Something wicked this way comes, from Kimber.

Raoul

I had a Kimber DW I bought from some dude for a song and a dance and I realized why.

The chamber was super tight - much tighter than a regular 1911, only thing it would feed was steel case - for some damn reason.

Called Kimber, told them its second hand but they wanted to see it - got it back with the chamber wider in 2 months.

Started keyholing on me and grouping like straight turd - looked inside the barrel the muldoons smoothbored about an inch or so of rifling some f--ckin how.

I called them, told them they were retards so they sent me a new barrel for "free"

....sent me the wrong damn barrel

Bastards. Called them AGAIN. Laid into them this time, sent the pistol back AGAIN (and their POS "free" barrel)...

Got the POS back 3 weeks later. They managed to scrape off the finish on my slide. Whatever. Now the barrel functions and isnt tore up.

Go to the shoot it...the bushing decided to go full haji on me and exploded or something, just sheared off, damn spring plug goes flying off....cant find it.

Call Kimber. REALLY PISSED NOW.

These dudes told me I mustve broken it when stripping it.

No replacement, REFUSED to believe something as cutting edge and high speed as a Kimber could fail...even though they machined a faulty barrel and have the logistics ability of a RETARD!

Replaced the stuff, and sold it off for the same song and dance price.

NEVER AGAIN DAMNIT!

I wont touch a Kimber anymore.

There, now Im triggered.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk Edited by CommsNBombs
  • Like 3

Same here with my 1911, must of purchased one of the rare good ones.   :devil:  

But honestly, besides my Jennings .22, none of my firearms have ever given me any issues.  Either I must be the luckiest gun owner, or some of these complaints are user created issues.  Even with my Jennings, all I have to do is feed it proper ammo...if and when it leaves the safe that is.  I am not much of a revolver enthusiast, I only own a BP and a Ruger BH .44, so I doubt I will look for one and unless I stumble across a good deal on one then I won't own one but its not due to the brand.

You need to get yourself a Llama.  I only shoot mine to show people what pieces of garbage they are.  I've never put a mag through mine without a FTF.  I'm not going to smith it because it isn't worth it; it will never be used for anything other than a sentimental hunk of metal.

I've also been lucky that I haven't had bad luck with firearms.  Only thing I can recall was having issues with a mini-14 I used to own, but I think that was due to the aftermarket magazines.  The factory mag never malfunctioned, but nearly every aftermarket high capacity magazine had the occasional doublefeed or FTF.

I also had a Sig 226 that would stove pipe nearly every round when shot by a female.  Limp wristing really messes with that gun.

I had a Kimber DW I bought from some dude for a song and a dance and I realized why.

The chamber was super tight - much tighter than a regular 1911, only thing it would feed was steel case - for some damn reason.

Called Kimber, told them its second hand but they wanted to see it - got it back with the chamber wider in 2 months.

Started keyholing on me and grouping like straight turd - looked inside the barrel the muldoons smoothbored about an inch or so of rifling some f--ckin how.

I called them, told them they were retards so they sent me a new barrel for "free"

....sent me the wrong damn barrel

Bastards. Called them AGAIN. Laid into them this time, sent the pistol back AGAIN (and their POS "free" barrel)...

Got the POS back 3 weeks later. They managed to scrape off the finish on my slide. Whatever. Now the barrel functions and isnt tore up.

Go to the shoot it...the bushing decided to go full haji on me and exploded or something, just sheared off, damn spring plug goes flying off....cant find it.

Call Kimber. REALLY PISSED NOW.

These dudes told me I mustve broken it when stripping it.

No replacement, REFUSED to believe something as cutting edge and high speed as a Kimber could fail...even though they machined a faulty barrel and have the logistics ability of a RETARD!

Replaced the stuff, and sold it off for the same song and dance price.

NEVER AGAIN DAMNIT!

I wont touch a Kimber anymore.

There, now Im triggered.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I have heard bad stories about their customer service.  Luckily I haven't had to deal with it.  I have to say, I absolutely love my Kimber.  Mine is very lightweight, an incredibly accurate shooter for a 4 inch barrel length, and sexy to look at.  Only complaint is the finish on the lower receiver.  I'm not sure if I just picked a bad year to order mine, because I have a buddy with the ultra version of mine and his finish is done right.  On my pistol, all I have to do is look at it and some of the finish will chip off.  Since I use this as an EDC much of the time, it gets banged around a lot.  I fill in the chips with a paint marker.  For what the pistol retails for, I shouldn't have to deal with that nonsense.

Edited by TMF

I have heard bad stories about their customer service. Luckily I haven't had to deal with it. I have to say, I absolutely love my Kimber. Mine is very lightweight, an incredibly accurate shooter for a 4 inch barrel length, and sexy to look at. Only complaint is the finish on the lower receiver. I'm not sure if I just picked a bad year to order mine, because I have a buddy with the ultra version of mine and his finish is done right. On my pistol, all I have to do is look at it and some of the finish will chip off. Since I use this as an EDC much of the time, it gets banged around a lot. I fill in the chips with a paint marker. For what the pistol retails for, I shouldn't have to deal with that nonsense.

I really really wanted to like it. The Desert Warrior was so slick - but 3 critical failures and dealing with Kimber's holier than thou CS Dept ruined it.

At least yours is doing good, its a shame I couldnt have a good one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I had no problems with my Kimber Warrior but I saw these comments elsewhere and chuckled...

"And with that the legendary reliability of the revolver was laid to rest."

"The the reliability of a Taurus, with the looks of a Smith & Wesson, for three-times the price."

The winner and still champion!!!! Allow me to introduce Mr. Snark...aka TGO David....

• Administrator

I'm telling you, the II series of guns were nice.  Again, my Warrior II as reference.  Never a problem out of it.  It's still serving its new owner very well.  But here are a few more gems from Arfcom about the announcement... :lol:

"They'll find a way to @#$% up a 150 year old design. It'll be pretty though."

"Will it be an over priced, unreliable POS like all their other products?"

"How in the hell do you make a revolver that won't run? I guess we'll see!"

"I wish those schmoes would make something else. Like toilet flush handles. But they would probably mess that up too."

"IS IT GONNA HAVE RAILS?!!"

"@#$%.  If you think they suck at 1911's you should buy a few of their rifles..."

"Should I just throw my Python in the trash right now?"   <--This guy!  LOL

"I'm just going to go ahead and sell all my Smiths so I can buy one....."

• Like 3
Answering the reliability questions. A guy I work with has several Kimbers of varying types, and every single one has ended up either back at Kimber or at the local 1911 smith. Not just once, but multiple times. I've heard some of the reason is due to the former management guy over there named Cohen. Everyone seems to credit him with the issue post-2001. He's over at Sig now doing the same thing so I've heard.

Answering the reliability questions. A guy I work with has several Kimbers of varying types, and every single one has ended up either back at Kimber or at the local 1911 smith. Not just once, but multiple times. I've heard some of the reason is due to the former management guy over there named Cohen. Everyone seems to credit him with the issue post-2001. He's over at Sig now doing the same thing so I've heard.

I purchased both of mine post '01 and haven't had any issues.  Of course I know I'm just a small sample of 2 pistols, but doesn't Kimber sell more 1911's than anyone else?  If that's the case, of course you are going to hear about more issues.

Does the guy you work with know 1911's very well?  They are a different animal and you should learn how to do basic tunes on them.  A lot of issues I've read about Kimber are due to extractor tension which is a very simple quick thing to fix. 

People complain about overpriced, yada, yada.  I agree to an extent there.  They have some models that are ~1500 bucks.  You are in Dan Wesson and approaching Les Baer territory there.  Of course I'd opt for either of those over a Kimber at that price point.  My pistols were basic custom II's and at that price point, they are a good option IMO. 

I purchased both of mine post '01 and haven't had any issues. Of course I know I'm just a small sample of 2 pistols, but doesn't Kimber sell more 1911's than anyone else? If that's the case, of course you are going to hear about more issues.

Does the guy you work with know 1911's very well? They are a different animal and you should learn how to do basic tunes on them. A lot of issues I've read about Kimber are due to extractor tension which is a very simple quick thing to fix.

People complain about overpriced, yada, yada. I agree to an extent there. They have some models that are ~1500 bucks. You are in Dan Wesson and approaching Les Baer territory there. Of course I'd opt for either of those over a Kimber at that price point. My pistols were basic custom II's and at that price point, they are a good option IMO.

Maybe I'm just 1911 ignorant, but should I really have to do ANYTHING but shoot a weapon I pay that much money for? I mean, call me crazy...but I've given $500 for those ugly weapons that rhyme with block that have never needed "fixing" :shrug:

I dunno, but it feels like buying a Ferrari with a "some assembly required" disclaimer. My Chevrolet truck runs well.

Maybe I'm just 1911 ignorant, but should I really have to do ANYTHING but shoot a weapon I pay that much money for? I mean, call me crazy...but I've given $500 for those ugly weapons that rhyme with block that have never needed "fixing" :shrug:

I dunno, but it feels like buying a Ferrari with a "some assembly required" disclaimer. My Chevrolet truck runs well.

Right, I get that and Kimber seems to think the extractor needs a ton of pressure for some reason.  I just get sick of people complaining "oh my gosh, it wouldn't go into battery every couple of mags!"  When all they have to do is take the frickin extractor out, bend it a tad and "BAM," the sucker runs 100%.  Same crap happens with every other manufacturer of 1911's too.  Just go browse 1911forum.com a bit and you will see.  I guess I'm sounding like a Kimber fanboy, but oh well. 

• Like 1

Right, I get that and Kimber seems to think the extractor needs a ton of pressure for some reason. I just get sick of people complaining "oh my gosh, it wouldn't go into battery every couple of mags!" When all they have to do is take the frickin extractor out, bend it a tad and "BAM," the sucker runs 100%. Same crap happens with every other manufacturer of 1911's too. Just go browse 1911forum.com a bit and you will see. I guess I'm sounding like a Kimber fanboy, but oh well.

I get what you're saying. That being said, your argument sounds identical to that of the people who defend Keltec whenever those products don't work right out of the box. "All they need is a fluff and buff!"

Comparing those two companies in the same sentence is a shame considering the dollar difference