Dirty Guns... WTF????

Mike

Why is it that some people sell a gun that is just filthy!?

This has happened twice for me. When I bought my first AR, it came to me just disgusting. Grime, caked on fouling, dirty chamber, dirty bore, filthy bolt.

What the hell?

The same happened when I bought my M1. Absolutely filthy.

Granted whenever I buy a weapon I always strip and clean it thoroughly. Even if it's new.

However....

When you sell a gun don't you want to put it's best face forward. I know that every weapon in my safe could pass a white glove inspection right now. When I go to sell one it gets an even deeper clean and polish.

I simply don't understand the logic in leaving your mess for someone else to clean. It certainly does leave a foul taste in my mouth when I buy a rifle then have to go and clean layers of crap off of it before I even get to shoot it.

/rant

-Mike

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the person who would sell a dirty gun is the same guy who does not cut his grass regularly, does not rake leaves, never washes his car, etc.. You get the idea.

I have never been presented a dirty gun that I wanted to see for the purpase of purchase. Dunno who them people are, but I can drive down my street and point out who I think they might be. :search:

Guest Astra900

Hey, look at it this way. They are doing you a favor. Even though you always clean a new gun, if it's filthy it will take longer, and give you more time to form a more intimate relationship with the newest addition to your harem.:D:D:D

Hey, look at it this way. They are doing you a favor. Even though you always clean a new gun, if it's filthy it will take longer, and give you more time to form a more intimate relationship with the newest addition to your harem.:D:D:D

Good point and as misicman said, a dirty gun is less valuable than a clean one so it may actually be a win win for you.

i clean my guns but never cut my grass, rake my leaves, or wash my car. :D

I clean my guns but I am never cutting my grass, raking my leaves, or washing my cars for that matter. I would put alot more mexicans on welfare if I were to start doing those things.

It's not the dirt and grime.

It's the principal.

I understand completely. It is pure lazyness in my opinion. Cleaning a gun up after shooting is not work and I rather enjoy it. To me, it is just part of the whole shooting experience but what do I know. I also wipe my a$$ after I take a dump.......

i clean my guns but never cut my grass, rake my leaves, or wash my car. :D

A man's gotta have his priorities straight.

Like I was tellin some of these guys the other night. "If you don't rake the leaves, it'll kill the grass then you won't have to mow, the leaves will rot and make dirt." Ergo, no mowing, no raking leaving more time for more important activities like beer drinking.

Guest specialagent

Like I was tellin some of these guys the other night. "If you don't rake the leaves, it'll kill the grass then you won't have to mow, the leaves will rot and make dirt." Ergo, no mowing, no raking leaving more time for more important activities like beer drinking.

Bump!

Now that's breakin' it down Scientific!

I was talking to my grandfather about this tonight and he regaled me with stories of how they used to clean their rifles in Korea. They ran scalding hot water over them and through the bores until all of the fouling washed off then they coated it with oil and grease.

Wild.

I was talking to my grandfather about this tonight and he regaled me with stories of how they used to clean their rifles in Korea. They ran scalding hot water over them and through the bores until all of the fouling washed off then they coated it with oil and grease.

Wild.

What I've read and heard about how soldiers treated those fine old rifles just blows my mind! Didn't have any consideration at all for us enthusiasts 50 or 60 years later.