Interesting chart

I would have liked to see a few more popular cartridges included just for comparison: 5.56, 300 AAC, 300 Win Mag, and .338 Lapua to name a few.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

These are all just deer hunting rounds so it is a good comparison to each other.  When you add in ammo price and availability, it seems to me the 270 is the winner.  

Edited by KahrMan
  • Like 2

These are all just deer hunting rounds so it is a good comparison each other. When you add in ammo price and availability, it seems to me the 270 is the winner.

I wasn't questioning the value of the comparison as is, just wishing there were some other calibers listed that have caught my interest lately. I am not really a hunter, but I would think any of the rounds I listed would be viable hunting rounds also (except maybe 5.56). I know several hunters locally that would agree with your assessment of the 270 cartridge, though.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  • Moderators

Not that I've even hunted with it yet, but my first and only "deer rifle" is a .270. Every time I see a discussion or chart about it, I'm very happy that I chose a great caliber pretty much by dumb luck. Some day I hope to actually get to use it!

musicman I ended up with a 270 in a bulk purchase and was going to flip it.  Now I am a hoarder of 270s, along with all the other calibers.  Haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.