want to take a look at Powder Valley. Good prices and good people to deal with. You still have to pay hazmat fees, but their shipping charges are reasonable, and you avoid having to pay local sales tax.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Thanks. Know them well. I've just traded with Wideners a long time and have gotten some real deals out of them. Hate to see the change.

• Like 2
Was in Avery outdoors this morning. The powder wall is full with extra in the back. Primers were a plenty. Projectiles and brass of all favors. They even had roughly 8,000 LR 22 on the shelf with another 8K in the back. I would think with what 2 Bass Pros have plus Avery one could find enough to get by on.

Whatever the reason it sucks. It is hard to find reloading supplies in West TN and they have some stuff that neither MidwayUSA or Midsouth Shooters Supply carry.

Was in Avery outdoors this morning. The powder wall is full with extra in the back. Primers were a plenty. Projectiles and brass of all favors. They even had roughly 8,000 LR 22 on the shelf with another 8K in the back. I would think with what 2 Bass Pros have plus Avery one could find enough to get by on.

Unfortunately Avery Outdoors is about 1.5 hours away from me.

Midway USA dropped Has Matt fees from  $28 to $18. Don't wait until you are out to order because of shipping backlog. I'm pretty sure you can order 64lbs with one fee so put your money together with friends and save even more. Sunfish

• Like 2